TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
29kyi9s.jpg

A simple to use batch trimmer and SRAM patcher for GBA games. Simply browse to the folder containing the games you want to patch/trim, select the games you want (hold CTRL to multi-select) and hit Patch/Trim Roms! To have your games trimmed simply tick the checkbox marked Trim Roms.

By default the path for the patched/trimmed games is a folder called OUTPUT in the folder you have BatchGBA in but this can be set to a path of your choice.

The patcher also does more than one pass on the game so it should automatically patch multi-game roms.

Download available on my blog here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work TrolleyDave, I still get the odd question for batch patching/trimming of GBA stuff and this should work well for it.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Nice work TrolleyDave, I still get the odd question for batch patching/trimming of GBA stuff and this should work well for it.

Cheers mate, thanks for all the help you gave me when I was coding it! I still can't get SMB3 working properly though, but it doesn't work in GBATA either. I need to try the EZ client and see if it works in there.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are using an EZ4 the super mario games need 8:3 naming for some reason (we know it has to do with loading the save back into the ram on next launch but have not figured out why yet).
I keep meaning to change it when I make a client pack but it is tedious.

As for the help I should be thanking you, I pulled apart a few basic patches and you ran with it to completion (saved me a lot of effort).

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
If you are using an EZ4 the super mario games need 8:3 naming for some reason (we know it has to do with loading the save back into the ram on next launch but have not figured out why yet).

As for the help I should be thanking you, I pulled apart a few basic patches and you ran with it to completion (saved me a lot of effort).

If you hadn't have explained how the patching worked I don't think I'd have sussed it out so quickly though. Does the SMB3 run fine on the EZ4 with the 9.3 naming? If it does then the EZ-Client must patch it properly. I'll check that out to see what changes I need to make to my code. It seems to be the only game I can't get to run properly after patching. It just freezes after starting a new game with Mario doing a funky dance.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi TrolleyDave, what about the patch for Pokemon games? I posted on your blog about it (http://trolleyguy1971.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/batchgba-013-released/).

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ssjkakaroto said:
Hi TrolleyDave, what about the patch for Pokemon games? I posted on your blog about it (http://trolleyguy1971.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/batchgba-013-released/).

I haven't had a chance to do it yet but I'll do it when I've got time. I need to patch them with the EZ-Client and then take the data apart, I need to do the same thing for SMB3 as well. I've been working on DSFCC so when I'm finished with that I'll sort it out. The game saves and loads properly doesn't it? It just pops up that error message when you start?

Wehttam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
FAST6191 said:

If you hadn't have explained how the patching worked I don't think I'd have sussed it out so quickly though. Does the SMB3 run fine on the EZ4 with the 9.3 naming? If it does then the EZ-Client must patch it properly. I'll check that out to see what changes I need to make to my code. It seems to be the only game I can't get to run properly after patching. It just freezes after starting a new game with Mario doing a funky dance.
Seeing this kind of thing on the internet is like a shining light in the middle of all the e-peen hate.

Thanks for this. I keep having problems with Yggdra Union, and i think it's because it's too big for my Ezflash. I know it's too big for SRAM. But i'm trying to load it into NOR ritenao. And batchGBA couldn't trim it or something. I guess the game does fill up the full 32mbits. 2nd Edit: Yep, running it through NOR worked fine. Thanks for the help?
tongue.gif

Edit: I haz a kveschun: What is SRAM patching? Why might i need to do it? What games do we know need it? Is there a comprehensive list or something?

Thanks again

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Wehttam said:
Edit: I haz a kveschun: What is SRAM patching? Why might i need to do it? What games do we know need it? Is there a comprehensive list or something?

Thanks again

The only saving available in the slot 2 devices is the SRAM save types and not all GBA carts used that type of saving method, some used eeprom. So to allow the game to save on the slot 2 device it has to be altered from whatever save type it was to SRAM.

Wehttam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Wehttam said:

Thanks again

The only saving available in the slot 2 devices is the SRAM save types and not all GBA carts used that type of saving method, some used eeprom. So to allow the game to save on the slot 2 device it has to be altered from whatever save type it was to SRAM.
Wait so what if i'm using a slot 1 m3real (currently using the iSakuReal OS thing) with a slot 2 ezflash? Am i affected by this? I noticed that all my games save properly, and when i sram patched some just for the heck of it, it said they used eeprom (yet, like i said, they saved perfectly fine before i did this).

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Wehttam said:
Wait so what if i'm using a slot 1 m3real (currently using the iSakuReal OS thing) with a slot 2 ezflash? Am i affected by this? I noticed that all my games save properly, and when i sram patched some just for the heck of it, it said they used eeprom (yet, like i said, they saved perfectly fine before i did this).

It's still a slot 2 device, the cartridge is running from slot-2. It just gets copied from the slot-1 card to the slot-2 devices memory and then it runs from there. It doesn't actually change the save type string stored in the rom, when it SRAM patches the game it alters the game code itself. Don't ask me exactly what it's doing, I took the data from GBATA!

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
I haven't had a chance to do it yet but I'll do it when I've got time. I need to patch them with the EZ-Client and then take the data apart, I need to do the same thing for SMB3 as well. I've been working on DSFCC so when I'm finished with that I'll sort it out. The game saves and loads properly doesn't it? It just pops up that error message when you start?
It's been a while since I've tested it, but I'll check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm