snarfoogle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried starting a backup, and it gives me a garbled error message:

I tried messing around with forcing NTSC, changing Hook type and turning Ocarina on and off. Does anyone know what causes this error?

DVD burned at 8x on Verbatim DVD-R using imgburn.

snarfoogle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm going to make another backup and try it, that was actually a PAL iso.
rolleyes.gif

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I had the same error. When I installed ios 51 and the new shop channel I think the cios was removed. try reinstalling it. It worked for me.

c0mputeRb0y

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 2 games that do not ALWAYS launch the first try
wink.gif

Crash mind over mutant:
sometimes takes a couple of tried then it "catches" and boots up the game...

Pokemon stadium battle rev.:
This game will boot but sometimes the Wiimote wont come on so i have to REboot the loader a few times and then it will eventually "catch" and load
smile.gif
so try it a FEW times before calling it quits on a burn
smile.gif
it may just boot the 3rd try!
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had that exact same error on Mario Kart and i had deleted the ISO .. so what i did was used ImgBurn to re-create the ISO on my drive , then reburnt it to a new disc and it worked fine.

The strange thing is i tried to patch it and it told me the ISO had an error so i couldnt burn the patched version but a direct copy of the ISO that didnt work resulted in the game working on the new disc - and the same discs were used out of the same 50 stack of DVD-R's ... i really dont know what it was

The game works on my Modded Wii :S

Id try a reburn and see what happens

blizdaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am receiving this same error with more game party (UK version of game party 2). I have reburned the disc many times with imgburn and also with nero and tried multiple media types. I am currently going to try another iso but the iso I found had a lot of seeds so I think that it would be functioning fine. One question I have is "How do I uninstall cIOS and then reinstall?" I have downloaded wiigator version .3 and the ciosinstaller auto connects to internet and downloads and installs fine. I just thought I might try uninstalling then reinstalling and seeing if that made a difference. Please post any tips / suggestions.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had that happen a few times, usually i have to reinstall ios and/or the backup channel and it fixes it. i will take notes next time i do it, i do it so fast i can't remember what i do lol (seriously).

sl0play

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having same problem with Wii Music. I have tried re-installing the cios and the channel and xdvd to no avail. I may try to uninstall everything and start from scratch. This is the only game I have ATM but it is confirmed to have worked with other users.

If anyone can post a step by step solution I would be very grateful!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wooooooooow I can't f..... believe it, I read the djtaz's post saying that he re-made the .iso from a burned one with ImgBurn, so I was about to do the same, when I realise that the physical info of my DVD's says "Disc ID: RITEK-R05-01" and with my working DVD's says "Disc ID: MCC-004-00", both packages are exactly the same Verbatim DVD+R 16X and the DVD itself looks with no diference with a fast look, but now I can see a few tiny diferences; I guess piracy in Mexico it is a big issue....!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.