Basic Question

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Hyouko, Nov 28, 2007.

Nov 28, 2007

Basic Question by Hyouko at 12:50 PM (816 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Hyouko
    OP

Newcomer Hyouko Newbie

United States
    So, sorry for this rather basic question, but I just bought a CycloDS Evo (it just seemed better than R4DS in terms of compatibility)....anyway, I want to play GBA games, so I should buy a 3-in-1 right? Okay, so how would I use the 3-in-1 with the CycloDs to play GBA games? Do I need to hook the 3-in-1 up to my PC, or do I put the games on the CycloDS?

2. Atoliana

Newcomer Atoliana Member

Chile
    The 3-in-1 can only have one game loaded at a time, so if you're planing on playing a lot of GBA games then you might want to consider buying a slot-2 solution. Sure you won't have any rumble, but if you get a supercard lite(not rumble) and use a patched opera it'll be the same, just a lil' more expensive.

For loading games from a CyclyDS to the 3-in-1 you need to use a homebrew tool called GBALdr from the ds. But before that you have to patch them with the EZ4 Client on your PC.

PS: Sorry about my english.

EDIT:Corrected some typos.

3. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Another girl gamer?, and spanish speaker too? this place is really getting very international!.

Hyouko: Atoliana is right, you will do just fine with the 3-in-1 and the Cyclo, in fact thats my combination.
    When in doubt, you can always read the 3-in-1 Wiki or the official 3-in-1 forum. A word of advice: GBATemp is a much better place to know about the 3-in-1.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Your information is quite out of date. The 3-in-1 has more or less the same GBA capabilities as the EZ-4 when you use Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool or NDStation to manage the games. The whole "only have one game loaded at a time" thing has not been accurate for a long time.

The only real drawback to the 3-in-1 for GBA games is that 32 megabyte games have to be flashed to NOR before you can play them. When you consider that there are at most a handful of games that big that are woth playing, that isn't a very big problem. Every other game can be loaded into RAM just like on the slot 2 M3, G6, EZ-Flash and Supercard carts.

Also, the Supercard is the worst possible choice for GBA games. It has the lowest GBA compatibility of any slot 2 cart, and many games have serious slowdown problems on the Supercard.