Homebrew Backup Loader 0.3 Problem(s)

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes yes, I have searched google, Gbatemp, everything, I can't find help to my problem. Yesterday I finally recieved my SD Reader, so I was happy to finally be able to put homebrew on my Wii, I have version 3.2U. But of course, I don't know most of the things about Wii Homebrew like I do with PSP homebrew, so it'll take me awhile to understand. So I -may- have missed something when trying to get this Backup Loader working.

I've tried installing DVDx, uninstalling it, installing CIOS_Fix, uninstalling it, I've tried the cIOS 6 thing that comes with the loader, I've tried IOS5 Rev, nothing. All of my back ups won't work, BUT. It does load my ACTUAL games through the Backup Loader (not sure if that's a good thing or not) before it would just take me to a black screen and give me all these error codes, I'd have to manually shut it off, now it actually loads my real games just fine.

I've tried Super Mario Galaxy Backup Loader Ready, it'll either say "DVD Identify Error" or http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112872

I also tried Wii Music, patched, AND unpatched, same thing.

I downloaded Naruto Clash of a Ninja Revolution 2 as well, I've tried it patched. Not unpatched, but still, same error as above.

I really need help. I may be missing something due to not understanding the homebrew scene for the Wii, but I've tried just about anything that I could understand. I wish there was a way I could just totally reformat my Wii, and try again from scratch, but everything seems too complicated for that, so I just have to make due.

If anyone can read through this long message, and attempt to help me, I'd be so grateful. This has become a nightmare to me, I just don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, I figure maybe I could be burning it wrong, but I do as the guides have said, I use IMGBurn, 2x, on DVD-Rs. I use TDK DVD-Rs, so I don't understand, am I missing something?

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting the same error. I tried scanning the discs I burned in DVDinfoPro and found out that they all had a quality rating of 0% and most of the time they all encountered an unrecoverable read error and couldn't continue. This either means that my media was bad or my burner is too old. I updated firmware of the drive and burned again (using IMGburn). still had quality ratings of 0%. Tomorrow I will try burning at work where they just bought new computers so hopefully this will fix my issues so I won't have to buy a new burner. If I were you I'd try running the quality test on DVDinfoPro and see how good the burns are. If the quality is low, chances are thats why the games aren't working and you'll need to buy a new dvdrw drive.

Edit: also try burning at a faster speed. Some people have reported that burning at the speed the DVD-R is rated for yields more playable games (and a better quality rating). Let us know if you make any progress.

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you. Though, I doubt it's my burner since I actually JUST bought it during the summer for $40. I still burn PS2 games without error, but I will do the test right now to make sure.

I'll also try burning at a faster speed to see, thanks.

EDIT: Apparently the Quality rating is 83.21%.

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to get a copy of GHIII DLC Edition to work by putting in the loader. Getting that error. Ejecting the disc. Put it back in the Wii and then try the loader again. This is all without exiting the loader.

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried doing what you said, and it just continues to give me an error message, so I'm thinking I may have something installed wrong. I don't know. I'm really at a loss.

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you gotten it working yet? I burned my games at work and they all have a quality rating in the high 90s and work flawlessly. I would try a different burner or type of media and see if that helps.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your using the old loader and you have to patch your games before playing them on that

download the most recent files in my zip - remove everything else that you have installed like DVDx and the IOS if you can and start from scratch using the simple HOWTO html file

first link in my signature

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure how exactly you go about burning your ISO files, but here is how I do it (and it has always worked for me):

(little side note - You may want to first double check that the game ISO that you have is compatiable with one of the ISO loader Channels)

Step One -
Using a Backup Creator (Look for the GUI edition, You will need the "Common-Key.bin" file tho). Double Click on the "Backup Creator" icon. Using the "browse" window that will open, look for your game's "ISO" file.

Once you select it click the "open" button.

Step Two - Once it is all done, you will have yourself a new ISO file. This new file will be 3.99gig and will have "(Converted)" at the end of the file name.

Step Three - Open the program you will use to burn the ISO file (either IMGburn or DVD decrypter).

Step Four - Now browse for you're Converted ISO file and select it.

Step Five - Setup the program to burn in the Book Type "DVD-Rom".

Step Six - Burn the Converted ISO file to you're blank DVD. When IMGburn first gets ready to start the burn process, if you look toward the bottom of the lower window. It will say Book Type: "Selected Book Type" (Here it will tell you what booktype you have selected the burner to use).

Step Seven - When it is done burning (again, so long as the correct booktype has been selected), You will have a working backup game disc.

Now so long as you have you're backup loader installed on you're Nintendo Wii, Just go to the Channel and load the game with the correct settings.

Any game from the US region will play with the default settings

Any game from the PAL region You will have to Force NTSC from the Config Menu of the backup loader you are using.

This should do it for ya buddy. Enjoy.

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, Djtaz I did what you said, but I totally reformatted my Wii, and did everything exactly as the guide said, and now I just get "DVD Identify Error" so I figure I'm burning them wrong, now, which brings me to I_Got_Wii'D.

I never set the booking type (or for that matter used the backup creator) which could be it, so I'm testing with Wii Music again, I have it converted and all ready, but now in ImgBurn, I went to Change Book Type, but I don't see my Drive manufacturer, it's a SONY DVD RW DRU-180A. But nothing else is said. So what do I do now?

EDIT: Apparently on another forum while searching google, someone said "I recenty picked up a Sony DVD/RW model DRU-180A (re-branded Lite-on drive)" so I'll just try using Lite-on then.

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
That will work then (I assume). I have a "NEC" brand Burner, and the "NEC" list won't work for me, so I just used the Lite as well. Set it to the "DVD-ROM" booktype and it worked just fine for me.

So now everything I have burnt with IMGburn has worked just fine.

Good luck sir.

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. I set it for Drive (for DVD+R Media) then book type to DVD-ROM. But I guess it didn't work.

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-R
Part Version: 5
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,289,542
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

EDIT: Also, this happens when I try to switch "Current Media (For DVD+RW Media)
http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...47011628dd3.png
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...47021628vn8.png

So that's probably what's causing it.

Also, everything else under the Lite-on tab, I switched to DVD-ROM, but the Current Media just won't switch.

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok what I would normally do is: (Keep in mind I normally use DVD+R)

Step 1) Open IMGburn

Step 2) Add ISO File

Step 3) Click on the Book (To Change Booktype)

Step 4) Click on the "LG" Tab (This is what should be displayed):

Change for: "Drive (For DVD+R Media)"
Current Setting: DVD-Rom

If that is what is shown then click "Ok", If it is not, then Adjust the settings so that is what is shown

Step 5) Click on the button to start the burn process

Step 6) On the "IMGburn log" Check for the words "Booktype: ???" (The ??? will be the booktype you have selected, in this case it should read "Booktype: DVD-Rom").

If it says "Booktype: DVD-Rom" Then your disc will burn correctly.

Give this a shot and let me know what happens.

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can't use the LG tab, since every time I try to select one in there, it just says
Current Settings: "Unknown (FAILED!)"
Reason: "Invalid Command Operation Code"

But this is just getting frustrating, I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to burn with booktype DVD-ROM. Since I guess that's the required booktype for DVD-Rs, for burned Wii games.

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your burning onto a DVD-R you don't need to change the book type. I actually don't think it's possible to change the book type on a DVD-R

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well, thanks for that, agn0. But then, why do I -STILL- get DVD Identify Errors? I'm so frustrated, if you can't already tell hahah. It really does suck. I'm too confused.

Well, I think it's a mixture of "No DVD" and "DVD Identify Error" since the words overlap each other, so I can't read it, that's normal, right?

spin1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GenocideSiren said:
Well, I think it's a mixture of "No DVD" and "DVD Identify Error" since the words overlap each other, so I can't read it, that's normal, right?

I get the same thing, i did not know what it said till you posted this. Kinda hard 2read.

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should try using a ISO that has already been confirmed to work (As I don't see Wii Music on the list yet). So give something a shot that you know works for sure (just an idea).

anyway I really hope you can get you're backup loader up and working.

GenocideSiren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher
Wii Music [NTSC-U] Yes 0.1 & 0.3 0.1 Works perfectly with Cios_fix. 0.3 works perfectly out of the box

But, thanks for your help anyways. Can you suggest an ISO that works for you? Just so I can go off on that. If not, I'll just look for myself, but I'd rather you suggest one since it works for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1