Status
Not open for further replies.

db87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did make two backups of Endless Ocean PAL: a 1:1 copy and a decrypted one.
Both confirmed working flawlessly with Backup Loader 0.3.
gbasp.gif

Console: EU PAL, 3.2E

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About to test a backup of Mario Galaxy. It's a 1:1 copy, but I am worried about people saying it will auto install and update. Is this true? Thanks.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
WizardOfOdd said:
Still no luck here getting Manhunt 2 to run on a PAL Wii. It's NTSC patched to PAL with the unblurred patch installed too. Says it should work on the compatibility list, but it freezes after the intro and menus soon as it gets to the gameplay with a disc cannot be read error.
Try the unpatched/clean iso - maybe the patch was bad.

QUOTEAbout to test a backup of Mario Galaxy. It's a 1:1 copy, but I am worried about people saying it will auto install and update. Is this true? Thanks.
The copy launcher blocks updates, you will have no problems playing it.

sav_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
davhuit said:
sav_ : 1:1 or Decrypted ? Did you tried both versions ? And also, the cios read retry?

Decrypted. I will try the 1:1 later on, since I'm out of Dvd's. I use Verbatim DVD+R, at DVD-Rom booktype.

I have a CIOS with read-retry fix and launcher 0.3

according to the wiki (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3#L), a 1:1 should not work though. I've tried two different "backups", both of them don't work. Perhaps the PAL version isn't working

With Topspin 3, the game crashes when loading a game. It just hangs for some reason (while loading and displaying the correct position of the controller). Also decrypted.

masaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-J Mario Galaxy
NTSC-J Wii
WiiGator 0.3b + cIOS with read retry fix
1:1 & patched tested both

freezed on beginning warning...

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i got quantam of solace working i dumped the us copy from my store and are using launcher 0.3 autoboot
force ntsc on ntsc u wii hope this helps

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
MrBubbles said:
There are a lot of issues with the Wiki. If someone has the time, please and I mean please, try to delete copies.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion has 3 copies of itself. But the game has worked fine for the majority of the people I've spoken to. These people make a mistake somewhere down the line with how they burn are over-zealous and jump to the Wiki. Perhaps add more columns for "Yes" and "No" if they launched. That and there needs to be a clear distinction between PAL/US/NA. There are a lot of PAL/US together but then I see PAL and US of the same game separated.

It's just a cluster mess, with like a few shining examples of how the wiki should be done here and there.

Agree, I've thought about only post the 100% (near to it, acceptable ones) working titles, since there much playing factors in those not working. The not working titles shouldn't be posted until somekind of absolute concensus, like the "Sky Crawlers" and "Tenchu 4" not working at 100% =(. Just my opinion.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WizardOfOdd said:
Still no luck here getting Manhunt 2 to run on a PAL Wii. It's NTSC patched to PAL with the unblurred patch installed too. Says it should work on the compatibility list, but it freezes after the intro and menus soon as it gets to the gameplay with a disc cannot be read error.

If I install the 'retry read disc' fix thing will it write over the cIOS I need to run the backup loader 0.3?

Thanks.

There floating a ready to burn ISO of the uncensored version, even it was native PAL. It worked just fine on my NTSC Wii, just patched it with WiiBrickBlocker.

db87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did make two backups of Mario Galaxy PAL

Mario Galaxy PAL -decrypted one:
Disc got detected and starts to load but in a "Mario theme" I'm getting a message of a Disc read error.
(backup Launcher 0.1 didn't detected the disc at all...)

Mario Galaxy PAL -1:1 copy:
Works perfect. Can also confirm that there is no 'auto update' going on when using Backup Loader 0.3.
rolleyes.gif

bantheradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TV Show Game King (NTSC) - 1:1

Game boots and was playable up until the "spin the wheel" portion of a regular game when I got an error that reads:

"(611):ASprite.cpp
assert failed frame >= 0 && frame < m_d
ata->m_frame count"

This is the first time I've encountered an error other than the disc read error one previously mentioned. Maybe I got a bad rip...?

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
Hey guys i got quantam of solace working i dumped the us copy from my store and are using launcher 0.3 autoboot
force ntsc on ntsc u wii hope this helps
care to post more info

what media used
burn speed

ect

sav_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
db87 said:
Did make two backups of Mario Galaxy PAL

Mario Galaxy PAL -decrypted one:
Disc got detected and starts to load but in a "Mario theme" I'm getting a message of a Disc read error.
(backup Launcher 0.1 didn't detected the disc at all...)

Mario Galaxy PAL -1:1 copy:
Works perfect. Can also confirm that there is no 'auto update' going on when using Backup Loader 0.3.
rolleyes.gif

I got this working while decrypted. PAL too. Weird

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem NTSC-U 1:1 backup freezes after opening dialog to part 3, tried more than one copy on different kinds of disc, not a burn error.

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested another game

fire emblem radiant dawn usa 1:1 gives disk read error during opening intro and freezes in the beginning of chapter 4

fire emblem raidant dawn usa patch freezes in the beginning of chapter 4

is there any way to fix this problem

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have somebody tested the 1:1 version of star wars the force unleashed NTSC? most of ppl say the patched ver doesnt work but what about the unpatched one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(