03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably why Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon are being ported over. Same will follow with other Wii U games. I mean the Wii U library was pretty small, like only 50 games or so. Hardly any 3rd party support. I have about 25-30 Wii U games, 5 of which are digital. So these are the games that will need to be ported over.

New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker
Mario Kart 8 (somewhat confirmed)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Pokken Tournament
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Woolly World
Splatoon (Somewhat confirmed)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Then it's DOA if there's no BC. I mean we have NNIDs for god sakes! Didn't the late Iwata say that the next console would carry over eShop purchases and would run them on the new console?

I mean this is 2016, not 1996 where BC wasn't possible with the N64. GBC wasn't BC with GB games since they were still Game Boy games, but without color. GBA was the first of any of the Nintendo's consoles to be BC.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then it's DOA if there's no BC. I mean we have NNIDs for god sakes! Didn't the late Iwata say that the next console would carry over eShop purchases and would run them on the new console?

I mean this is 2016, not 1996 where BC wasn't possible with the N64. GBC wasn't BC with GB games since they were still Game Boy games, but without color. GBA was the first of any of the Nintendo's consoles to be BC.
gbc was bc with gb there was game exclusive for gbc not available for gb

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, this is how BC was:

90s: Nothing is physically BC
2000s: Nothing digitally is BC, but physical BC came wit
gbc was bc with gb there was game exclusive for gbc not available for gb
Right but GBC games were still GB games, but with enhanced color.

Like I said, this is how BC was:

90s: Nothing is physically BC. Youd had to keep your NES and SNES consoles.
2000s: Nothing digitally is BC, but physical BC came with the GBA, DS, and Wii
2010s: Everything is moving to digital so physical BC is almost a thing of the past

The Virtual Console invented BC with older games. Eventhough everyone was using NES, SNES, and Game Boy emulators on PCs since the late 90s. Even N64 was possible, but it was pretty bad, compared to now.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not exactly, gb games didnt had color. when played on gbc, there only was a layer of color added to the game. i think the only game compatible gb but that had gbc color was pokemon gold/silver. other games had only a single layer of color
gbc had many layer shown at the same time

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not exactly, gb games didnt had color. when played on gbc, there only was a layer of color added to the game. i think the only game compatible gb but that had gbc color was pokemon yellow. other games had only a single layer of color
gbc had many layer shown at the same time
Right, GB games played on GBC had limited color but some GBC games only played in enchanced color on GBC systems. Some GBC games could still be played on GB, but without color or limited color. We would eventually have clear cartridges like Pokemon Crystal and the Zelda Oracle games that would not work with older GB handhelds, prior to GBC. Only these GBC games could be played on older GB models.

Pokemon Yellow (3DS VC version is actually a GBC game)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Wario Land II
Game & Watch Gallery 2

and all of those are on the 3DS VC.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right, GB games played on GBC had limited color but some GBC games only played in enchanced color on GBC systems. Some GBC games could still be played on GB, but without color or limited color. We would eventually have clear cartridges like Pokemon Crystal and the Zelda Oracle games that would not work with older GB handhelds, prior to GBC.
how could gbc have enhanced color compared to gb. gb simply didnt support color

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how could gbc have enhanced color compared to gb. gb simply didnt support color
It showed limited color with games like Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Wario Land, and Metroid II. The Super Game Boy played some games in full color like Donkey Kong '94, almost as if they were re-released on GBC like WL2, G&WG2, and LOZ:LADX.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It showed limited color with games like Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Wario Land, and Metroid II. The Super Game Boy played some games in full color like Donkey Kong '94.
super game boy supported color because the snes did, not because gb did (which it didnt)

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what i mean, tv were of a better quaility than gbc, but the sgb and gbc gave the same native images

If you put a GB cartridge in a GBC, you could change the color pallatte by holding down A or B with the control pad (left, right, up, or down) on the GB logo screen. That allowed up to 8 different color schemes.

Ah, I remember playing SGB, back in the late 90s and early 2000s! I could even play Pokemon Gold and Silver, but not Crystal.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR (based only on the title)
Backwards compatibility is not a must, also VC is not a must.
Both are a hindrance.
Fuck, develop and release NEW games, stop milking deceased cows it is shameless!
What is this, 1996? At least it made sense back then. SNES and N64 weren't even powerful enough, even for hardware BC with their previous games, NES and SNES.

You do know that we have more technology then we did 20 years ago, right?

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm