Hacking Question Bad Switch v2 Flex Cable?

Yaemish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the v2 flex cable today and I get the red light. Using a meter I checked each of the 4 solder points to ground. All 4 showed continuity. However, none of the contacts at the end of the flex cable show signal to any other point, nor one another.

I used the meter on the uninstalled V1 flex cable and and see that all of those pads show continuity to a number of points. I assume that the V1 and V2 cables should test the same, but I'm not sure.

Does it sound like my v2 flex cable is bad? If so, I don't suppose that there is any way to get a replacement. I would buy one off of someone that had installed the V1 and has the V2 sitting unused. Thanks!

n0xius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed the v2 flex cable today and I get the red light. Using a meter I checked each of the 4 solder points to ground. All 4 showed continuity. However, none of the contacts at the end of the flex cable show signal to any other point, nor one another.

I used the meter on the uninstalled V1 flex cable and and see that all of those pads show continuity to a number of points. I assume that the V1 and V2 cables should test the same, but I'm not sure.

Does it sound like my v2 flex cable is bad? If so, I don't suppose that there is any way to get a replacement. I would buy one off of someone that had installed the V1 and has the V2 sitting unused. Thanks!
which switch variant do you own? model number for erista(v1) is HAC-001 and for mariko(v2) is HAC-001(-01)

Yaemish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got to get my post count up to 5 in order to post images.

I don't think my problem is with the chip or soldering though. The ribbon ends don't show any continuity to the 4 solder points on the capicators. Each of those points does show continuity to ground.

Yaemish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a post to get it up. Sorry mods.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NazBJzd.jpg

Yaemish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll hopefully have some time in the morning. Thanks for the help.

What about the meter though? Shouldn't I be getting continuity to some of the pins at the end of the cable?

n0xius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, I'll hopefully have some time in the morning. Thanks for the help.

What about the meter though? Shouldn't I be getting continuity to some of the pins at the end of the cable?
they should show nothing since the pins are connected to the components on the flex ribbon and not directly to the solder points

Yaemish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice catch on the right side of sp1. I just reflowed it, no change. Each of the capicators measure 17.3 ohms at the solder points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since