Hacking bad wad

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be careful where you get the WADs at. I know for sure that LoZ_OOT_v1.0.wad is a bad WAD, so if you stumble upon that with the same filename on a torrent site of any kind stay clear of it.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What? There are .wad files that can brick your Wii?
How can this be fixed if it's bricked?

I've got some WiiWare games saying the System files are corrupt, what can I do about that?

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
Luriden is right about that wad, it was a bad inject into the wad, it bricked about 5 wiis over at wiiso, the user promised to unbrick with savemii when he received it through the post.

should be a utility that finalises weather the wad will be ok. shame there isnt.

Wiiso is actually where I got the info from, I just wasn't sure if we were allowed to mention any sites in particular that might contain warez.
tongue.gif

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What moron produced and distrubuted such a dangerous utility ? wasn't that 'waninkoko' guy everyone hates was it ?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
Waninkoko isn't hated, who thinks that??
I mean come on he's a legend along with Bushing, Marcan, Emu kidd etc the list of programmer hackers goes on, you cannot hate people like this, this is where we get the things we want from, i mean lets face it most of us can program for sh*te.

And if you mean utility (for the wad) which bricked wiis, well thats your choice for installing it, you need to make sure your getting from trusted sites or members!
And it certainly was not Waninkoko lol, he ain't as daft as that hehe RESPECT

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rasputin said:
What moron produced and distrubuted such a dangerous utility ? wasn't that 'waninkoko' guy everyone hates was it ?

Wanikoko is the guy who started off the ISO Boot Loader stuff.
He was working on it , released a beta to a few testers and one of them released it.

He isnt hated , he is the man who got the ball rolling on the ISO loaders and he is still contributing to the scene.

Please dont put his or anyones name down if you dont know the story - and none of his utilities have bricked any wii that im aware of , though he does put a standard warning on most things.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With starfall, if you install the "Start rescue-menu when Y is held on the 1st gc controller" and "remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check" hacks, the wii will boot into any regular wii game when the Y button on the 1st gc controller is held on start up, including twilight princess, so if you banner brick you wii, had the hacks installed with starfall, and have the twilight hack already on your wii, you can recover from it.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
uninstall it and try a different one of it, ive never came across that message, only channel cannot be used, you usually get system files are corrupt when you have 3.3 and you inserted a trucha signed disc without been in the gecko channel. or you deleted mplayerdvd through data management, you would get that.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so basically, the rule that we cannot give links to roms also endangers users because they cannot Ask if a specific site has any dangerous files - that rule fucks me up coz thats 1 of the reasons i twilighted my wii - and now i'm gonna have to risk my wii? screw you admids!!*

* no offense

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad about 'waninkoko' ,I've read round a bit more and realise I have been duped into thinking he was the bad guy. I was getting the wrong impression from reading someone called 'marcan' posts who seems to be well repected but doesn't like 'waninkoko' for some reason and accuses him of bricking wii's, so naturally i thought this must of been 'waninkokos' work.

@'Waninkoko' sincerest apologies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show