Hacking Battery life

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i get around 7 hours battery life on the 2nd lowest brightness setting with my SCL? is this normal, i heard before buying it it drains it but not by that much, this however is almost half, i used to get 13 hours before. i'm just a bit worried there may be soemthing wrong.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
k thanks, its so annoying it drops by that much but least i know its normal. maybe its punishment for all those games i'm stealing aye
smile.gif

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was kinda disappointed, too
frown.gif

Then I made the mistake and bought a cheap ass
DS lite battery with 200mAmpereres more than
the original battery.
A total rip off.
Playtime with the cheap ass battery: 2 hours *lol*

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah you got something wrong there, the delta between playing a DS game on even SC-CF's is only 10-15% worse than the same real DS cart, on the old Fat DS's. This has been confirmed by quite a few members over the months. (@5 - 5 1/2 hours compared to @6 - 6 1/2 hours)

Maybe you need to clean the contacts, as a 50% drop is way too much, also check you really get 13 hours out of the same game DS cart. I would of thought 9 hours would be the average game time for DS games on level 2 brightness on the DS-Lites (this would equate to 16-18 hours GBA time which is line with nintendos official figures)

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
REALLY! are you sure? what do yu mean clean the contacts, if there is something wrong i gotta fix it.

and btw yer i tested out the battery life when i first got the DS, i was getting around 12-13 hours on 2nd level brightness, and GBA games, well, put it this way, i played FFIV advance for like 4 days straight before having to recharge, i didnt actually time it like i did the DS the first time, but i guess it was at least 20 hours, possibly more.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this with flashme installed or are you still using the superkey / passme of some sort? Because I've heard that passme devices chew a lot of battery power, so that would account for the shorter playtime.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
REALLY! are you sure? what do yu mean clean the contacts, if there is something wrong i gotta fix it.

and btw yer i tested out the battery life when i first got the DS, i was getting around 12-13 hours on 2nd level brightness, and GBA games, well, put it this way, i played FFIV advance for like 4 days straight before having to recharge, i didnt actually time it like i did the DS the first time, but i guess it was at least 20 hours, possibly more.

GBA games only use one screen, lol

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Is this with flashme installed or are you still using the superkey / passme of some sort? Because I've heard that passme devices chew a lot of battery power, so that would account for the shorter playtime. "

i'm using a superkey, would that really make that much of a diff?

"GBA games only use one screen, lol "

i know that but that in reply to meangreenies comment that i should be getting at least 9 hours on DS games and 16-18 on GBA games when played on the 2nd level brightness. i wanted to clear it up thats it more like 12-13 for DS and well over 20 for GBA.

5kuzgib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're playing GBA games I thought you get less battery life because it's reading from RAM instead of reading directly from the card?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so then it is normal for supercard to have that much battery life if your suggesting i buy another card? i can live with 7 hours i dont play it out much anyways so when it dies i just put it on the charger, the only reason i'm worried is if its not normal.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
with 2x supercardSD and 2x superkey (v1 and v2) in both a dslite and red ds fattie, i can tell you the play time is about 75% compared to playing actual DS/GBA carts. also, your usage of WIFI network kills the battery the further you are form the AP/router/WIFI USB

edit : this wiki page under 'disadvantages'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_homebrew

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont use WiFi.

perhaps i should explain what i have, i have the Supercard lite with a superkey and a 1 gb Sandisk micro sd(normal one, not that ultra II crap or whatever). its on the 2nd lowest brightness level, where normally i goet 12-13 hours now i'm getting around 7.

is that normal or is there something worng, if there is perhaps i can return it now before its to late.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are very good times if you were getting the other times before! Flashcarts usually cut battery time in half on the DS so everything is good.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks Fifth, i trust you you seem to know alot when it comes to the Supercard. takes a load off knowing theres nothing wrong
smile.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also agree whit FifthE1ement, your bat time seems perfectly normal.
With my SC & M3 my bat time gets cut in about half, although there
are other things that come in to play. A flashed unit will get an hour or
two more, WIFI is a big drain, the volume level, & MP3’s & movies or
anything that constantly runs off the SD is also a killer. Even how graphic
intensive the game your playing is makes a difference & we already know
what brightness levels can do. So if someone says they get 3 more or less
hours then you, many things can come into play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826