Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

looseskrewz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, gees at least use your skills for something more useful like putting a billion dollars in my bank account.

Haha...just kidding by the way.

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Richy Freeway said:
Calm down. You lot sound like they've discovered a cure for cancer.
Did you not read my post? Of course they haven't cured cancer. They've found a way to make molten gold and diamonds pour out of a wii.

Seriously though it's a very good thing for these guys to be working together. Certain people in the wii scene like to get angry at people for developing competing homebrew, these guys are cooperating and making something better come out of it.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Yup, thats very nice to hear.
I just hope that there will be a beta release soon, waiting until the end of November would be too hard (even the end of October would be too hard.....)
frown.gif

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope all this info isnt going to spell disaster for everyone..
the news of 3rd week in november (although not confirmed) the news that wiigator and waninkoko are working together..the fact the 0.3 is a private beta but is being freely spoken about in a public forum. the fact that there was nearly 500 users in here yesterday. i really hope that one of the beta testers doesnt decide to do another waninkoko style leak lol..leak it with a guide and pretend its all their own work. the beta testers must know just how much other users are anticipating the release and also realise that the only thing holding it back is the backwards compaitibility..you really should lock this thread and use a private irc room or private forum to talk about everything 0.3 related and leave this forum for 0.1 talk..
the fever of last night was enough for me to think that there will probably be a beta tester with dillusions of grandure and try and take the glory..from what i understand from reading through 164 pages of info..well 2 pages of useful info and 162 other pages of speculation of what 0.3 is going to bring the loader is good to go apart from the backwards compatibility. add to that 3rd week in november is 1 whole month away. well to me that sounds like a dangerous combination..so please DONT release this till its ready and also as a suggestion would all the beta testers and wiigator and waninkoko talk about results of 0.3 privately and leave this thread to die a natural death..

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You must remember that the beta testers have had this for the last 3-4 weeks and have been testing it quite a bit and in fairness to all of them have kept pretty quiet about the whole thing in relative terms.

I think they can be trusted and wiigator was lucky to find such good decent people to look out after this for him.

Well done the beta testers and keep up the good work.

hetster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is what i mean..all the private beta testers in a public forum talking to the public about private matters that they cannot be a part of has the smell of ner ner ner ner ner about it..i hope things cool off for a few weeks anyway.regular updates by wiigator or waninkoko is fine but reading through the forums its more we have it and you dont and its great ner ner ner ner ner

ghorricks

Trophies
Website
en.wikipedia.org
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to thank the existing beta testers for not leaking ANY version so far.

And as already said, please continue to respect the developer(s) and keep the code private and safe. You are all doing great work in testing the backup launcher and EVERYONE out here respects your efforts as much as Wiigator's.

Waninkoko - Thanks for leading the way with your own work.
WiiGator - You are certainly an accomplished developer who knew to let Waninkoko retire before releasing 0.1

Waninkoko & WiiGator - Thank you and bless you.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
You must remember that the beta testers have had this for the last 3-4 weeks and have been testing it quite a bit and in fairness to all of them have kept pretty quiet about the whole thing in relative terms.

I think they can be trusted and wiigator was lucky to find such good decent people to look out after this for him.

Well done the beta testers and keep up the good work.

I thought he was just asking for beta testers last week.
Where there older ones?

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I still stand by my theory that they're(Wanin and Wiigator) are the same person
tongue.gif

Really though, the fact both of them are working on it couldn't be better, I'll patiently wait for a release, and when that release comes, have a near-fatal joy fuelled heart attack. I hope it comes out soon, although, I'd rather wait for it to be as good as it can be and have a late release, rather than rushed and half done, but released on time/early.

crazyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
ThrashWolf said:
I still stand by my theory that they're(Wanin and Wiigator) are the same person
tongue.gif

Really though, the fact both of them are working on it couldn't be better, I'll patiently wait for a release, and when that release comes, have a near-fatal joy fuelled heart attack. I hope it comes out soon, although, I'd rather wait for it to be as good as it can be and have a late release, rather than rushed and half done, but released on time/early.

That theory is false because Waninkoko is Spain and speaks spain where WiiGator is German and speaks german. Waninkoko != Wiigator

But both are great guys
wink.gif

ZarathustraX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
Calm down. You lot sound like they've discovered a cure for cancer.

Do we now?

It seems you don't understand how valuable this code is. For me, as a European gamer, this opens many doors I've been banging at for over a year.

Share our joy or keep your party-pooper attitude to your self.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dang, read the thread. just a few pages back would do it. wiigator said mid of november.

zidane_genome said:
OK, everyone, I just got a reply back from WiiGator...

I asked if I could become part of the beta testing...

Here's the reply;

Thanks for wanting to be part of the beta team, but I've got enough right now. And to answer your question of when the next release will be, I'm looking at the 3ed week of November right now. I want to make sure all the code is clean, and well written, and want as many games as can be tested before I let it out in the wild.

There, you go, 3ed week of November, now, stop asking!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F