Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi All,
I have the same issue :
QUOTE said:
all the error messages were the same but couldn't quite make it out because almost all the letters were overlaped (DVD something).. i used the cios that came with backup launcher0.3beta

I have test DVD+R and -R media that worked on a yaosm-wii.

The problem occurs on a 3.1e system. The CIOS I installed is that one :
MD5 a3fec9280cde7d955b061ed32c75aec3 cIOS_Installer/boot.dol

Thank you if you have any idea...

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apu2009 said:
theman060606 said:
Thanks for the tip on not using TDK discs. I already have a spindle of Verbatim discs on order.
To shorten my original question: If I already updated to 3.3U and have IOS 247 running, is it true that I need to uninstall that IOS prior to installing this V3 loader? If so, won't I have problems loading the new IOS having a 3.3U updated wii? How do I proceed installing the v3 loader and its associated IOS from my current state? Thanks.

It wouldn't hurt following the guide I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. You wouldn't have to erase anything either. I just installed what was listed there, and if I happened to have one particular thing already, then I'd just be installing over it. Give it a shot, it just might work
smile.gif

As for discs, I have had zero problems with Fuji DVD-Rs
wink.gif

Thanks for the replies. I followed the same guide as Apu2009 and my backups are running flawlessly.

g8k33p3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok, so if there's somekind of incomptability with the 3.1E.(ios/firmware!?), what should i upgrade to and how would i do that without an internet connection? i bought the lan adapter but it doesn't seem to work... i have a pc and xbox360 on the same network working fine. anyways, congrats on the site. nice to have people helping out and no insults flying around for no reason like what i've come across the last few days...
keep it up
grog.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All firmwares before 3.3 are good ones. For backup launchers it doesn't matter which firmware you have. The changes between them are in the IOS files, but with the backup launchers you use the custom IOS.

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Wiigator
I know gamma release is comming(i hope today,lol)but could you explain why decripted games do not work with rebooter for the disc channel?
I m tired to read explanations from other people!
I work in night time in Paris so i go now and come back at 3am and i will check again for your release!!!(like every days:))
I hope if is not release to night at least you will respond to my message!

I wish i was a coder or a beta tester so i can help you.

thank s again for doing this on your free time,

Cedwii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cedwii said:
@Wiigator
I know gamma release is comming(i hope today,lol)but could you explain why decripted games do not work with rebooter for the disc channel?
I m tired to read explanations from other people!
I work in night time in Paris so i go now and come back at 3am and i will check again for your release!!!(like every days:))
I hope if is not release to night at least you will respond to my message!

I wish i was a coder or a beta tester so i can help you.

thank s again for doing this on your free time,

Cedwii

I'm not Wiigator, obviously, but i will will try to explain. My suggestion is, when the rebooter was used, the wii will use the cIOS instead of the nintendo IOS to detect and run games. For the cIOS 1:1 copies and originals look the same, but decrypted games look different and different code is needed to load these games. It seems as this different code can't be switched in the CIOS at the moment, it has to be switched by the loader. The loader in this case is the disc channel, and i think it would be to complicated to change it to run decrypted games, or even impossible.

g8k33p3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hi, me again...
i've been really trying to get this to work so i tried Waninkoko's cios36_rev6 this time instead of the cios that came zipped with backup loader 0.3 beta. i succesfully istalled it, but still not able to get those games to run with the backup loader... i'm really desperate... u guys make it sound so easy that i'm frustrated.. keep getting the overlapped "DVD ...%#!&€... DVD" error... pictures anyone!?

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g8k33p3r said:
hi, me again...
i've been really trying to get this to work so i tried Waninkoko's cios36_rev6 this time instead of the cios that came zipped with backup loader 0.3 beta. i succesfully istalled it, but still not able to get those games to run with the backup loader... i'm really desperate... u guys make it sound so easy that i'm frustrated.. keep getting the overlapped "DVD ...%#!&€... DVD" error... pictures anyone!?
use noobwarrior7's 3 in one starter pack, follow this thread, its on the first post: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...p;#entry1529161

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here is video, that shows how to use the next version with the disc channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGU52_ttd9o&fmt=18

The videos are made by a tester. The language text is cutted by graphic glitch. This doesn't happen on my Wii. Does anyone had this problem also with the newer G****OS?

The video shows the changed compatibilty in the next version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwAuPmOud6A&fmt=18

@cedwii
Decrypted games don't work with the disc channel, because there is only the game partition included and opening of partitions is not supported by the cIOS. The removed stuff need to be simulated, there may not be enough space, so additional SD memory could be required. This is currently not within my scope.

batmanfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, good work WiiGator.

I've got the same issue that g8k33p3r.

So if you have the answer.. we take
biggrin.gif

If not, I gonna burn some candles et make a dance.

Thank you all !

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
Also talk about the games Decrypted, only a charge of 1:1 or copies may also created with the backup creator?
Right now I have many doubts, forgiveness for the inconvenience

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:

The videos are made by a tester. The language text is cutted by graphic glitch. This doesn't happen on my Wii. Does anyone had this problem also with the newer G****OS?

@cedwii
Decrypted games don't work with the disc channel, because there is only the game partition included and opening of partitions is not supported by the cIOS. The removed stuff need to be simulated, there may not be enough space, so additional SD memory could be required. This is currently not within my scope.

And now. We wait. FOR 8 YEARS.

OHOHOHOHOHOH GOT YOU. ;D

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
one quick question: are you going to provide the files for an offline installation of the new cIOS, like you did for beta?
I have wifi, but I had lots of problems installing the shop shannel update because it had to download files, and kept giving me errors at that point. If an offline installation will be possible it'll be easier and quicker.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TyrianCubed said:
one quick question: are you going to provide the files for an offline installation of the new cIOS, like you did for beta?
I have wifi, but I had lots of problems installing the shop shannel update because it had to download files, and kept giving me errors at that point. If an offline installation will be possible it'll be easier and quicker.

It is the same as before.

@Thor1981
trucha signed discs will work. I don't understand the other questions.

Asahy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Congratulations to all the members of the group that are involved to the launcher. You made a good job.
bow.gif
bow.gif

Take your time. Better to do things right, no hurry.
grog.gif

What's the difference between launching the games in disc channel and in the backup launcher??
blink.gif

mrnull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I apparently got the Oct. 23rd update. When I try to install this CIOS, I get an error. Should I wait, or try the down-grader?

Oreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asahy,

Nothing is the difference i believe, other then you don't have to enter the loader and you get to see the semi entertaining boot banners in the disk channel. (i am not a tester, but this is my understanding of it so far)

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiGator said:

@cedwii

@Wiigator
Thank you for your answer in first place,
great vidéo and again i hope next time it will be the download link,lol,
take your time i m sure you gonne make a amazing stuff like the two precedent ones!!
It s crasy in fwew week s the work you made,and very nice to share with everybody your work for free!
shuss mate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it