Error: Set [gibberish] with WiiGator 0.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by snarfoogle, Oct 31, 2008.

1. snarfoogle
    OP

snarfoogle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2008
    United States
    I tried starting a backup, and it gives me a garbled error message:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried messing around with forcing NTSC, changing Hook type and turning Ocarina on and off. Does anyone know what causes this error?

DVD burned at 8x on Verbatim DVD-R using imgburn.

2. DM357

DM357 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    Either a corrupt ISO or a bad disc. Try it again and see what happens.

3. snarfoogle
    OP

snarfoogle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2008
    United States
    Yeah, I'm going to make another backup and try it, that was actually a PAL iso. [​IMG]

4. DM357

DM357 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    The PAL iso shouldn't make a difference with this loader I don't think.

5. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    i have that problem with mario party 8, but only sometimes, other times it works great,i guess the backup launcher still have some reading issues...

6. snarfoogle
    OP

snarfoogle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2008
    United States
    Same problem with RE4 [NTSC]. I'm running the WiiGator Channel by tgames and Cladil.

7. computerboy

computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2008
    Swaziland
    I had the same error. When I installed ios 51 and the new shop channel I think the cios was removed. try reinstalling it. It worked for me.

c0mputeRb0y

8. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    doesn't work for me though... i think it is due some bad discs...

9. vettacossx

vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Sep 19, 2008
    Right Behind You! Uh Oh!
    i have 2 games that do not ALWAYS launch the first try [​IMG]

Crash mind over mutant:
    sometimes takes a couple of tried then it "catches" and boots up the game...

Pokemon stadium battle rev.:
    This game will boot but sometimes the Wiimote wont come on so i have to REboot the loader a few times and then it will eventually "catch" and load [​IMG] so try it a FEW times before calling it quits on a burn [​IMG] it may just boot the 3rd try! [​IMG]

10. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    I had that exact same error on Mario Kart and i had deleted the ISO .. so what i did was used ImgBurn to re-create the ISO on my drive , then reburnt it to a new disc and it worked fine.

The strange thing is i tried to patch it and it told me the ISO had an error so i couldnt burn the patched version but a direct copy of the ISO that didnt work resulted in the game working on the new disc - and the same discs were used out of the same 50 stack of DVD-R's ... i really dont know what it was

The game works on my Modded Wii :S

Id try a reburn and see what happens

11. snarfoogle
    OP

snarfoogle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2008
    United States
    Reinstalling the cIOS worked. [​IMG]

12. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    maybe i should take a try with mario party 8 too, i am dumping mario kart backup now with dvd dumper from waninkoko, but from 80% it is getting really slow, so it might be that he is having trouble reading it...

13. blizdaddy

blizdaddy Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
    I too am receiving this same error with more game party (UK version of game party 2). I have reburned the disc many times with imgburn and also with nero and tried multiple media types. I am currently going to try another iso but the iso I found had a lot of seeds so I think that it would be functioning fine. One question I have is "How do I uninstall cIOS and then reinstall?" I have downloaded wiigator version .3 and the ciosinstaller auto connects to internet and downloads and installs fine. I just thought I might try uninstalling then reinstalling and seeing if that made a difference. Please post any tips / suggestions.

14. Raziel5000

Raziel5000 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    United States
    I have had that happen a few times, usually i have to reinstall ios and/or the backup channel and it fixes it. i will take notes next time i do it, i do it so fast i can't remember what i do lol (seriously).

15. sl0play

sl0play Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    I am having same problem with Wii Music. I have tried re-installing the cios and the channel and xdvd to no avail. I may try to uninstall everything and start from scratch. This is the only game I have ATM but it is confirmed to have worked with other users.

If anyone can post a step by step solution I would be very grateful!

16. gumbyscout

gumbyscout GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2007
    United States
    Who cares?
    I get that message sometimes, I just tell it to launch the game over and over until it does it properly.

17. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    Wooooooooow I can't f..... believe it, I read the djtaz's post saying that he re-made the .iso from a burned one with ImgBurn, so I was about to do the same, when I realise that the physical info of my DVD's says "Disc ID: RITEK-R05-01" and with my working DVD's says "Disc ID: MCC-004-00", both packages are exactly the same Verbatim DVD+R 16X and the DVD itself looks with no diference with a fast look, but now I can see a few tiny diferences; I guess piracy in Mexico it is a big issue....!!