Hacking Basic Question

Hyouko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, sorry for this rather basic question, but I just bought a CycloDS Evo (it just seemed better than R4DS in terms of compatibility)....anyway, I want to play GBA games, so I should buy a 3-in-1 right? Okay, so how would I use the 3-in-1 with the CycloDs to play GBA games? Do I need to hook the 3-in-1 up to my PC, or do I put the games on the CycloDS?

Atoliana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The 3-in-1 can only have one game loaded at a time, so if you're planing on playing a lot of GBA games then you might want to consider buying a slot-2 solution. Sure you won't have any rumble, but if you get a supercard lite(not rumble) and use a patched opera it'll be the same, just a lil' more expensive.

For loading games from a CyclyDS to the 3-in-1 you need to use a homebrew tool called GBALdr from the ds. But before that you have to patch them with the EZ4 Client on your PC.

PS: Sorry about my english.

EDIT:Corrected some typos.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3-in-1 can only have one game loaded at a time, so if you're planing on playing a lot of GBA games then you might want to consider buying a slot-2 solution. Sure you won't have any rumble, but if you get a supercard lite(not rumble) and use a patched opera it'll be the same, just a lil' more expensive.

For loading games from a CyclyDS to the 3-in-1 you need to use a homebrew tool called NDStation from the ds. But before that you have to patch them with the EZ4 Client on your PC.

PS: Sorry about my english.

EDIT:Corrected some typos.

Another girl gamer?, and spanish speaker too? this place is really getting very international!.

Hyouko: Atoliana is right, you will do just fine with the 3-in-1 and the Cyclo, in fact thats my combination.
When in doubt, you can always read the 3-in-1 Wiki or the official 3-in-1 forum. A word of advice: GBATemp is a much better place to know about the 3-in-1.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, sorry for this rather basic question, but I just bought a CycloDS Evo (it just seemed better than R4DS in terms of compatibility)....anyway, I want to play GBA games, so I should buy a 3-in-1 right? Okay, so how would I use the 3-in-1 with the CycloDs to play GBA games? Do I need to hook the 3-in-1 up to my PC, or do I put the games on the CycloDS?
I have a 3-in-1 that I use with my M3 Simply, and I'm very happy with it. You just SRAM patch the games with GBATA (NOT the EZ4 Client! Expanation here), put them on the memory card, and use the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, NDStation, or GBALdr to manage the games and saves. I personally find the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool to be the most useful.

For loading games from a CyclyDS to the 3-in-1 you need to use a homebrew tool called GBALdr from the ds. But before that you have to patch them with the EZ4 Client on your PC.
Your information is quite out of date. The 3-in-1 has more or less the same GBA capabilities as the EZ-4 when you use Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool or NDStation to manage the games. The whole "only have one game loaded at a time" thing has not been accurate for a long time.

The only real drawback to the 3-in-1 for GBA games is that 32 megabyte games have to be flashed to NOR before you can play them. When you consider that there are at most a handful of games that big that are woth playing, that isn't a very big problem. Every other game can be loaded into RAM just like on the slot 2 M3, G6, EZ-Flash and Supercard carts.

Also, the Supercard is the worst possible choice for GBA games. It has the lowest GBA compatibility of any slot 2 cart, and many games have serious slowdown problems on the Supercard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E