Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkdsguy said:
What i can do if a game ask me to update the Wii? and My Wii is NTSC-U, if I will play an PAL or NTSC-J game i have to do something to the iso before burn it?

Don't update it, use Starfall to install the "Skip Update in Disc Channel" thing.
happy.gif

Nautilart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im not complaining or anything close its worth it completely but ive noticed that since my use of gamma iv been hearing a minute click as the drive spins it was not there before and im not beating my drive with gameplay i know its old news but it just should be blasted if its a widespread thing no ones gonna care if no one keeps complaining but thats just it you rock gator im not complaining didn't even pay full price for my wii so its not that much of a loss

edit: so freakin what if i dont use periods im still not gonna so stfu grammer coach
i bet you stole everygame dkelly didnt ya

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nautilart said:
so im not complaining or anything close its worth it completely but ive noticed that since my use of gamma iv been hearing a minute click as the drive spins it was not there before and im not beating my drive with gameplay i know its old news but it just should be blasted if its a widespread thing no ones gonna care if no one keeps complaining but thats just it you rock gator im not complaining didn't even pay full price for my wii so its not that much of a loss

LMAO

wow... how amazingly unreadable english becomes when it has absolutely no punctuation or capitalization its like someone didnt go to school maybe playing too many games and not paying attention in english class or just rushing maybe when this was written and the way it still makes sense is really wierd... ;-)

sorry - had to say SOMETHING about it, that was like pulling teeth to read!

Back to the point: I personally haven't had any strange new sounds from my dvd drive since using gamma (and I use around 120 games pretty much 20 hours per week, probably less than many users but certainly a good consistent usage...)

Cheers!

Soplox

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TriLLioN said:
Don't update it, use Starfall to install the "Skip Update in Disc Channel" thing.
happy.gif

Is too risky what about wiibrickbloker or IOSPatcher? And can the loader run any region game or i have to do something to the iso (regionfrii, etc)?

Sorry for being so noob

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Moon_child said:
Is there even a next version coming? What else could they add?...

Optimised disc reading? (no i don't mean 6x)
IOS Version patching on the fly?
main.dol patches on the fly? (for improved region free capability for example)
A cIOS based on IOS55? (WiiGator already told that he is working at this)
Fix Sam & Max?

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkdsguy said:
TriLLioN said:
happy.gif

Is too risky what about wiibrickbloker or IOSPatcher? And can the loader run any region game or i have to do something to the iso (regionfrii, etc)?

Sorry for being so noob

How could it be risky? Starfall doesn't brick your wii right? You just run it, press B+1 two times or more, then you install the "Skip Update" thing for the disc channel by pressing "+" on your WiiMote. Just don't play any games from another region, like if you're in NTSC-U, play only on that region. You could also use brickblocker I guess since it makes it not possible to brick your Wii. lol
tongue.gif

McGyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a slight noob, I'd add that MLB Power Pros 2008 doesn't work, loads opening then "there is an error ...".
Kawasaki Snowmobiles works.
Ratatouille does not, again with the "there was an error ..."

On the two that do not work, I've burned on Maxell -R, Verbatim -R, TDK -R and Sony +R.

With 0.3g, and downgraded to 3.2.

I've heard that MLP 2008 does work, but I'm at a loss to get it to on my side.

BLKadder

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I've used Backup launcher 0.3b to play my custom Guitar Hero DVDs (Since GeckoOS stopped working after update).
The new Gamma version gives me a DVD read error on all custom DVDs.
I'm running CIOS 36 rev6, and didn't use the CIOS Installer that came with BL.

It's obviously NOT a problem with the media.

humanicebox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice work wiigator!
I have a couple of ideas and was wondering if they're possible.

1. Have automatic updates for wiigator from the wifi.

2. A save/load state system for wii games. this might also help people get past parts of the games that wont load.

3. support for private servers since I'm guessing nintendo will crack down soon and force new updates for people who want to play online.

4. An .ini file to set default settings for things like force NTSC, so I don't have to do it every time.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
RockmanForte said:
Can you run gamecube back up on this Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma for Wii ? Thanks.

If you have a modchip then yes.

Then what's the point for Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma if you have a modchip to run Wii backup and gamecube backup anyway ?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RockmanForte said:
WiiPower said:
RockmanForte said:
Can you run gamecube back up on this Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma for Wii ? Thanks.

If you have a modchip then yes.

Then what's the point for Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma if you have a modchip to run Wii backup and gamecube backup anyway ?

???

To run gamecube backups with gamma you need a modchip. I said nothing about wii backups.

StrikeFear13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get where the confusion is. You can play gamecube AND wii backups with a mod chip, but ONLY wii backups with the WII backup loader. Hope that helps the confusion. There is no point in having the backup loader if you've got a mod chip. Handy for people without one though.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I understand. Thanks.

I just wish that someone would have a program to run gamecube backup just like Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma.
tongue.gif

DaveFX

Trophies
XP
Country
BLKadder said:
I've used Backup launcher 0.3b to play my custom Guitar Hero DVDs (Since GeckoOS stopped working after update).
The new Gamma version gives me a DVD read error on all custom DVDs.
I'm running CIOS 36 rev6, and didn't use the CIOS Installer that came with BL.

It's obviously NOT a problem with the media.

I had the same problem.

You must use the CIOS installer that come with Backup Launcher. Even more: you must use the same CIOS installer version than Backup launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here