Not open for further replies.

gabitafm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can I burn disc in a dvd-rw?
still no testing of waku waku animal march??
Iso files must be patched with 0.3 backup loader?
please answer someone... U_U

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is what it says:
Castlevania: Judgement Works Yes NTSC-U Works with Gamma. Disc Read Error in both Gamma and Beta(this may be burn issue. Played all lvls, modes, people w/ no disk read errors) Laggy intros and loading. Gameplay works fine. 4
Castlevania: Judgement Error Yes NTSC-U Game loads, but doesn't recognize when pressing buttons on the Wii-mote, which means intro-movie can't be skiped and you'll be stuck at the "press any button to continue"-screen. Tested on PAL-Wii, with Gamma. 1

Uh, okay? So, do i need to force NTSC or something? Cause i tried Launch game trough loader and it says it cd can't be read.
Then if i use B button to load trough Wii Menu it displays Castlevania but it won't load saying Error 001# something.

B

BryceOne

I backuped my game of Rampage Total Destruction.. The game plays fine, but the original Rampage and Rampage World Tour found in the Bonus Material wouldn't run.. I normally wouldn't think it was a bad disc, since both games wouldn't work, but I tried a 2nd burn and still the same. I then stumbled across a thread that talked about Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher, so I went to give it a try.. Patched the game to 249 IOS and now both the 2 classic games run perfectly. I was wondering if other games like House Of The Dead or Sam & Max Season One require this patch?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
House of Dead, only the one that doesn't work, and for Sam & Max you need Multi cIOS installer to get IOS33 with DIP7 in IOS33, and run it thru softchip loading IOS33

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BryceOne said:
I backuped my game of Rampage Total Destruction.. The game plays fine, but the original Rampage and Rampage World Tour found in the Bonus Material wouldn't run.. I normally wouldn't think it was a bad disc, since both games wouldn't work, but I tried a 2nd burn and still the same. I then stumbled across a thread that talked about Waninkoko's IOS Version Patcher, so I went to give it a try.. Patched the game to 249 IOS and now both the 2 classic games run perfectly. I was wondering if other games like House Of The Dead or Sam & Max Season One require this patch?

QUOTE(ether2802 @ Jan 13 2009, 04:13 AM) House of Dead, only the one that doesn't work, and for Sam & Max you need Multi cIOS installer to get IOS33 with DIP7 in IOS33, and run it thru softchip loading IOS33

House of the dead needs IOS Version patch, Sam & Max needs IOS Version patch and being launched from the disc channel with the Gamma rebooter. Multi_cios_installer for a cIOS33 or CIOSCORP would help with Sam & Max too, but just IOS Version patch + Gamma rebooter is the safe and easy way.

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Rogue Trooper (pal) on my NTSC console and the game screen scrolls up and down.

Used regionfrii to set the game to NTSC and then Wii brick blocker before burning.

I've tried several different options on the gamma menu "force ntsc", force pal50 etc. but none of them is working.

am using a SD tv with original wii cables.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I took the day to clean up and edit the Wiki, if anyone's interested. The only mistake I made was to link Waninkoko's IOS Patcher to he's site, which is currently down, lol. :/

deelonger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using NTSC Wiii 3.3U with 0.3 Gamma.

Can't get backup copy of Ben 10 Alien Force (PAL) to work, just get green screen with NTSC or Force-NTSC. All other backups work fine. Tried patched and unpatched. Downloaded ISO twice and both copies are from Espalwii. I see post the NTSC 1:1 is working. Anyone get backup (PAL) backup copy to work. I burned about 20 backups with TDK DVD-R and all work fine using NERO and 4x speed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try to force PAL,if it works the game works, then it just doesn't work the way you want. In that case you need a region patcher, i mean a WORKING region patcher, not that usual crap that changes the info that the game is PAL to NTSC.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
deelonger said:
I just downloaded Ben 10 Alien Force (NTSC) works perfect. There must be a problem with the PAL version.

Green screen freeze == (90% of the time) video mode used not present in the game

Which means, you can't force NTSC for all games, this just doesn't work.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I initially couldn't get Harvey Birdman, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (both WiiBrickBlocker patched and unpatched copies) to work and would always get the dreaded "An error has occurred" message. So after much snooping and tinkering, I've gotten both to work, and relatively easily. Below are my instructions. Sorry if any of it's redundant. It worked, regardless.

My specs: System 3.3u (using downgrade), Mose's custom Backup Launcher WAD based off WiiGator's BL 0.3 Gamma, WAD Manager Channel 1.3, Homebrew Channel 1.0.1, Twilight Hack 0.1 beta 1

1. I went to Wanikoko's blog, and downloaded both the cMIOS Installer (rev 03) and IOS36 rev 7 installers.
2. I googled (yes kids, its your friend, use it) both RVL-mios-v8.wad and IOS36-64-v1042.wad and downloaded both.
3. I renamed the cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol and cMIOS_rev3-Installer.dol to boot.dol and put each in a separate folder in the /apps directory of the SD card
4. I put both WADs in the /wad folder, and installed each via WAD Manager.
5. I installed both cMIOS and IOS36 via Homebrew Channel using network install,
6. I launched both patched and unpatched copies of each game, crossed my fingers, and both worked perfectly.

Both games run at 99%, no audio sync errors, VERY little slowdown if any of FMVs and no crashes. I imagine this method WILL work for a number of other games that are currently giving the dreaded "An error has occurred" message. I will be trying other supposedly "nonworking" games soon, and see if they will now run.

Give it a try. Even if you think you have it installed..it can't hurt to reinstall both the WADs and use the custom installers and try again.

UPDATE: I originally couldn't get Call of Duty 3 to run either, it would always give the same "An error has occurred" message when the game tried loading the actual ingame graphics, so I tossed the disc in the coaster pile. I decided to dig it out, try it and it now works as well.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tripellex said:
Hey guys,

I initially couldn't get Harvey Birdman, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (both WiiBrickBlocker patched and unpatched copies) to work and would always get the dreaded "An error has occurred" message. So after much snooping and tinkering, I've gotten both to work, and relatively easily. Below are my instructions. Sorry if any of it's redundant. It worked, regardless.

My specs: System 3.3u (using downgrade), Mose's custom Backup Launcher WAD based off WiiGator's BL 0.3 Gamma, WAD Manager Channel 1.3, Homebrew Channel 1.0.1, Twilight Hack 0.1 beta 1

1. I went to Wanikoko's blog, and downloaded both the cMIOS Installer (rev 03) and IOS36 rev 7 installers.
2. I googled (yes kids, its your friend, use it) both RVL-mios-v8.wad and IOS36-64-v1042.wad and downloaded both.
3. I renamed the cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol and cMIOS_rev3-Installer.dol to boot.dol and put each in a separate folder in the /apps directory of the SD card
4. I put both WADs in the /wad folder, and installed each via WAD Manager.
5. I installed both cMIOS and IOS36 via Homebrew Channel using network install,
6. I launched both patched and unpatched copies of each game, crossed my fingers, and both worked perfectly.

Both games run at 99%, no audio sync errors, VERY little slowdown if any of FMVs and no crashes. I imagine this method WILL work for a number of other games that are currently giving the dreaded "An error has occurred" message. I will be trying other supposedly "nonworking" games soon, and see if they will now run.

Give it a try. Even if you think you have it installed..it can't hurt to reinstall both the WADs and use the custom installers and try again.

UPDATE: I originally couldn't get Call of Duty 3 to run either, it would always give the same "An error has occurred" message when the game tried loading the actual ingame graphics, so I tossed the disc in the coaster pile. I decided to dig it out, try it and it now works as well.

???
You only needed to install the rcIOS36ev7, that's it. The MIOS doesn't have ANY effect on Wii backups. Take a look my compatiblity guide from the sticky post, you will find there in bold and big that you need the rev7 cIOS.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
???
You only needed to install the rcIOS36ev7, that's it. The MIOS doesn't have ANY effect on Wii backups. Take a look my compatiblity guide from the sticky post, you will find there in bold and big that you need the rev7 cIOS.

As I stated in my post, it may be redundant or unneeded, but I was merely laying out HOW I got a few games that wouldn't otherwise work before to work. I never said cMIOS had anything to do with it, only that its one of the steps I did.

MaxyDawg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these listings by original mode or by the mode that they are used in? (i.e. - Boom Blox PAL forced into NTSC, et cetera)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-