Backuping my madworld, having some trouble.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Satan2k, Jun 3, 2009.

Jun 3, 2009
  1. Satan2k
    OP

Newcomer Satan2k Advanced Member

Belgium
    Hello everyone,

First i will precise that i do own the original game, i just use backups in order to keep my originals clean, without a scratch.

I have an uncommon problem with the game. I don't really know how to fix it. I'll explain :

On the first attempt after dumped the game as usual (i backed up 3 wii games of mines), put the game into the wii, tried the backup loader, it launchs the game then stops with a message "could not read the disc, please refer on the wii manual".

So, after some research i found out it could be caused by the 002 error. So, i patched the image with wiiscrubber & generic wii patcher. After a second burn (and a second wasted dvd) on very slow speed (2x) the same error occur. Its allitle weird :

1) The loader recognize the titleId
    2) The font of the error message is definitly the font used ingame
    3) I tried different loaders and got the same result

So, does anyone have an idea? Meanwhile, i'll keep playing the originial.

Thanks,

P.S. : I use cIOS 38 rev 12, it worked good so far, and i need the USB device. (not as WBFS, just as FAT32 for mplayer & stuff, i dont need the USB loader for the few games i have [​IMG] )

2. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Play around with the burn speeds and media. Thats what I had to do

3. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Some games only run when burned at 1x or 2x. As most forums recomedn try downloading Imgburn (freebie) and burn at 1x. Good luck, its an awesome game.

4. psyck0

Newcomer psyck0 Member

United States
    Backing up, please. Grammar is going to shit...

5. Satan2k
    OP

Belgium
    Please don't be rude, i dont speak english nativly. I don't ask you to use my language to write >_<

Not constructive post, GTFO

Thanks to the others, i changed my dvd brand and lowed up the burn speed to 1x. It's now working perfectly (or close to perfection, still have some little glitch about the music, but i don't bother, i still have the original =) )

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    1x? I did not know that's even selectable on current burners. Try half max speed with good media, i don't think you should be getting shuttering sounds with this game.

7. gamerjr

Member gamerjr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok... dont worry about burn speed, its more about the media. Verbatim is good [​IMG]

8. Bumcats

Newcomer Bumcats Member

United States
    If you own the original game, couldn't you just rip it using the Wii and never touch it again?

9. Satan2k
    OP

Belgium
    I do own a USB device but i dont want to convert it to WBFS (which is only compatible on the wii... GJ >_< ... ). And for the few games i have to backup (i stay on the bright side of the force) i do really not need to waste my money on another USB drive.

I'm not a moral fag, I just do not play crappy games (and gosh, there are lots of it on wii T_T) and i pay the games who deserves it =) (Also, I like to have the original boxes with manual & stuff)

I plan to be a programmer in the video gaming sector, so if i do not respect myself other's pple work, it's going nowhere. I don't care for the others, it's just my own choice.

That's my conclusion, it's not needed to start a flamewars. Question answered, thanks everyone, mods may close this topic [​IMG]