Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone tell me what CIOS, MIOS and IOS249/21 etc are? I feel noobish for asking but what the hell.
wacko.gif

Sorry if this has been answered before but searching for any of those terms brings up loadsa hits.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EndlessDiversity said:
Miles said:
A public beta is a totally useless idea and will only make developing a quality ISO Loader harder.
Leave him alone.

NO its not useless! if its useless why do most of software company conduct public beta before they release their software?

public ALPHA is completly USELESS because its in early state of development and most likely contain heaps bugs, but
public BETA is better THAN private BETA. public beta will find bugs faster than private beta.

bottom line IT'S not useless!

on topic:

"The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS"

what does it mean by old games? how old is old?

OMG, thank you for making my point so elegantly.

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor Wiigator. Now all the idiots are going to be flooding his blog. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops this due to annoyance.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
knowitall599 said:
Hey, listen. First of all I am not the first person to call anybody a retard on this thread. Second, I am not the only one with this opinion. Third, and most importantly, YOU ARE ON A HACKING WEBSITE!
OK, I'm listening.

You aren't the first person to call someone a retard in the thread - that is indeed a fact.
However, does that constitute you the right to call someone a retard, just because someone has already before?
There's no point in flaming another person. It just spams up the forum, and is no way helpful.

I wish you people could act a bit more civil - it is a discussion about Wiigator's Backup Launcher, not a discussion about whether another member is mentally retarded or not.

Stay on topic, as I will be handing out warnings, and possibly suspensions too.

Be good and stay on topic, everyone. If you ain't got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all - the way I've always been taught.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at it this way.
You have a small group of testers.
They all have different Wiis.
You know what type of Wii they have and you can try to work with them.
There aren't thousands of bug reports that only TWO people can take care of (waninkoko and wiigator).

Now if it went public 90% of the people out there would make tons of threads asking how to get X game to work on the loader. There would next to no bug reports and the guys behind the loader would have to sort through all the crud to get real bugs.

When big companies have open betas they usually log the errors and have them sent to them. Not only that but they have TEAMS of people working on them.

Wiigator's loader has TWO devs that we know of, and I don't think it would be a benefital to have a public beta until the loader is near RC status, and right now it sounds like it's only in the Alpha stages.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
Now if it went public 90% of the people out there would make tons of threads asking how to get X game to work on the loader. There would next to no bug reports and the guys behind the loader would have to sort through all the crud to get real bugs.

Granted, and 90% of those questions would be answered with "burn slower" and "don't use crap media".
But it would also give a greater and faster chance to check for real bugs. It would be much easier to recreate the bugs.

Personally I could care less, it will come when it comes. The gamecube scene waited forever just for a damn mod chip.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hartleyshc said:
Miles said:

Granted, and 90% of those questions would be answered with "burn slower" and "don't use crap media".
But it would also give a greater and faster chance to check for real bugs. It would be much easier to recreate the bugs.

Personally I could care less, it will come when it comes. The gamecube scene waited forever just for a damn mod chip.
I'm just sickened at how many people just want the loader and have NO regards for rules, etiquette, or the developers behind the loader.
That and the fact that the Wii Hacking forum has been flooded with HOW DO I GET THIS GAME TO WORK and various Compatibility threads ever since the leak.

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles, I have to say that you have a point. A really good point. We do not have any manners. This is true. I for one am sorry for this. I will let others speak for themselves. However, the leak was Waninkiko's release not Wiigators.

hyperg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamersvlog.com
XP
Country
United States
Matt Cese said:
frostyfrosty said:
shamone69 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Anyone else think WiiGator needs a website to post info to cut down on posts here?
+1

ummmm

www.wiiloader.com
ummmm...That site is just information that is taken from here, but posted hours later. WiiGator's GBAtemp blog is definately the way to go.
Sorry . but do realize this about the site itself , it's more than just about the wii loader , its about homebrew too . Get it right , and wait , it's not full of stupid posts . I'm not going to be posting old info either so that's why some things aren't there , I'm waiting patiently until something actually gets released before I start putting up my video tutorials and PC apps that I'm making , that just be a waste of effort on the old betas . I'm basically filtering the filth so should appreciate that effort . It definitely isn't a official site , I'd rather it not be because it isn't affiliated with the likes of n00bs , as its run by a vet not just some new kid on the block . Just making that clear .

And also I rather people not constantly post the link in topics here as it is unnecessary , I was given the okay by Costello (Administrator) for signature but not everyone knows this but me , so I hope the people that bring the site up bring it up ONLY if it relates to anything but please don't spam it . Most referrals to the site has come mainly from people typing on Google anyways so clicks from here haven't been too much , so really please again refrain from spamming the site here . Thanks . - HyperG

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
hartleyshc said:
Miles said:

I'm just sickened at how many people just want the loader and have NO regards for rules, etiquette, or the developers behind the loader.
That and the fact that the Wii Hacking forum has been flooded with HOW DO I GET THIS GAME TO WORK and various Compatibility threads ever since the leak.

I couldn't agree with you more, insane how people start acting after a couple days of waiting, and realizing it's not being hand delivered on their plates... just yet.

However, this, upon it's release will show, and prove the true compassion our generous coders have towards the community, and it shows they appreciate how much they are wanted and needed.

About page 100, (just guessing) or so, when the sometimes flaming and desperation started setting in, they would have said 'c-ya'.

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, I can't see it happening, but it would be a hilarious collaborative prank by wiigator/waninkoko to get back at people for the original leaked loader from waninkoko!

--- however, this is not the case, this is the beautiful twin cousin of Jessica Alba, and she's baring a backuploader for the whole lot of us.. one that plays games in nearly full speed!

We can copy our games and keep the originals locked up in a safe place, free from scratches and dents!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If someone or some few were elected/volunteered to blog the public testing by not letting any post through until it is screened to be a legit problem or a legit report of the game and it's compatibility and not a repeat. Then it could atleast be done to the point of being a little more well organized.. Isn't that a very good possibility? Maybe even from the Wiigator blog just started today perhaps?! I mean how much do you really want this to work like it should?! And if as many people out there are volunteering their services to help Wiigator then all we really need is for some volunteers and the GBATemp moderator (who it may so be) to give those few individuals the proper permission to edit the blog/thread then what is the problem?
I don't think anyone would disagree to something like this now would they? I am willing to help the blog/thread...if need be... it could turn out to be a very well moderated thread.. and where else to celebrate the project then here?

lecture.gif

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(BL4Z3D247 @ Oct 22 2008, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Oct 22 2008, 05:29 PM)
WiiGator shouldn't have a public beta. We all know everyone just wants the beta for there own selfish reasons. I almost got tricked into letting someone use the beta. (They don't though ) It should remain private but this is all up to WiiGator.

there are people that want to actually contribute though, not just to have a faster/better backup launcher sooner... also the final release would come faster, no?

I can name only a handfull.
-------------------------------------------------

Well , umm .. can I be a part of those handful.. i know how to do a lot of thing which involve coding but i am not a kind of guy who likes to talk.. i am more of a person who.. does things and just has 10-15 friend on facebook rather that 200+ friends other people have.

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I must say that I kinda agree with you IronMask. Except that the mods have got alot on their plates the way it is, they would need one person to sit there and be on that topic or blog ALL day long in order to ween out the "retards". (I HATE that word.) Otherwise we would have 222+ pages of crap to sort through. Personally I don't mind waiting for a more finalized release. Patience!

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
feidhlim1986 said:
Could someone tell me what CIOS, MIOS and IOS249/21 etc are? I feel noobish for asking but what the hell.
wacko.gif

Sorry if this has been answered before but searching for any of those terms brings up loadsa hits.

Finally found out how to use the quote function.

Ok .

CIOS is a Custom IOS (A Operating System for the Wii). This CIOS doesn't interfere with the actual / original Nintendo IOS(s).

MIOS is a Gamecube Compatibility Layer for the Wii. It is a small amout of ARM Code that runs when gamecube games are launched. It runs instead of a IOS.

IOS249 is the thing Custom IOS is installed in. (example: Nintendo installs their IOS(s) in IOS36 and IOS37 and many other ones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch