spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkdsguy said:
RockmanForte said:
Now, I understand. Thanks.

I just wish that someone would have a program to run gamecube backup just like Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma.
tongue.gif

It will be done I'm sure of it

Yeah, I really hope so. Thanks for replying. *thumb up*

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
McGyver said:
As a slight noob, I'd add that MLB Power Pros 2008 doesn't work, loads opening then "there is an error ...".
Kawasaki Snowmobiles works.
Ratatouille does not, again with the "there was an error ..."

On the two that do not work, I've burned on Maxell -R, Verbatim -R, TDK -R and Sony +R.

With 0.3g, and downgraded to 3.2.

I've heard that MLP 2008 does work, but I'm at a loss to get it to on my side.

You are still using 0.3 beta, you need to install the cIOS of 0.3 gamma.

One remark to the GameCube discussion:
I sent the source code for starting GameCube games on Wii to ppc_gba. It is not possible to run the games, because the games use the wrong DVD command to read the DVD. I don't know, if he was able to get around the problems. I haven't yet tried to get this working
I patched the MIOS and there is no further patch required for MIOS, because this will not help in any way.
What you currently could do is: Accessing DVD with Homebrew software in GameCube mode. So you could watch a DVD in GameCube mode. I don't what sense this will make, because you can this already in Wii mode, but it is possible.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiGator said:
What you currently could do is: Accessing DVD with Homebrew software in GameCube mode. So you could watch a DVD in GameCube mode. I don't what sense this will make, because you can this already in Wii mode, but it is possible.
Booting GC homebrew in general is interesting, because it enables launching backups through an SD Gecko. There are other tools for this, but I can't get it to work.

zabdiel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have read the 20 page by page of this discussion and i didn't find my answer. I started downgrading my wii this morning at 10am. it is already 6:27am so i have being almost 24Hours on it and i haven't finish doing it well.

So when i try to install the CIOS installer with the sonic logo it start loading all the 15 files telling me (OK) and at the end i get some weird error telling me
that he failed:

es_addcontentstart (a bunch of numbers but it doesn't let me write them it turn off fast)failed : -1017

install returned -1

and it auto restart the wii.

I watched a loooooooot of tutorials on youtube and read a lot of forums and i still get this error and i haven't found anyone with it except some one that had it on youtube and nobody answered to him.

Im currently on the 3.2U and i think my homebrew channel is 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18 if u needed the info.

I really need your help, thank you!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zabdiel22 said:
I have read the 20 page by page of this discussion and i didn't find my answer. I started downgrading my wii this morning at 10am. it is already 6:27am so i have being almost 24Hours on it and i haven't finish doing it well.

So when i try to install the CIOS installer with the sonic logo it start loading all the 15 files telling me (OK) and at the end i get some weird error telling me
that he failed:

es_addcontentstart (a bunch of numbers but it doesn't let me write them it turn off fast)failed : -1017

install returned -1

I watched a loooooooot of tutorials on youtube and read a lot of forums and i still get this error and i haven't found anyone with it except some one that had it on youtube and nobody answered to him.

Im currently on the 3.2U and i think my homebrew channel is 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18 if u needed the info.

I don't know for sure, but i think you need the "IOS downgrader" or something. Your Wii displays 3.2, but you aren't able to install a trucha signed file, so the IOS file you use to execute the cIOS installer is still on the new version without trucha bug. You could use a IOS16 Wad Manager to install a cIOS.wad too, but don't ask me where to get such a wad as posting such isn't allowed here.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you started with a ver 3.3 wii all you needed to do was run wad manger 1.3(from the Homebrew channel) install wiigaters custom IOS and you would of been able to install wads and stuff. I did this for my cousins wii. I thought at first I would of had to downgrade his wii but as it turns out I didn't have too.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maikel Steneker said:
WiiGator said:
Booting GC homebrew in general is interesting, because it enables launching backups through an SD Gecko. There are other tools for this, but I can't get it to work.

For starting I use the Wii GameCube Homebrew Launcher.

Isanta

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have installed Homebrew channel, and the other loaders, but I don't understand how to install Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma..
It says "Install new cIOS. Make sure its properly installed", but where on the SD-card shall I put the files, and where do I go to install the new cIOS?

wannacrack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the files in the same place you put the other loaders and programs; in individual folders in the apps folder. Then go into homebrew channel, load cios installer. Done!

Isanta

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
wannacrack said:
Put the files in the same place you put the other loaders and programs; in individual folders in the apps folder. Then go into homebrew channel, load cios installer. Done!

Thank you, it worked.
smile.gif

duveldg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Wiigator,

Nice work, its all easy to install and even easyer to use. Keep up the good work. I'm just curious but can we expect a update for the launcher or the cios or both any time soon?

Its working very good right now but maybe you just improved things.

Thx again.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont think theres a whole lot to improve on the gamma version , but i believe he is still working on this and has a few more ideas to improve it - but the one thats out is pretty fantastic as it is.

Isanta

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
djtaz said:
Dont think theres a whole lot to improve on the gamma version , but i believe he is still working on this and has a few more ideas to improve it - but the one thats out is pretty fantastic as it is.

It helped me with my problem. ;p

jdini76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
zabdiel22 said:

that he failed:

install returned -1

I don't know for sure, but i think you need the "IOS downgrader" or something. Your Wii displays 3.2, but you aren't able to install a trucha signed file, so the IOS file you use to execute the cIOS installer is still on the new version without trucha bug. You could use a IOS16 Wad Manager to install a cIOS.wad too, but don't ask me where to get such a wad as posting such isn't allowed here.

I am having the same problem except i am on wii 3.3u. I am using homebrew version 1.0.1. Any suggestions? A freind of mine has his working and has the same version of wii. I don't get it!

duveldg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djtaz said:

That's true, but I thought he maybe could get 6x support or is that somehow impossible? I did read somewhere that the speed only could be faster when we could change de drives firmware? He's is doing the best he can en did a great job so far. I'm happy with the way things are.

shameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi. I have a question. When the backup loader came on the internet i downloaded it (the very first one), think it was backup loader 0.1
Now i would like to upgrade to backup launcher 0.3 gamma, but i don't know if i have to downgrade or if i have to do anything before installing the cios etc...
Can anyone help me plz? Thanx!!

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shameboy said:
Hi. I have a question. When the backup loader came on the internet i downloaded it (the very first one), think it was backup loader 0.1
Now i would like to upgrade to backup launcher 0.3 gamma, but i don't know if i have to downgrade or if i have to do anything before installing the cios etc...

What do u mean with downgrade? If u have changed your Wiis System Menu to 3.4 u'll have to downgrade.
If ur Wii System is still 3.2 or 3.3 you don't have to...
U can simply install the newer cios over ur old one and replace the dol of the 0.1 with the 0.3 gamma....

shameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
--=ZerO=-- said:
shameboy said:

What do u mean with downgrade? If u have changed your Wiis System Menu to 3.4 u'll have to downgrade.
If ur Wii System is still 3.2 or 3.3 you don't have to...
U can simply install the newer cios over ur old one and replace the dol of the 0.1 with the 0.3 gamma....

So i just have to download the backup launcher 0.3 gamma files and put them on my SD card, then if it asks to replace something, can u say: yes to all? or do i need some old files to make it work? The first backup loader worked so i don't think i have to downgrade my wii... just need to be able to play new games 'cause the first one doesn't support them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY