Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raaamesh said:
raaamesh said:
hi when i used backup loader 0.1 i had to install CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad which i did using wad manager in the homebrew channle

before i installed 0.3 i removed CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad with wad manager and uninstalled the dvdx setting and removed the old loader channel (the one with the halo) again with wad manager .

when installing 0.3 it was a .dol file which i ran in the homebrew channle, i was wondering on how i would unload/remove this cios if i wanted to as i did previously with the wad manager with CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad.

bump
0.3 refers to the backuploader, not the CIOS you have installed (which should be Wiigator's version, which is very similar to Waninkoko's Custom IOS36 rev 06... Anyone know what is the revision number of Wiigator's CIOS?).
If you run the CIOS installer (.dol) a second time you should get an uninstall option.
Failing that, use AnyTitleDeleter and remove IOS249.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This cios fix seems to fix the loadind crashes in No more heroes (decrypted NTSC-NTSC 3.2 Wii) but ive only been playing for 15mins so not sure 100%(couldnt even get out my house after about 10 tries before fix so there is an improvement).

PS games like Star wars and Okami still give "eject and shut down errors"

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to help.
tongue.gif

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MCBarkingSpoon said:
rawalisb said:
Most likely you can install this with no previous cIOS installed

So its a full install but will overwite the older code on an already 0.3 mod?
Sounds good to me.

It will work. My recommendation is:
NEVER UNINSTALL CIOS

Because Nintendo seems to update in background, if Wii Connect 24 is activated. You don't know about it. If you don't have CIOS installed, you can never install it anymore after the update.

I detected that the weather and the news channel is also updated, when I run the homebrew channel and wait.

You can uninstall dvdx.

Marcokkio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
pebls123 said:
This cios fix seems to fix the loadind crashes in No more heroes (decrypted NTSC-NTSC 3.2 Wii) but ive only been playing for 15mins so not sure 100%(couldnt even get out my house after about 10 tries before fix so there is an improvement).

I was able to play the first stage of "No More Heroes" PAL, but now it gives me the read error.
I installed the cios fix, but nothing. :'(

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pebls123 said:

wat cios fix?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Marcokkio said:
pebls123 said:

I was able to play the first stage of "No More Heroes" PAL, but now it gives me the read error.
I installed the cios fix, but nothing. :'(
Try downloading the NTSC version and converting it to PAL.

MCBarkingSpoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
You may want to set it "Install Automatic" to play movies on your Wii
wink.gif

DVD's on my Wii, you are joking right?
I have a dvdr and an Xbox with media center, no thanks.

Posts merged

WiiGator said:
MCBarkingSpoon said:
QUOTE(rawalisb @ Oct 26 2008, 07:50 PM) Most likely you can install this with no previous cIOS installed

Sounds good to me.

NEVER UNINSTALL CIOS

Because Nintendo seems to update in background, if Wii Connect 24 is activated. You don't know about it. If you don't have CIOS installed, you can never install it anymore after the update.

I detected that the weather and the news channel is also updated, when I run the homebrew channel and wait.

You can uninstall dvdx.

No wii online for me, sorry but their online concepts are a joke.

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MCBarkingSpoon said:
ether2802 said:
You may want to set it "Install Automatic" to play movies on your Wii
wink.gif

DVD's on my Wii, you are joking right?
I have a dvdr and an Xbox with media center, no thanks.

Posts merged

WiiGator said:
MCBarkingSpoon said:
QUOTE(rawalisb @ Oct 26 2008, 07:50 PM) Most likely you can install this with no previous cIOS installed

Sounds good to me.

NEVER UNINSTALL CIOS

You can uninstall dvdx.

No wii online for me, sorry but their online concepts are a joke.
wat cios FIX?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol