PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
If you mean so that it will only copy files that are "newer" than their previous files, then use -d

Normally, you'd use -d:date to copy anything newer than a certain date, but just using -d will overwrite anything that has a newer version than the file where it is being copied to. Anything that is the same file will be skipped.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx for ur answer.
that didnt work.
since it asks everytime to overrite a file or not and seems that its logic is not working too.

i want oppsite of /y switch, to use it to suppress the asking and copy whatever is newer on my flash disk and copy things are not on disk.

p.s. hope u dont ever get lost in translation.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, I meant to use /d not -d. Sorry, dumb error that. I'm not sure what you're using it for, but here's what I made a batch file for.

When I insert my MicroSD card, the menu that windows gives has the top option of backing up my saves. What it does, it copies every *.sav file on the card to a directory on my computer. If the file already exists, it only overwrites it if the save on my card is newer than the backup on my computer. Otherwise, it skips it.

Here's what's in my batch file:

xcopy /S /I /Y /D \*.sav C:\NDS\R4\Saves\Joe

This might help for switches and such. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289483

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro