Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Deepfreezer said:
djtaz said:
KIT786 said:
Firstly jsut like to say this a awesoe app, and much respect to all those that have worked on it and contributed to it in anyway.

However I have a problem:

I've got a UK PAL Wii and I can get the backup loader working fine, except for one problem- when loading any US games (tried Wii music and Fire Emblem) the picture is always tinted red. I've tried all the different video options and differnt combinations but either the game won't work or it will be tinted in red
frown.gif
The only thing I think it may be is that i've using a RGB scart lead to connect my Wii to the TV, and unless I'm mistaken the US machines can't output in RGB (someone correct me if i'm wrong) so i believe it could have something to do with that?

All and any help would be much appriciated, and if i am correct about the RGB thing any chance of a fix/option for RGB in any future releases?

Ive heard of others having red tint with the RGB cable so i think that you may be correct with that - have you tried using the scart and see if it works with that ?

Like I postet a few pages ago, trie to enable forcepal50, and nothing else, this could work for you. I´ve tried severals NTSC games on pal and most of them, but not all works witz that option on pal with ne red tinted screen.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I've tried the forcepal50 but the games would then not load at all (same with forcepal60). I would've tried the composite lead you get with Wii, but I gave that to a mate when i brought the RGB scart lead (thinking i wouldn't need it any more
wacko.gif
), as his stopped working for some reason (don't quite remember why, its been a while). However after reading about the RegionFrii tool, i'll give that a try and convert the iso's to Pal and see if that makes a difference. Will be back with the results, and thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cdreams said:
The biggest problem is I think, is that most of you guys seem to be coders to some degree and I am not. So for me it's like your explaining things in coding terms and expect me to know what IOS's are and stuff. I know it isn't hard to work out but when your switching things back and forward and installing things, then it does tend to confuse.

Its impossible to explain some things without using technical terms.
Im a network administrator and people ask me how networks work - i know for a fact that im wasting my time even starting to explain to 99% of people so i wonder why they even ask.

I have tried to write the how to in as simple terms an i can use to get the job done - if someone cant follow it then they really shouldnt be doing anything to their wii other than putting original games in and getting tennis elbow.
Its not really up to us to sit everyone down and explain the terms - thats what Google is for.

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
@Djtaz I am totally behind you 100% here i too am a network administrator and I understand what you are saying. I ama noob to wii hacking and I spent about 3 days reading these threads, google searching and researching further how to do all these things to the wii just to make sure i was going to be doing it right. Everybody on here wants a free lunch by saying things like tell me what to do step by step and ill do it. Then when they cant get it right they blame all the how to's for being too complicated. Maybe if the spent some time researching what they were doing instead of posting here they would eventually figure out what they were doing wron themselves.

I apologize if this is a rant but i have been on this board for quite a while now and i just couldn't stay quiet anylonger. These people that are on here complaining that the threads are too confusing etc have to think why are they too confusing it is because of people like you that don't bother to read the threads or are too lazy to do some research and just post frivilous posts/That is why these threads are confusing. You need to get the how to's read them and if you still dont understand research what you are doing for a while before you start coming on here and asking things that way we can keep these threads for what they are meant for and that is the testing of the backup loader and hopefully we can get back on track and help Wiigator out.

Anyways sorry for the big spiel but i just couldn't stand it any longer djtaz is here and is helping everyone he can but there is only so much that one person can take when they get asked ( sorry told ) to do things another way.

Djtaz and the rest of you keep up the good work. Some of us here are behind you 100% and the majority of us appreciate your help and your efforts.

thetonman

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
djtaz and dirtydogs, it's not that I am lazy, it's the fact that there are threads that are over 50 pages long, in fact this one alone is 305 pages long. Do you honestly think it's practical to read even 50 pages just for a link?

I am happy to search around within reason and I have, and thanks to djtaz I now have everything I need but only after I had to sign up for a membership to the site which after you have been searching and having to sign up for any forums advice, gets a little annoying.

I am not criticising anyone here and I applaud your efforts, all I am saying is maybe things could be a little more efficient. Have a clearer wiki for compatibility and take down all the posts on those threads, only have the links to the wiki. Having almost 50 pages on both versions of it seems ridiculous. Also for the files, I see djtaz has pretty much done what I wanted anyway, but I couldn't see that until I got the membership. All I kept seeing was check my sig, but it doesn't show without the membership, so after trawling almost every thread I finally signed up only to see it clear as day. Maybe a mention so newbies like me understand it won't show unless you sign up
wink.gif

Regarding the James Bond QOS issue, it's still on the wiki ad saying it works. I've now wasted another disc just to try another way. I've also used AnyRegionChanger to set my Wii to PAL to see if that would work. It's either someone taking the piss and lying, or it does indeed work and it would be good for more info and clarification on the wiki. Djtaz and the likes seem to have much more experience here and knowledge so I'm asking if you guys can check this out and confirm whether it's true or not. Maybe someone needs to be actively moderating the wiki to prevent people putting false info on it and wasting peoples time.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can understand why newbies are asking for simple how tos that are foolproof. This thread tells users that there is a great new free downloadable thing you can add to your wii that lets you run backed up games without doing a hardware mod.

That's pretty tempting stuff - it will definitely attract a crowd of non-techies to try this out.

This message is addressed to those people who don't understand what to do after reading all of this and trying to research on your own a bit (CDreams excepted - he's gotten help and worked it out now :-):

**** PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THIS PROJECT IS ACTUALLY RELEASED ****

It is only a beta. as such, people are damn lucky it is even freely available at all. The instructions are there. If they don't make sense, wait until it's released. Also, this thread is not really a planned thread - when it started there wasn't a public version of this version of the loader. So the people in here already knew a fair bit because most of them started with the old 0.1 loader and learned as a team how to get it working. This thread has no concise purpose (but in general is to discuss the 0.3 loader), but it's very entertaining and informative as long as people don't expect miracles.

Speaking for myself (yes, I'm a programmer), I found WiiGator's instructions in his wiki to be the best I've seen yet, very clear, very complete and a helpful FAQ as well. Amazing stuff considering he also wrote a lot of this loader's code and setup the content for the wiki and faq himself!

ok, I'm done now too. :-)

Soooooooooooo, who's up for a game of hold'em?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Thetonman

Wait a second, your also a network guy so maybe it's impossible for you to comprehend that maybe we don't all get it as easy as you do with your technical mind.

Your saying I should research it. Maybe read my post fully first before typing and you would see I have the thing working but was trying to make it clearer for everyone. If I have wasted time trying to get stuff working, I am sure many other people, maybe not as smart as you, will have also.

I have read around 500 pages and every page or so of them have new info and new things to install or fix or someone fixing code. It isn't clear and yes it is confusing. The very fact you took 3 days yourself shows this.

So far Gbatemp has been the greatest help for me, along with Wiibrew. However the wiki for instance is not providing what it's designed for, to clear issues up. The fact that QOS was on there saying it was broke, so I left it, then a day later says it's working, giving me the incentive to burn 3 copies to test over 5 hours and none working. Why isn't it fixed? I mean the wiki, not the game by the way. Like I said above, djtaz and the likes have much more experience and could clarify this if they wanted to. I did try to confirm it on another thread and so have a few other people, but nobody has cleared it up and the wiki still has it saying it's working. I am possitive there are numerous people who are new to this who maybe don't have the time to check 300 pages, who have burnt they game and had problems.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@dkelly

Probably the best advice so far lol
wink.gif

Seriously though you make a great point. I am not technically proficient with the Wii's inner workings and so I should really hold off until it is released properly. However unless Wiigator is Wanakoko, then I was worried that it won't be finished either and so went ahead and tried this one out.

I have actually learnt a little whilst testing bits and bobs and would say I kind of know how to navigate around, but who wouldn't be after 500 pages and countless attempts to get QOS working. God damn game, I am not even that interested in it, just want to see if it is graphically good because the videos looked ok and to see if it is anywhere near pushing the Wii. From reviews it doesn't sound like it, but would be good to try it with the Wiimote instead of my PC.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cdreams said:
...nobody has cleared it up and the wiki still has it saying it's working...

that's a valid point - I'm not 100% sure but isn't there a history thing that shows who made what edits to the wiki? Maybe you (Cdreams) can look at it and see for yourself if that's true, and if so you should be able to track down the username of the person who claimed that it works. And maybe that's the same username used in this thread, or at least it may provide some form of contact info (hidden email or such).

Worth a shot anyway!

I've been there - maddening when a game works for someone but not for you.

I just bought a stack of maxell dvd- 4.7 discs. they don't work with my wii at all (but are fine for divx movies for my dvd player). the generic dataware discs I was using before work great with the Wii. So if I'd started with those maxells I'd be pulling my hair out by now LoL

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Good idea dkelley.

By the way regarding burning DVD's, I found out something interesting regarding DVD+R's. I was originally burning my discs on my laptop but I was unable to set the DVD Type and so any I burned just wouldn't work. Fair enough. However I also have my iMac and htought I would try that drive to see if it could set DVD Type. It never but when I use it to burn the discs, they work fine, so I think it may be set as standard to burn to the right type of disc. Was happy and made me a little happier with the iMac purchase a couple of months ago.

By the way it is a 24" iMac 3.06Ghz so if anyone has one then it works for me so use that if you can, nice and easy.

Finally the other forum on the QOS issue seems that someone else has it working on 3.3E. I have 3.2U set up on my Wii, however I did just use AnyRegion Changer to set to 3.2E and tried the loader and patched Pal iso, but no luck. So I left a message to see if anyone can clarify if you need 3.3E to get the backup to work.

KIT786

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KIT786 said:
Thanks for the replies guys.
I've tried the forcepal50 but the games would then not load at all (same with forcepal60). I would've tried the composite lead you get with Wii, but I gave that to a mate when i brought the RGB scart lead (thinking i wouldn't need it any more
wacko.gif
), as his stopped working for some reason (don't quite remember why, its been a while). However after reading about the RegionFrii tool, i'll give that a try and convert the iso's to Pal and see if that makes a difference. Will be back with the results, and thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

I'm back with the results and sadly same problem
frown.gif
I converted/patched the game to PAL, using WiiJunkies (i'm using a mac) and still got the tinted red screen. Also tried forcepal50 and forcepal60 and like before the game wouldn't load. Only other opition is to get my old cable back and see if it works with that (or get a HD tv, that will accept componet input buts a bit expensive just for this
biggrin.gif
).

If i do get it working I'll be sure to let people know how
wink.gif

Petewithf33t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First post: I'd like to start by thanking WiiGator/Wanin/Team Twiizers all At GBA temp (djtaz and many others) for the gifts you have given me!!!
Have a question thats been on my mind for a while.......Wouldn't it of been easier to hack the Disk Channel as apposed to writing a Backup Launcher? Sorry if ive missed something somewhere but with all the pages ive read ive never seen it mentioned.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its been discussed, i believe the conclusion was to run via disc channel we would need to patch all IOS's not just the one, since the disc channel loads the ios the game asks for. also believe this is the majority issue with games that arnt working, a feature they need has been removed or changed in the latest ios's

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
@cdreams

Listen I apologize if my post has annoyed you, it was just intended to let a lot of noobs know that all the information they need is out there if they just took the time to search for it. Yes I am a network guy but I knew absolutely nothing about hacking the Wii or the Wii's operating system so I had to check. It did take me 3 days to make sure I was doing things right but that might just be me as i wanted to be thorough about things and make sure i wasn't going to brick my Wii. Regarding the Wiki it can be annoying if there is a game on there that says it is working but when you try it it doesnt. The thing to remember is that the Wiki can be edited by anyone and is in no way a definitive that the game is working. The way i looked at it is if I burned the game tried it, tested different settings and finally found it didn't work for me then I can post that on the compatibility thread and that in turn would Help WiiGator fix bugs in this release and maybe get it working on the next release so it is in no way a lost cause. That is why the beta was released to the public to allow us to give WiiGator feedback and help fix bugs.

Again I apologize if it seemed I was picking you out but it was not meant for you directly it was meant aimed at everyone to start reading and searching for answers that are already out the on the net and to keep this thread for discussion on the backup launcher itself.

thetonman

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Longterm is the key here. Right now the focus is on compatability. once the backup loader is closer to 100% compatability we'll probably see it, but i wouldnt hold my breath till then. For those who just want to see their backup show in the disc channel, fire up menu loader select ios 249 and enjoy, you wont be able to launch them, but youll be able to look at the pretty banners when you put your 1:1 backups in.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ok it seems another couple of people are saying they are getting QOS working using 3.3E with patched pal iso using wiigator 0.1 with cios fix.

I have an NTSC Wii, used AnyRegion Changer to change to the 3.2E. Used 3.3 safe update and tried the 0.1 loader and all I get is the game dump screen. I think I forgot to use the cios fix though so might be that, can somebody try this out or tell me how I can update my Wii to 3.3E to try that with the loader.

Petewithf33t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks digitydogs, feel from all ive read that i should of known that, but still wouldnt patching all ios's be easier that creating a backup launcher?

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depends on who you ask. I think the main reasons they went with a loader are that altering all the various IOS's not only requires more time, but would have to be re-patched after any updates from nintendo, Not to mention the risk of retail games not working properly (or bricks) if we fuck with the standard ios's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...