MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
asked this yesterday but so many pages have been added since then and i cant find it sorry lol.

4 questions

with the new cIOS_fix.wad, do i need to uninstall the old cIOS36 one before i install it?

also, with launcher 0.2 do you need to have DVDx installed still or can it be taken off?

finally, (mainly at dj taz) is the launcher channel in the zip in your signature wiigators version or waninkokos? not that it matters too much coz i guess they both work.

ZELDA TP PAL. sent the iso using the dumper, patched it, tryed it on force pal 60 and without and it doesnt seem to load past the first black screen after the wii remote warning. is it just a super long loading time or does it just plain not work? i did the exact same thing with mario galaxy and it works perfectly besides the diving fix, is that fixed with 0.2?

AND i'd also like to know about the question above too, i'd love to put custom songs on GH3 without a chip lol.

cheers

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mikeyt1998 said:
asked this yesterday but so many pages have been added since then and i cant find it sorry lol.

4 questions

with the new cIOS_fix.wad, do i need to uninstall the old cIOS36 one before i install it?

also, with launcher 0.2 do you need to have DVDx installed still or can it be taken off?

finally, (mainly at dj taz) is the launcher channel in the zip in your signature wiigators version or waninkokos? not that it matters too much coz i guess they both work.

ZELDA TP PAL. sent the iso using the dumper, patched it, tryed it on force pal 60 and without and it doesnt seem to load past the first black screen after the wii remote warning. is it just a super long loading time or does it just plain not work? i did the exact same thing with mario galaxy and it works perfectly besides the diving fix, is that fixed with 0.2?

AND i'd also like to know about the question above too, i'd love to put custom songs on GH3 without a chip lol.

cheers

No;
0.2 was never released, so yes, for now, you still need DVDx. v0.3 won't need it, though, but I guess WiiGator will explain what to do with it later;
What version of the Launcher are you using for your Zelda TP? The one with the blue or red menu?
I dunno about djtaz's sign and GH3 customs. :/

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sess said:
No;
0.2 was never released, so yes, for now, you still need DVDx. v0.3 won't need it, though, but I guess WiiGator will explain what to do with it later;
What version of the Launcher are you using for your Zelda TP? The one with the blue or red menu?
I dunno about djtaz's sign and GH3 customs. :/

hmm, i downloaded a zip out of dj taz's sig which has the same files as 0.1 but includes a wad called cIOS_fix in it. what exactly does the fix do? it also has a file called BackupLoaderChannel0.2.wad so whats that?

and i just use the gold disc channel launcher.wad that came with the first. if you explain what you mean by blue or red menu i'll be able to go find out quickly. but what difference does it make?

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mikeyt1998 said:
hmm, i downloaded a zip out of dj taz's sig which has the same files as 0.1 but includes a wad called cIOS_fix in it. what exactly does the fix do? it also has a file called BackupLoaderChannel0.2.wad so whats that?

and i just use the gold disc channel launcher.wad that came with the first. if you explain what you mean by blue or red menu i'll be able to go find out quickly. but what difference does it make?

I dunno exactly what the fix does, but it does, indeed, fixes some compatibility issues.

You're probably using Waninkoko's launcher or WiiGator's first version. Got Homebrew Channel installed? If so, boot this and force to PAL60 again, but before that, make sure you got that cios_fix installed.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sess said:
You're probably using Waninkoko's launcher or WiiGator's first version. Got Homebrew Channel installed? If so, boot this and force to PAL60 again, but before that, make sure you got that cios_fix installed.

i'm using one that has wii backup launcher 0.1 at the top surrounded by a red banner. then it has a blue border with black in the middle where the text is shown.

what version of the launcher is in the link? thought there wasnt a newer version just yet?
thanks for the help btw
smile.gif

@ loesjoel is the blue banner an updated version or something then that just fixes a few things?

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only version you have is 0.1, the 0.2 is in relation to the actual Channel version, maybe it was updated with the fix or what not.

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
loesjoel said:
To any beta testers, I have one simple compatibility question:

With new versions of the backup launcher, can Guitar Hero games be played with the song and note chart being properly in sync?

I have a Guitar Hero custom with V1 with the cios-fix, you just need to adjust the lag once in a while. Works perfectly fine.

leonheart_a

Trophies
XP
Country
I have gotten permission from Gaisuto to be able to post this every few pages to keep simple questions from being asked. Thanks to zidane for posting this
smile.gif

zidane_genome said:
Wii Music is being reported as relased via GameFAQs in the US... wonder when we'll see a dump of it...

Back to topic...

For those who want to know what's happened in the last 192 pages, here's a quick update;

WiiGator releases 0.1 of his loader, everyone rejoices!
The masses want to know if he'll be working on the next version.
WiiGator says that 0.2 is crap, and being scrapped for 0.3
Videos of the increased load time due to better caching and better compatability due to rewrite of code is released.
(deleted by mod, nothing to see here, move along) - we aren't going to get into this, as the Mods have forbade us to.
Linkinworm's video of a Menu Loader (app that allows backup discs to be displayed BUT NOT LAUNCHED from the Disc Channel is found, and the masses go wild)

Now we wait PATENTLY, and we DON'T ASK WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED...

There's the last 191 pages summed up... enjoy!

jughead1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone my question is - I have a ntsc wii, with the first wiigator release I could use force ntsc option and play pal games will I still be able to with the new version sorry if this has already been asked. Thanx and as always Peace and white light to all

whittssg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leonheart_a said:
I have gotten permission from Gaisuto to be able to post this every few pages to keep simple questions from being asked. Thanks to zidane for posting this
smile.gif

zidane_genome said:
Wii Music is being reported as relased via GameFAQs in the US... wonder when we'll see a dump of it...

Back to topic...

For those who want to know what's happened in the last 192 pages, here's a quick update;

Videos of the increased load time due to better caching and better compatability due to rewrite of code is released.
(deleted by mod, nothing to see here, move along) - we aren't going to get into this, as the Mods have forbade us to.
Linkinworm's video of a Menu Loader (app that allows backup discs to be displayed BUT NOT LAUNCHED from the Disc Channel is found, and the masses go wild)

Shouldnt the line "Videos of the increased load time...." Say "Videos of the decreased load time...."

leonheart_a

Trophies
XP
Country
whittssg said:
leonheart_a said:
smile.gif

zidane_genome said:

Back to topic...

Shouldnt the line "Videos of the increased load time...." Say "Videos of the decreased load time...."

Good point...I'll ask zidane if i can edit it or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: meh stats, but amazing in execution