bah..i dunno what to ask for

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sailor, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Sailor
    OP

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    Yep, my birthday is coming up, Feb. 10. I'm turning 16, so I can finally drive [woohoo!], and also able to get a job in the summer, but more importantly I can has prezents? I dunno really what to ask for this year, I have a max limit of $120..

Uhm, I have a Wii..GH3, SMG, Strikers Charged, RE4..and yea, that's basically it. Oh, and I have a DS but I don't need any games for that [​IMG]
    But really, I've been thinking of getting an Mp3 player, since I haven't had one all my life, and maybe I wanna listen to some music. Dunno really though, I have like 400 songs, so I'm thinking about this one: ' http://www.buy.com/prod/creative-zen-8gb-b.../205503771.html ' Either that $130 8gb, or a 4gb for $100..don't know anything about that, since I'm planning to hold ~400 songs, but I have no idea how many how many episodes of TV I can fit into the 4gb after that :\ But I also DO have a 2gb SD card..so maybe 4gb could work :0
    I THINK it's a good mp3 player, no horrible reviews..good brand, cheap, big screen, but non-replacable battery :'[ Ah well..

Anyway, the other thing I've been thinking about is maybe a couple more Wii Games? Like maybe, Twilight Princess [i know, i'm a horrible gamer for never buying this], or maybe MoH:2..but really, it's all undecided. Any suggestions? [​IMG]

2. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    I recommend GameCube games!
    Just get Beyond Good & Evil and enjoy your life.
    there are plenty great GC games that you can play with ur Wii.

EDIT:
    MOH:HEROES2 is good, but kinda hard in some parts, kinda on my nerves but its progressed very good from Vanguard.

3. Sailor
    OP

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    Oh..yea, I owned a GameCube [​IMG]
    Sorry, forgot to mention that. I played most games, including Beyond Good & Evil..good times [​IMG]

And I see, how's the online aspect? That's what I really want it for anyway...something to tide me over until BRAWL [which was supposed to be released on my bday] comes out >:[

4. yus786

yus786 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2006
    Bradford
    if you want an mp3 player get an iriver clix 2 8gb or 4gb

the best mp3 player on the market by a mile m8

check out the reviews for it on google

yus786

5. thomaspajamas

thomaspajamas GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2006
    United States
  6. Sailor
    OP

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    Kk, checking...now [​IMG]

Edit: If I was to get an Mp3 player, I'm thinking the Creative Zen would be my top choice. The iriver doesn't look bad, but it's really pricy at $180. The Creative is on sale now until February 3rd for like $100...so probably I'd get that. Plus it looks a bit nicer/sleeker.

Oh, and does anyone know how long a TV episode of anime would take up on an Mp3 player? Dunno whether 4gb or 8gb is better/needed.

7. shravz619

shravz619 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2007
    i myself would buy the MP3 player because i i cant live without my music on the go but thats just me... its really up 2 you try rounding it down then flip a coin or sumthing if u really are that unsure ._.

8. test84

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    have u seen SouthPark? if not, you know what to do.
    Also Simpsons.

If you havent tried Anime, check BLEACH and/or Death Note.

9. Sailor
    OP

Sailor GBAtemp Fan

Oct 11, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    Well, I recently got into rock music...and have been giving Radiohead a whole lot of love, so maybe it's time that I do get an Mp3 player. I do get bored on those bus rides to school >_>"

10. nloding

nloding GBAtemp Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    United States
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    The Sandisk Sanyo line is very reliable and relatively cheap. I couldn't give you model numbers, but I can vouch for the video one that's like 4gb or 6gb or something. I have a 2gb Sanyo M250 and it's fantastic -- just doesn't have a fancy-shmancy LCD screen.

My sis has the video/MP3 version and loves it. It's been dropped in the snow and is still good to go.

Edit: Click here for the Best Buy link the video model I was talking about.

A half-hour anime episode should only be 350MB or less. How much shit you want on there? The best part of this player is it has a microSD slot to expand the memory.

11. test84

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    oh my god, Radiohead? ... at that age? dont do it unless you want a 100% guaranteed depression.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice