Hacking Bad NOR ID EZ-FLASH Omega

nuzzleaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got 2 EZ-FLASH Omega editions for me and my boyfriend, I tried setting his up first but I didn't format the SD card. The screen kept saying no_loader_found and wouldn't boot up. I tried another tutorial and formatted the SD card but didn't try to update the kernel, but it did boot up and I could play games on it. However after a while it went back to the same blue safe screen with the same no loader found message. I tried formating the SD card again and it booted back up, but none of his games were saving. So I tried extracting the ezkernel.bin to his sd card and updating the kernel by holding R on start up, and I just got this screen that said the update failed because of "Bad NOR ID". I got confused and tried doing the same process for my EZ-FLASH, I formatted the SD card, and extracted the ezkernel.bin update, and it worked perfectly without any issues. I thought maybe his SD card was corrupted from formatting it twice, so i got a new one and did the same exact process as i did for mine, and still got the same bad NOR ID screen. I was just wondering if theres anything i can do or if I need a new EZ-FLASH OMEGA. Thank you!

Reactions: Sterophonick

Mig380

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just opened my cartridge with this failure. Cleaned with Alcohol in the chips and it worked.
Flash the SD with this and the program Win32 Disk Manager:

Power on the console with the sd card in the cartridge, press in update, and then power off the console.
Then, Download the kernel of the EzFlash, and leave in the root the file "ezkernel.bin" of the sd card.
Connect the SD in the cartridge and power on the console with the R button Pressed on.
It will be updating the kernel with the file in the root of the sd card.
At least that worked for me. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol