Battery Life confirmation

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by cepheus, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008

Battery Life confirmation by cepheus at 3:50 PM (829 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. cepheus
    OP

Member cepheus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    so I was playing alot of metroid recently and my battery died after about 8-9h of play on the lowest brightness.

Is this normal? Maybe the battery died faster because metroid is 3d?

I have played pokemon on it for at least 15-17h without recharging just last month....

2. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Nothing to do with 3D, just the fact that you are touching the screen more which uses more battery.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    3D certainly uses more battery power than 2D, as additional hardware must be used for the rendering. However, this is likely not the problem in this particular circumstance because Diamond is also 3D (though the camera is fixed, 3D rendering is still used).

Could be any number of factors. Wifi and multiplayer use up a lot of battery power. Also, using the speakers (and to a lesser extent the headphones) will decrease total play time. Or maybe your battery is slowly losing its charge, as is perfectly normal with rechargeable batteries, though to lose that much in a month is rather extreme.

Personally I'd kill for an 8-9 hour battery life. My DS Phat with my slot-2 Supercard usually lasts 3-4 hours, if that. Less if I use wifi.

4. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the Battery life differs on the game.
    The DS does have two Prosessors in it.
    I find it funny playing a game and differs on the mode the game is in if the lite is green or red

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    What's amusing to me is to have a song playing in Moonshell just at the point when it's about to switch from green to red. For a few brief seconds, it flashes along with the music as it uses different amounts of power to output different volumes through the speakers.