Gaming Backup Nintendo 3DS data for transfer to 3DS XL?

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Call me crazy, but I'm getting a Nintendo 3DS XL when it comes out. I always thought the screen on the 3DS was too small for the types of games that they're making for it. It's playable, it'd just be nice if it were bigger at times, like the Vita's. The XL looks like it'll take care of that issue!

The issue is with transfering data. I know that you can choose System Transfer in settings, but I hope to get rid of my 3DS by then because I need the money now and there aren't any games I'll want to play until New Super Mario Bros. 2. So is there a way I can just backup all my settings to the SD card and hold onto that, or is that not possible? I have the ambassador pass as well, and I'd like to hold onto that if I can :).

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure about this... I assume when you use System Transfer in the System Settings it either transfers your games/licenses from a DSi to your new 3DS or from one 3DS to another. I can't be sure since i never used it at all. I don't think you have to back up any data though...since all the data(except for apps that came packed in) is stored on the SD card anyway. Not sure about the ambassador license either. I don't have one of these either. :glare: My guess is if you do use System Transfer everything will be transfer to the 3DS XL just fine.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you have to have both your 3ds's at 1 time to transfer.

We get that, we just don't know what will transfer from one 3DS to another. He has an ambassador 3DS so he wants to know if System Transfer will transfer that from his old 3DS to his new one when he gets it, alsong with all the game saves. I just hope he hasn't sold his old 3DS yet.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I'm certain people have successfully transferred their ambassador games to another 3DS. I definitely have read that all your street pass and Mii data will transfer over fine. Likewise I'm gonna get an XL too especially since a friend is going to buy mine after I transfer all my stuff. The size and overall durability seems to pale in comparison to the XL. Also read the 3D is more immersive due to bigger screens and it is easier to maintain sweet spot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox