digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cios fix included with that is for the .1 version of wiigator. look for the .3 read-retry/entryholder version in djtaz's sig and install that one

finkel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have had that issue - and i think it was due to my burn.
Basically, at first i was copying the iso file onto the drive to burn it - instead of burning an "image" of the iso onto the dvd.

I have mac OSX - i use disk utility to burn the image.. since then all my tries have worked. hope that helps you as well.

batmanfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried the .3 read-retry/entryholder version in djtaz's sig and the problem is still there.

And Finkel98, as I said, my backup is good.

Could it be possible that some Wii can't use the backup loader ? (chipset, dvd-drive...)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
batmanfr said:
I tried the .3 read-retry/entryholder version in djtaz's sig and the problem is still there.

And Finkel98, as I said, my backup is good.

Could it be possible that some Wii can't use the backup loader ? (chipset, dvd-drive...)

start from scratch, try the link in my sig, if you still get problems, rejoin us and let us know.

there error you are getting almost has to come from one of two things:
-launcher pointing at the wrong cIOS
-launcher pointing at a cIOS that isn't there

there just isn't that much else to mess up, especially if you know you did the DVDx install correctly for the old loader.

try my pack, see how it works for you.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At this point without more info of what you've done, what system version you started on etc my best advice is to erase everything and start over and follow djtaz's instruction as though you had done nothing yet.

batmanfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok guys.

Here is what I've done :
My system was on 3.1E. I have made some tests with the results you know, first picture in first post.
So I decided to start from scratch.
I did :
_Update the Wii to the last update and use that guide (good job RadioShadow) : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945
_Delete all IOS upper thant 247
_use that guide (good job too) : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiSoftmod3pack.zip

I see on several forums that I'm not alone with that issue, but it is often due to bad media.. So I insert a blank media and the problem is the same.

Is there a god I have to call ? Something ?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
batmanfr said:
Ok guys.

Here is what I've done :
My system was on 3.1E. I have made some tests with the results you know, first picture in first post.
So I decided to start from scratch.
I did :
_Update the Wii to the last update and use that guide (good job RadioShadow) : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945
_Delete all IOS upper thant 247
_use that guide (good job too) : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiSoftmod3pack.zip

I see on several forums that I'm not alone with that issue, but it is often due to bad media.. So I insert a blank media and the problem is the same.

Is there a god I have to call ? Something ?

if you use my pack and do DVD-R's, I can think of no reason it wouldn't work, provided you test games that do work.

if you are using RW's, stop doing that.

after trying my pack, double check these things:
-no USB stuff plugged in
-no GC stuff plugged in
-SD card is in

finkel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when u write "Delete all IOS upper thant 247" u mean u deleted BOTH 247 and 249 (which is what you should do). best way to do it is via anythingtitledeleter app.
Also uninstall the DVD.
Also via wad manager - uninstall all the apps/loader/fix you have installed

once you did it, install noob's package - that's what i did yesterday and it worked.. can't help u more - noob here..

batmanfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
noobwarrior7 : Cheked
smile.gif

finkel98 :Yes I deleted both. I'm gonna do all that another time.
I'm also gonna search if I can acces another non-modded wii for test the app.

And maybe the gamma version will solve this.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
use anytitledeleter to delete ios 247, 249. use wadmanager (or atd) to delete the backuplauncher if you installed it as a channel.

goto wiigators blog and get the file - HERE

extract the Backup_Launcher and cIOS_Installer directories to x:\apps\ (where x: is your SD card drive).

grab the ios36 files from wherever you want ( HERE ) and extract them to x:\

Now startup the homebrew channel and run the cios installer. Reboot the wii. Put your disc in the drive and go back to the hbc and run the backup launcher.

See if game runs.

jfitie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
quim69 said:
use anytitledeleter to delete ios 247, 249. use wadmanager (or atd) to delete the backuplauncher if you installed it as a channel.

extract the Backup_Launcher and cIOS_Installer directories to x:\apps\ (where x: is your SD card drive).

Now startup the homebrew channel and run the cios installer. Reboot the wii. Put your disc in the drive and go back to the hbc and run the backup launcher.

See if game runs.

Or instead of the ios36 files and cIOS installer, get cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NZ7HH534

batmanfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
quim69 said:

See if game runs.

I did what you want with your files, I see the cios installer took the files from the sd with no error. But the backup launcher still don't want to play games...

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
jfitie said:
Or instead of the ios36 files and cIOS installer, get cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NZ7HH534
No, to diagnose his errors he need to use the original files as release by wiigator, not some messed up wad.

Also the read retry fix does nothing (as wiigator himself said) - recommending people use it is useless.

batmanfr : are you sure the discs work in another wii? other than that I don't have a clue - maybe the drive in this wii is in a worse condition than your other wii and can't read a marginal burn?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quim69 said:
jfitie said:
the read retry fix does nothing (as wiigator himself said)

I believe he actually said read rety, retries the reading, which gives people more time to get through some menu's etc. and avoid some freezes. the wad isn't messed up, it just changes one thing to make it retry like 3 times before giving DRE.

and PS: WiiGator made the read-retry installer

batmanfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My last chance is that my other wii have a "better" player than the one I want to softmod with backup loader.

WiiDump for 249 ios works (with an original game of course) so the ios is good.

I'm going to the market tomorow and buy others -R media.

Is this possible that a modchip allow a wii to read more media ?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
batmanfr said:
My last chance is that my other wii have a "better" player than the one I want to softmod with backup loader.

WiiDump for 249 ios works (with an original game of course) so the ios is good.

I'm going to the market tomorow and buy others -R media.

Is this possible that a modchip allow a wii to read more media ?

yes, modchips allow RW and unbooktyped +R (most of them do anyways)

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
noobwarrior7 said:
I believe he actually said read rety, retries the reading,
It does indeed - if the dvd drive replies with an error it tries to read the sector again.

QUOTE said:
which gives people more time to get through some menu's etc. and avoid some freezes.
Unfortunately not - ONE tester replied to him that it made things better. For everyone else it works exactly the same. It won't cause any problems, but when you are trying to diagnose a users error it just muddies the waters.

QUOTE said:
the wad isn't messed up, it just changes one thing to make it retry like 3 times before giving DRE.
messed up as in some pointless usermade wad/repack rather than the original files as released by the developer.

and PS: WiiGator made the read-retry installer
Ah, I wasn't aware wiigator made it - I take back the reply directly above then. =] The bit about it just clouding the issue still stands though. ;>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password