Homebrew Question Batch uninstalling games

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi All,

I was wondering, is there a homebrew that could do batch uninstalling games? I usually install using awoo (with batch install too) and uninstall one by one from the data management, but sometime I wish I could do it in a batch for uninstalling.

Thanks.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I was wondering, is there a homebrew that could do batch uninstalling games?
I know the solution.

Use the dbi installer (it's github's here), open it, 'Browse installed applications', then choose all games that you'd want to delete via 'X' button, then press '—' button to delete them all with all the updates/dlcs they're included.

Last edited by mathew77,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i don't know of an app that currently supports this, but i could make one for you if you want. it would be very simple, would just list all the games and you can scroll through and select each one to delete then press (X) to delete all selected.
Come on, my dude. Do it.
Love goes your way.

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i don't know of an app that currently supports this, but i could make one for you if you want. it would be very simple, would just list all the games and you can scroll through and select each one to delete then press (X) to delete all selected.

Hi. Thanks a lot for the offer man. I really appreciate it. I don't want to be a burden though :), but if you think it will be useful for the community, I guess it would be nice, but it seems @mathew77 also propose a homebrew that could do it.

I know the solution.

Use the dbi installer (it's github's here), open it, 'Browse installed applications', then choose all games that you'd want to delete via 'Y' button, then press '—' button to delete them all with all the updates/dlcs they're included.

Hi. thanks a lot for the suggestion. I didn't realize there is another installer (how many installer are there anyway???). I never use dbi before, but perhaps I could check it since it also support NSZ installation. have you ever use this before? does it work nicely?

cheers,

Last edited by arabtm,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi. Thanks a lot for the offer man. I really appreciate it. I don't want to be a burden though :), but if you think it will be useful for the community, I guess it would be nice, but it seems @mathew77 also propose a homebrew that could do it.

Hi. thanks a lot for the suggestion. I didn't realize there is another installer (how many installer are there anyway???). I never use dbi before, but perhaps I could check it since it also support NSZ installation. have you ever use this before? does it work nicely?

cheers,
I think DBI Installer is part of the Kefir CFW package. So it's a bit unknown to be honest.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
So it's a bit unknown
Well, it has a long and well-known history (2 years I guess), a github and it's own social community, and, the most importantly, it's never let me down.
So I can wholeheatedly reassure you and all who's interested in it of it's super coolness.

The dbi also has many interesting and unique features, like old devmenu replacement, cleanup functions and Cache Partition saves manager, MTP installing and dumping titles straight to the PC, clean & light interface and codebase and so on and there's more, which for example NSCB (@JRoad) incorporates with it in his project, too.

Tldr; I couldn't recommend it more! ^_^

Last edited by mathew77,
Reactions: impeeza and mrgone

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

cheers,
i ended up making the app. it took me a lot longer than expected because i decided to add a gui...although very basic.

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/untitled

example0.jpg

theres no icon for the app atm (or even a name!) so feel free to send a pr if anyone has any suggestions

Last edited by TotalJustice,

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
feel free to send a pr if anyone has any suggestions
Thank you!..

My name suggestions are: «Batch Uninstaller», or «NX Titles Uninstaller», or «Game Deleter», and a sample icon:

1.jpg

Image that was used is royalty free, so I guess it's totally OK to use it under the MIT License.

Last edited by mathew77,

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Reactions: TotalJustice

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi @TotalJustice, if you're planning to improve your homebrew, I have a suggestion. after uninstalling, the space available doesn't seem to get updated. you have to close the program first and open it again to show the new available space.

it's not a big deal though, but I was just confused, and quickly checked from system > data management just to make sure the uninstall process works, and it did. it's really convenient and fast uninstallation :)

have you thought about renaming the homebrew and adding icon? thanks again.

btw, will this work with the latest atmosphere?

Reactions: TotalJustice

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @TotalJustice, if you're planning to improve your homebrew, I have a suggestion. after uninstalling, the space available doesn't seem to get updated. you have to close the program first and open it again to show the new available space.

it's not a big deal though, but I was just confused, and quickly checked from system > data management just to make sure the uninstall process works, and it did. it's really convenient and fast uninstallation :)

have you thought about renaming the homebrew and adding icon? thanks again.

btw, will this work with the latest atmosphere?
Good point about not updating the storage size, I’ll fix that in a bit, thank you.

yeah should work find on latest ams (and fw) version. As far as I’m aware the only breaking changes are usb support, but of course my app doesn’t use usb. HID (controller input) api was changed, but I don’t know if that required using the new api for it to work on newer fw, though I have updated the app with the new api so it should work, let me know if it doesn’t.

as for the icon, I’ll add that in a bit as well.

what do you think about the name btw? There was a few options given above. Untitled was a placeholder name but it did have a little meaning in that you remove titles (un-title) :P

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found untitled on GitHub while looking for homebrew and what projects people are working on, very straight forward to use and quite OEM looking (compared to dbi).
One of the better projects Ive stumbled upon, it would be nice if we could batch dump installed titles too but I'm ok about slowly doing that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good point about not updating the storage size, I’ll fix that in a bit, thank you.

yeah should work find on latest ams (and fw) version. As far as I’m aware the only breaking changes are usb support, but of course my app doesn’t use usb. HID (controller input) api was changed, but I don’t know if that required using the new api for it to work on newer fw, though I have updated the app with the new api so it should work, let me know if it doesn’t.

as for the icon, I’ll add that in a bit as well.

what do you think about the name btw? There was a few options given above. Untitled was a placeholder name but it did have a little meaning in that you remove titles (un-title) :P
The name I thought looked like a placeholder. Apart from the selecting which leaves an out of place looking Square compared to the rest of the ui it's a nifty app and certainly needed and thanks for the project look forward to improvements.

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found untitled on GitHub while looking for homebrew and what projects people are working on, very straight forward to use and quite OEM looking (compared to dbi).
One of the better projects Ive stumbled upon, it would be nice if we could batch dump installed titles too but I'm ok about slowly doing that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The name I thought looked like a placeholder. Apart from the selecting which leaves an out of place looking Square compared to the rest of the ui it's a nifty app and certainly needed and thanks for the project look forward to improvements.
Yeah I’m awful at ui/ux design which is why I copy Nintendo where I can :lol:. I would happily change the red square to something else if anyone has a better idea.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I’m awful at ui/ux design which is why I copy Nintendo where I can :lol:. I would happily change the red square to something else if anyone has a better idea.

maybe a paper shredder
https://www.shareicon.net/paper-shredded-paper-recycle-collection-shredded-817689

or a trashbin
https://www.shareicon.net/trash-garbage-waste-bin-trash-bin-trash-can-garbage-can-698410

or a trashbin with recycle icon
https://www.shareicon.net/symbol-tr...recycle-tool-recycling-bin-recycle-bin-671473

or a recycle icon
https://www.shareicon.net/full-recycle-296618

(in red color ?)

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
honestly it's not bad at all, if you are trying to keep it simple it does the job, other than that my recommendation would be a circular tick box (similar to the one in settings > themes)
but even that isn't required, the app works brilliantly for my needs and it sped up me clearing 200gigs off my sd card

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
theres no icon for the app atm (or even a name!) so feel free to send a pr if anyone has any suggestions

I've just thrown these together, things can be changed if needed (background colours etc...) not after rep I just had some free time

massdelete.jpg massdelete02.jpg
massdelete03.jpg massdelete04.jpg

Last edited by SodaSoba, , Reason: typo

arabtm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thank you!..

My name suggestions are: «Batch Uninstaller», or «NX Titles Uninstaller», or «Game Deleter», and a sample icon:

Image that was used is royalty free, so I guess it's totally OK to use it under the MIT License.

@TotalJustice : I think any name that was suggested by @mathew77 would do just fine, just to convey the purpose of the program. Honestly, it's not a big fuss, since the program works so nicely :)
If you want to use the name simply untitled, maybe Un-Titled? hahaha...anyway it's up to you man.

I think the UI already looks nice. it's simple enough and fulfill the purpose. it is really helpful especially for people with large SD card.
if you're planning to improve the UI, might I suggest to also remove the text "Last played ??? or more ??? ago". because it doesn't provide any information. unless you can get the value of the time played?

and one other suggestion, if you're planning to make it similar to the switch software management, I guess you could also add the icon differentiation for system memory and sd card storage, for each game. I don't know if it's available in the UI library though. if it's a hassle, don't bother i guess :)

Nintendo-Switch-Save-Data-Shot-01-(1).jpg

I haven't updated to the latest atmosphere yet, but I'm just checking your app just to make sure it's ready.

@SodaSoba : as usual, cool icon design coming from you. thanks man :)

Last edited by arabtm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: One of the worst games I have ever played