Hacking Ban fow using SX-OS

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
From the FAQ:
Q: Is it possible to install Game Updates (and does it requires to be on the latest firmware)?
A:
Yes, you can install game and system updates. The game updates can be applied following Nintendo's usual rules, which sometimes requires you to be on the latest or a higher firmware than your console's current firmware.

I don't like the fact that the team responsible for SX OS clearly has no clue regarding the matter. People obviously get banned by doing this and some don't. They don't even mention "at your own risk", they do however regarding online play (which is more common sense).

People get banned while taking all precautions, mainly updating through OFW, never touching devmenu/layeredFS/installing .NSP's and only updating games which aren't trimmed.
Some argue that Nintendon't check the certificate/header for games when updating.. if that were true, people shouldn't get banned just by updating.

It’s hardly their fault if people get banned. Nobody knows exactly what Ninty logs, so they can’t guarantee people safety. You hack and get banned, it’s your fault

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It’s hardly their fault if people get banned. Nobody knows exactly what Ninty logs, so they can’t guarantee people safety. You hack and get banned, it’s your fault

I'm not saying it's their fault, I just don't like their FAQ. It's obviously possible to update the games via "Nintendo's usual rules", but they don't put a disclaimer on it. People tend to trust a products official FAQ.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying it's their fault, I just don't like their FAQ. It's obviously possible to update the games via "Nintendo's usual rules", but they don't put a disclaimer on it. People tend to trust a products official FAQ.
The way I see it, these days there is so much information available online that if someone buys a product without doing some research first then those sorts of consequences are on them. It really only takes a few minutes to look up reviews etc on pretty much any product.

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can access the eShop from a computer by logging in with your Nintendo Account, then only your console is banned. If you can't, then both are banned (its possible that only your account was banned but those are pretty slim chances).
how do we avoid getting banned with SX OS?

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont ever get online,simple like that.
So from my limited knowledge about SX OS, you can do tethered mode which is safer because once u exit tethered mode, your switch will be un-hacked and normal to go online right? But the non tethered mode which installs something on the switch is more dangerous because it will always be in hacked mode? or is there a way to un-do the SX OS when you want to leave airplane mode?

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from my limited knowledge about SX OS, you can do tethered mode which is safer because once u exit tethered mode, your switch will be un-hacked and normal to go online right? But the non tethered mode which installs something on the switch is more dangerous because it will always be in hacked mode? or is there a way to un-do the SX OS when you want to leave airplane mode?
nand restore b4 get online,whats the point to risk and get banned? get a second switch to go legit.

Reactions: TotalJustice

Awstoned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is where it gets complicated. Firstly, you cannot use that account on another Switch without un-linking it. But you cannot un-link a Nintendo Account from a banned console. Not unless you call Nintendo to un-link it for you. You might think they would say no, but there could be some reasoning for them to un-link it. The biggest is that a banned console with an unbanned account is as good as an unbanned account alone. So they might expect you then to go buy a new Switch if they do un-link it. At that point, unless you perform more hacks on the new Switch, there should be no reason for them to ban the new Switch.

I just wanna confirm this

there is no way to unlink your account without calling Nintendo

On the plus side is they have to do it so it’s no biggie

Reactions: Draxzelex

Awstoned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn’t true. Played docked and airplane mode is still active
Yes it very much is true have you even tried what he’s talking about

Put your console in airplane mode then connect it to the dock

100% you will still access the internet but the airplane icon will still show

Wanna know how I know this is true

Cause I can replicate it.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sill not banned going online using only XCI, i've never installed an NSP and use airplane mode when running homebrew im approaching month 3 with no ban.

Reactions: wombat2290

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sill not banned going online using only XCI, i've never installed an NSP and use airplane mode when running homebrew im approaching month 3 with no ban.

I still haven't gotten banned. I buy online games and get offline backup games like Mario Odyssey. Whenever I use Xeucuter I delete my internet and then reboot to xecuter. If i want to go back to playing Splatoon 2 I

turn off my console. Remove Xecuter, remove SD Card and reboot again.

just don't go online ever with Xecuter.

Last edited by RareKirby,
Reactions: wombat2290

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still haven't gotten banned. I buy online games and get offline backup games like Mario Odyssey. Whenever I use Xeucuter I delete my internet and then reboot to xecuter. If i want to go back to playing Splatoon 2 I

turn off my console. Remove Xecuter, remove SD Card and reboot again.

just don't go online ever with Xecuter.
Isn't that a bit excessive, if I want to play 5 min with Splatoon I don't want to spend 1 hour doing all of that first :rofl2:

Btw almost a month here, all backups stuff in SX airplane mode, while Paladins, Fortnite, eshop and updating games all in original fw. Still alive, a couple of times I even forgot to put airplane mode and I booted on SX online by mistake. I admit I haven't played a proper xci game online yet tho, I have already Splatoon 2 patched with my Zelda cert, one of these days I'll play it.
All these people screaming ban is 100% sure but we have here people online almost 3 months like Xenon Hacks and still not banned lol.
So please guys be honest and admit you must fucked up something and got banned for it.

chrisisx

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
coming to switch in the future: airplane mode removed :creep:
There still another option which is manual connection for your wifi profile, i have this enable and my wifi will only connect if i connect it manually from settings. So if they remove airplane mode then you can use this instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...