Hacking Batthaxx on a Virtual Wii with a 4gb sd card

• Thread starter Deleted-353083
  • Start date
  • Views 1,926
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted-353083

OP
I upgraded myself from my shitty white Wii U to the better, more elegant black version today and went to hack the V Wii side like i did with the white one however this time it didn't work. I swear to god i used the exact same 4gb sd card last time (i admit i could be wrong however i am pretty certain) however this time whenever i try to do the batthaxx with Lego Batman when i run into Bruce Wayne's room or whatever it is and then it asks me for my initials and i move it over to that sacred one on the bottom row to activate the hack, it just comes up with a "hanging" message and says no data found or something like that. Any suggestions?

P.S. No i don't have any sd cards that are smaller than that one so if you were going to say that don't bother.

D

Deleted-353083

OP
I
Do you have the HackMii Installer boot.elf on the root of your SD card?
I do VERY vaguely remember something about HackMii last time i did it but whatever i might have done i have completely forgotten by now. Be a dear and refresh my memory on what to do? :)

D

Deleted-353083

OP
Go to http://bootmii.org/download/ and copy the boot.elf and bootmini.elf to the root of your SD card.

Ok so i went to that link like you said and please tell me if i did the right or wrong thing here... i downloaded that, then extracted the contents and then copied the boot.elf and bootmini.elf files to the root of my sd card which still had the boot.dol file and private folder from the batthaxx and again it came up with the exact same "hanging" message. Is there something i'm supposed to do differently with the HackMii stuff? Sorry if i seem dumb but i am so could you please explain this in a HackMii-for-dummies sorta way? Ta.

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You used before a 4GB card and it worked?
Odd since i cant ever use a 4GB to launch Hackmii at all,at most I only use a 2GB,no errors at all.
Can you use a smaller size?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You used before a 4GB card and it worked?
Odd since i cant ever use a 4GB to launch Hackmii at all,at most I only use a 2GB,no errors at all.
Can you use a smaller size?

Crap, I forgot about that. I know for Smash Stack, you have to use a 2GB card since the game was released before the Wii had SDHC support.

D

Deleted-353083

OP
True, but they're harder to find these days than most people think. I live in Mexico, which is not exactly famous for being into the latest in technology, and I had to order one online because NOBODY had one.

Howdy again Wii hackers, forgot to get back to you wonderful people, sorry :( Anyhoo... all good now!! :) Turns out the problem was exactly what you people had said - hacking a Wii (or vWii) will ONLY work with a normal sd card (2gb or less) regardless of whatever hack you try to use. It will NOT work with a sdhc card - i now know for certain that is official. I appreciate the links you people gave for the Batthaxx but i had already done it thousands of times with original Wii's so i knew what to do but i'm new to Wii U. Where i said i was sure i had used a 4gb card last time i now realize i probably did use a 1 or 2gb card instead... which brings me to what you said there Kelton.

LMFAO - that is 100% spot on!! We have a whole range of electronic stores over here in Australia too and i went to my local one of all of them and NONE had 1 or 2 gb ones :( Infact only 1 of them even sold 4gb... all the rest have 8gb as their smallest. I even tried camera shops and none of them had them either. I was told that the companies that make them don't even make them in those sizes anymore because they are mostly used in cameras and nobody wants small size. Everyone wants bigger so they can be lazy and fit more stuff on there before having to upload to their computers to clear space. Seriously it wasn't easy getting hold of one... fortunately a friend's mother of mine had one for her camera and let me borrow it so i have the homebrew on my vWii now... YAY!!! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNGI1dI-e8&pp=ygUbU3BhY2ViYWxscyBsdWdnYWdlIHBhc3N3b3Jk