Hacking base game and update with different application type

piducogt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I downloaded CUSA08966 DAYS GONE (base game and update 1.51). When a try install update 1.51 i get error CE-36434-0 at the final.

I did some searches and found that with a program called Duxas repack I could solve this error but Duxas not work. Investigating more and using orbis-pub-chk I discovered that the base game and the update are made with different applications.

Base game Application Type: Freemium App
Update 1.51 Application Type: Paid Standalone Full App

¿There is currently some way to match two pkg with different applicaton type?

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm pretty surprised about the package type part but anyway error CE-36434-0 generally means you're trying to install an update that wasn't prepared for base game you installed. I'm not talking about Game ID of course it must match. I suppose your PS4 is running 6.72 firmware or backporting update to 5.05 would have already solved issue.

I already fixed two updates that way, so you could give a try:

You'll have to extract update PKG and to repack it, I used the manual way, you'll need:
- Fake PKG Generator v3.38
- GenGP4 v1.8

Sorry I deleted link to Fake PKG Generator v3.38 cause I'm not sure if its allowed on GBATemp. You should easily find it using Google.

First you need to extract update PKG using orbis-pub-chk from Fake PKG Generator:
- Click "Add Image..." and select update PKG
- Click on "Extract files..."
- Provide PKG passcode (it must be filled with 0) and click "Extract"
- In "Output Directory", select folder where files will be extracted (it must be named "CUSAXXXXX-patch", replace X by Game ID of course)
- Tick "Selected all files and directories" then click "Start"
- Wait until all files are extracted from PKG.

Some modifications are needed on obtained folder:
- Move all content from "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Sc0/"folder to "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/sce_sys/" folder
- Delete "Sc0" folder
- Move "playgo-chunk.dat" file from "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/sce_sys/app/" folder to "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/sce_sys/" folder and overwrite existing file
- Delete "app" folder
- Move all content from "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/" folder to "CUSAXXXXX-patch/" folder
- Delete "Image0" folder

Next you'll need to generate GP4 file... using GenGP4 of course:
- Indicate "CUSAXXXXX-patch" folder previously created
- Click "Generate .GP4" and wait until you'll see "Done" on log window
- Click "Save .GP4" and select where you want to save it

Finally, you'll need to generate a new PKG using orbis-pub-gen from Fake PKG Generator:
- Click "File" then "Open" and select created GP4 file
- Click "Command" then "Project Settings"
- On "Package" tab, check that passcode is filled with 0
- On "Patch" tab, under "Application Package" indicate PKG file for base game then click "OK"
- Back to orbis-pub-gen interface, click "Build" on upper right
- At the bottom of window that appears, select a destination for generated PKG
- Click "Build" and wait until PKG creation completed

You should now be able to install this update patch over base game you have.

Last edited by Kleyon,

piducogt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm pretty surprised about the package type part but anyway error CE-36434-0 generally means you're trying to install an update that wasn't prepared for base game you installed. I'm not talking about Game ID of course it must match. I suppose your PS4 is running 6.72 firmware or backporting update to 5.05 would have already solved issue.

I already fixed two updates that way, so you could give a try:

You'll have to extract update PKG and to repack it, I used the manual way, you'll need:
- Fake PKG Generator v3.38
- GenGP4 v1.8

Sorry I deleted link to Fake PKG Generator v3.38 cause I'm not sure if its allowed on GBATemp. You should easily find it using Google.

First you need to extract update PKG using orbis-pub-chk from Fake PKG Generator:
- Click "Add Image..." and select update PKG
- Click on "Extract files..."
- Provide PKG passcode (it must be filled with 0) and click "Extract"
- In "Output Directory", select folder where files will be extracted (it must be named "CUSAXXXXX-patch", replace X by Game ID of course)
- Tick "Selected all files and directories" then click "Start"
- Wait until all files are extracted from PKG.

Some modifications are needed on obtained folder:
- Move all content from "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Sc0/"folder to "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/sce_sys/" folder
- Delete "Sc0" folder
- Move "playgo-chunk.dat" file from "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/sce_sys/app/" folder to "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/sce_sys/" folder and overwrite existing file
- Delete "app" folder
- Move all content from "CUSAXXXXX-patch/Image0/" folder to "CUSAXXXXX-patch/" folder
- Delete "Image0" folder

Next you'll need to generate GP4 file... using GenGP4 of course:
- Indicate "CUSAXXXXX-patch" folder previously created
- Click "Generate .GP4" and wait until you'll see "Done" on log window
- Click "Save .GP4" and select where you want to save it

Finally, you'll need to generate a new PKG using orbis-pub-gen from Fake PKG Generator:
- Click "File" then "Open" and select created GP4 file
- Click "Command" then "Project Settings"
- On "Package" tab, check that passcode is filled with 0
- On "Patch" tab, under "Application Package" indicate PKG file for base game then click "OK"
- Back to orbis-pub-gen interface, click "Build" on upper right
- At the bottom of window that appears, select a destination for generated PKG
- Click "Build" and wait until PKG creation completed

You should now be able to install this update patch over base game you have.
I'm currently on 6.72, before read your coment i tried with a guide called "Updating a Fake Pkg Game with a Mismatched Title ID/Region Patch", process similar to the ones you gave me, but fail at the final because application type is different

I will try your method

EDIT: i'm using Fake PKG Tools v1.5.1

Last edited by piducogt,

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it doesn't works, I suppose you'll have no other choice than to repack base game PKG, making it a
Paid Standalone Full App.

piducogt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If it doesn't works, I suppose you'll have no other choice than to repack base game PKG, making it a
Paid Standalone Full App.
that's what i'm looking for, convert base game from Freemium App to Paid Standalone Full App.

Can I do this? Or should I find the base game with Paid Standalone Full App (a difficult task considering that I cannot verify this before downloading the pkg)

EDIT: @Kleyon with your steps i get the same error when clic on "Build" (orbis-pub-gen):

param.sfo: Param Application Type: It must be Freemium App (=app pkg's value).

Last edited by piducogt,

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Follow steps I described but for base game PKG this time, once folder has been prepared (named CUSA08966-app) edit param.sfo (located on sce_sys folder) using orbis-pub-sfo from Fake PKG Generator and change package type.

Or change (the same way) param.sfo for update making it a Freemium package. But it should be Full Paid Application.

Last edited by Kleyon,

piducogt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Follow steps I described but for base game PKG this time, once folder has been prepared (named CUSA08966-app) edit param.sfo (located on sce_sys folder) using orbis-pub-sfo from Fake PKG Generator and change package type.

Or change (the same way) param.sfo for update making it a Freemium package. But it should be Full Paid Application.

I already located variable APP_TYPE, this have a value 1 and len 4, ¿what value is Full Paid Application?

EDIT:

I was looking at the wiki for the param.sfo and it says that the value 1 is Paid Standalone Full App. It is strange because currently the base game is Freemium App

Last edited by piducogt,

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In fact, my bad, package type can be managed directly from orbis-pub-gen, on "Command", "Project Settings" then "Package" tab, look at "Application Type":

Edit : Anyway for your information, in param.sfo for base game it should be "(PS4) Game Application" and for an update it should be "(PS4) Game Application Patch".

Last edited by Kleyon,

piducogt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
In fact, my bad, package type can be managed directly from orbis-pub-gen, on "Command", "Project Settings" then "Package" tab, look at "Application Type":

Edit : Anyway for your information, in param.sfo for base game it should be "(PS4) Game Application" and for an update it should be "(PS4) Game Application Patch".

Well, finally i convert base game to Paid Standalone Full App. After that, i tried update 1.51 but give the same error. This time i used Duxas repack and it works because now base game and update have the same application type.

On my ps4, i install base game and update and, works, BUT.... (fyi the game is Days Gone) in loading screen ps4 give error CE-34878-0, it's a curse with this game

Reactions: Alvaribio

Alvaribio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, finally i convert base game to Paid Standalone Full App. After that, i tried update 1.51 but give the same error. This time i used Duxas repack and it works because now base game and update have the same application type.

That was the solution for me.

Gracias compañero.

Sioslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I need help while creating a fpkg update from USA to EUR of dying light 2 i got an error in orbis pub gen the error is
Number of Chunks was changed by the patch/remaster. (33 -> 28) But it is not acceptable.
How do i fix it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help while creating a fpkg update from USA to EUR of dying light 2 i got an error in orbis pub gen the error is
Number of Chunks was changed by the patch/remaster. (33 -> 28) But it is not acceptable.
How do i fix it?
Is this a remaster? If so, you'll need to disable remastered, because we still haven't figured these out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu