Hacking Backuping my madworld, having some trouble.

Satan2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone,

First i will precise that i do own the original game, i just use backups in order to keep my originals clean, without a scratch.

I have an uncommon problem with the game. I don't really know how to fix it. I'll explain :

On the first attempt after dumped the game as usual (i backed up 3 wii games of mines), put the game into the wii, tried the backup loader, it launchs the game then stops with a message "could not read the disc, please refer on the wii manual".

So, after some research i found out it could be caused by the 002 error. So, i patched the image with wiiscrubber & generic wii patcher. After a second burn (and a second wasted dvd) on very slow speed (2x) the same error occur. Its allitle weird :

1) The loader recognize the titleId
2) The font of the error message is definitly the font used ingame
3) I tried different loaders and got the same result

So, does anyone have an idea? Meanwhile, i'll keep playing the originial.

Thanks,

P.S. : I use cIOS 38 rev 12, it worked good so far, and i need the USB device. (not as WBFS, just as FAT32 for mplayer & stuff, i dont need the USB loader for the few games i have
smile.gif
)

Satan2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Please don't be rude, i dont speak english nativly. I don't ask you to use my language to write >_<

Not constructive post, GTFO

Thanks to the others, i changed my dvd brand and lowed up the burn speed to 1x. It's now working perfectly (or close to perfection, still have some little glitch about the music, but i don't bother, i still have the original =) )

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Satan2k said:
Please don't be rude, i'm not nativly english. I don't ask you to talk in my language >_<

Not constructive post, GTFO

Thanks to the others, i changed my dvd brand and lowed up the burn speed to 1x. It's now working perfectly (or close to perfection, still have some little glitch with the music, but i don't bother, i still have the original =) )

1x? I did not know that's even selectable on current burners. Try half max speed with good media, i don't think you should be getting shuttering sounds with this game.

Bumcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satan2k said:
First i will precise that i do own the original game, i just use backups in order to keep my originals clean, without a scratch.
If you own the original game, couldn't you just rip it using the Wii and never touch it again?

Satan2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I do own a USB device but i dont want to convert it to WBFS (which is only compatible on the wii... GJ >_< ... ). And for the few games i have to backup (i stay on the bright side of the force) i do really not need to waste my money on another USB drive.

I'm not a moral fag, I just do not play crappy games (and gosh, there are lots of it on wii T_T) and i pay the games who deserves it =) (Also, I like to have the original boxes with manual & stuff)

I plan to be a programmer in the video gaming sector, so if i do not respect myself other's pple work, it's going nowhere. I don't care for the others, it's just my own choice.

That's my conclusion, it's not needed to start a flamewars. Question answered, thanks everyone, mods may close this topic
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k