zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I started playing the much anticipated Battlefield Open Beta today on my PC and I've got to say I love it!
smile.gif
Aside from the obvious bugs (Prone under the map, rubberbanding at certain areas) the game handles like a dream on my PC on Ultra settings (Minus a abit of server lag on UK servers)
yay.gif

So far I just love the animations of your character, its so refreshing actually physically seeing your character vault over a wall with grace and crawl through bush like they should.

My only real problem with the game so far isn't with the game itself, its with the lack of a in-game menu. Instead of lanuching the program and choosing a server to play on, one must log in through the Battlelog webpage and choose a server there. I'd much prefer a in-game menu to choose my servers and such although Battlelog's stat tracking is awesome. Speaking of in-game menus, another annoyance is the fact that its impossible to adjust your settings before heading into a game; instead you have to find a corner to hide in during a match and adjust your settings there

What are people's general impressions of the Beta so far? How are console players going with the beta?

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*Translation* Going away for two weeks w/out internet and current internet is down to 5gb left downloads D=

zeromac

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kevan said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*Translation* Going away for two weeks w/out internet and current internet is down to 5gb left downloads D=

The PC beta is only 3.9 GB and it downloaded at like 1.5MB per second for me
smile.gif

oh and @FireGrey: xD that custom title was made ages ago, I just haven't bothered changing it
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assax said:
Does anyone know until when the open beta is running?

I think like October 10th or something, so you've got a bit of time.

My friend has been playing it on both the Xbox 360 and PC and he's saying it's phenomenal. His first impression was that it was "the best multiplayer FPS to date". This is coming from a hardcore Counterstrike, TF2, CoD player.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd rather try out the full thing anyway. I just read that
M-COM's have to be armed to destroy them...

I like that =D

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I downloaded the beta a few days ago via a Warez forum, but it doesn't work yet.... Keeps crashing when I try to join a server :/
Can I legally download this game, probably via Origin?

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
This games controls are a lot like CoD.
The movement system is very fresh and lightweight opposed to the chunky CoD one.
Plus the graphics are more, well, alive...(No Brown thankyou... >.>)

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually think its pretty poo, but thats only cause I accept the t's+c's and the just get an error message before the log in screen pops up, upon entering my details i get another error and taken back to the register/login screen, and it goes on for a while before taking me back to the 360 dashboard telling me theres an error and to re-download (which i've done 3-4 times now)

If its like this on release then its going to put alot of people off

Im on the 360 btw

zeromac

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
I downloaded the beta a few days ago via a Warez forum, but it doesn't work yet.... Keeps crashing when I try to join a server :/
Can I legally download this game, probably via Origin?
Yes, the open beta is available to download for free and legally from within the Origin client, just click on the 'Free Games' tab once inside the client to find the BF3 beta there

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If this is an indication of the full release, I´m happy I did not preorder. I constantly get errors with Battlelog and even getting inside a server is too hard, my session expires and I'm asked to re-log.
What hits even worse is the fact that they cannot even fix a fucking install path. How hard is it to replace a "é" with an "e"!? I even had to make another Origin account to be able to log in to Battlelog.
I wonder if they even tested it.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Metro sucks. Horrible map, it was crap in the alpha and it's still a crap map now. Caspian border=awesome
smile.gif
. Shame they took the servers down now
frown.gif
, they need to bring them back. Can't go back to Metro after playing Caspian.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-