Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiigee said:
so, hows the public beta testing going?,

its been out for a week now and i was wondering if it has provided a plan of action for an update?, or has it turned into a garbled mess?

is there a colation of problems bing created?

i personally am over the moon with the beta release so far, i can see my sons eyes now lighting up on xmas morning!!
I think this is a fantastic proof-of-concept. I can't wait to see how far they take this in the future. And I do hope that the problems highlighted thus-far are surmountable.

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to update on the issues I was having. They're all fixed =D!
I followed this guide here, which was incredibly helpful and completely solved the problem. After following those steps, I went back to WiiGator's original instructions and was able to install his cIOS with no problems whatsoever. I can safely report that Wii Music boots great
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for all the replies everyone
smile.gif

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I think it was a good idea to release a public beta since we all conducted lots of tests and are giving our feedback to Wiigator and his team. I hope our testing will be helpful for them in developing future releases.

plus, probably has stopped some people whining about its release, since they have something in their hands right now LOL
smile.gif

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got what I assumed to be an untouched backup of Mario Galaxy. Burned at 6x in IMGburn, and it runs just about as well as the original. Flawless.

So I'm thinking that the trouble I was having comes from the rest of the disks being patched for mod-chips and whatnot, as per the suggestion of someone around here whose name I forget.
tongue.gif
I've gotten the best results from untouched ISOs.

At any rate, good times. Waninkoko and Wiigator both rock. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Alright, since I'm new to all this, I downloaded Brickblocker and patched a Pal Mario Kart ISO to keep from downloading the update and screwing up my NTSC Wii. I didn't keep the ISO around after I patched it, and unfortunately it seems like the Brickblocker patch is keeping the game from running in this loader. So what I'd like to know is if there's a way to say, rip the ISO back to my HDD (I know how to do that much) and somehow remove the Brickblocker patch. I know that's probably far-fetched, but it would save me a lot of trouble if it is possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

lasteclispe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question I downloaded this about two days ago and installed it but I wanted to know what version of the cios is included?

I looks through the downloaded files and I saw a version # nowhere.

Nautilart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont own very many games but the ones i do i backed up to try and they worked like a charm just one question though does this adversely affect my wiis hardware in any way? And i dont quite understand the forcing options do i just play with them untill i find some settings that work or what? Thanks great project by the way now i can play my backups and save my main copies for when my kids plays godzilla with my games tower!

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
as far as I know you shouldn't worry about brickblock your ISOs before burning them because the loader automatically blocks the updates from the disc. Read the FAQs anyway, I take no responsibility
tongue.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi wiigator, thanks very much for your backup loader, its works excellently with my PAL games
smile.gif

I have just one NTSC game downloaded though, and I am in the PAL region using a PAL Wii. I am trying to play Wii Music, and whilst it works fine, it outputs on my TV a little fuzzy and in black and white. I understand this is because my TV doesn't support NTSC. I tried FORCE PAL60 and PAL50 options of your backup launcher, but this emits a green screen. Is there any advice you can give me, or is this game just incompatible with FORCE PAL60/50?

Thanks for any help.
smile.gif

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
Hello friends,
I have a question, to install the service 247 tengoque uninstall the service 249? I will have any problem with the compatibility of games?

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thor1981 said:
Hello friends,
I have a question, to install the service 247 tengoque uninstall the service 249? I will have any problem with the compatibility of games?

I'm not sure what you mean by that... if I'm understanding your question correctly, then yes, you have to uninstall cIOS 249 to be able to install the cIOS that comes with the Backup Loader (although someone else should confirm this).

Para dejartelo claro: Si, se supone que tienes que desinstalar el cIOS 249 para poder instalar el cIOS que viene con el Backup Launcher de WiiGator. (Si es que malinterprete tu pregunta, escribela en Español y te puedo responder
smile.gif
)

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read each of the posts and replies sent by apu2009 with great interest but still have some questions or need for clarifications. It seems I am in the same boat apu2009 was in (I have HBC running, IOS 247 and various IOS fixes, shop channel updates, etc) and have an NTSC wii updated to 3.3U. I haven't been able to get the original wiigator backup loader working (keep getting DVD Region error; I know that this is most likely a burn issue but have tried several burns at 2.4 and 1 speeds on TDK DVD-R disks using IMGBurn 2.4 but get the same error) and hope that the latest v3 loader will work properly and with better performance and game compatibility. I read that the latest wiigator v3 loader needs a newer IOS and that IOS can't be installed without first uninstalling the old IOS using AnyTitleDeleter, but then I read that uninstalling an older IOS on a 3.3U updated wii will prevent new IOS installations. So apu2009's fix was to follow RadioShow's instructions above, but those instructions seem to be geared for wii's with no older IOS's installed. My question: should I attempt to follow RadioShow's instructions and copy the new IOS over the old one, or somehow erase everything, start from scratch and follow Radioshow's instructions to get a proper IOS installed, then follow the instructions to get the v3 loader running? If starting from scratch is the best option, how do I delete the right stuff from the wii?
Thanks for all for the hard work in making this stuff available and the information I have found here.
Edit: sorry for the novel; just want to be clear...

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
apu2009 said:
Thor1981 said:
Hello friends,

I'm not sure what you mean by that... if I'm understanding your question correctly, then yes, you have to uninstall cIOS 249 to be able to install the cIOS that comes with the Backup Loader (although someone else should confirm this).

Para dejartelo claro: Si, se supone que tienes que desinstalar el cIOS 249 para poder instalar el cIOS que viene con el Backup Launcher de WiiGator. (Si es que malinterprete tu pregunta, escribela en Español y te puedo responder
smile.gif
)

Ok, Para instalar cIOS 247 tengo que desinstalarel cIOS 249? Tendré algun problema de compatibilidad de Juegos con el nuevo cIOS?
Gracias

Flagcarrier

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also seem to be suffering from the problem which makes two error messages overlap, "No DVD" and "DVD Identify failed" when trying to boot any game backup'ed in the Backup Loader channel.

I'm running 3.2E and have installed the "safe 3.3". I hope this is easy to fix.

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Flagcarrier said:
I also seem to be suffering from the problem which makes two error messages overlap, "No DVD" and "DVD Identify failed" when trying to boot any game backup'ed in the Backup Loader channel.

I'm running 3.2E and have installed the "safe 3.3". I hope this is easy to fix.

I followed this guide here when I was getting that problem:
Guide

Then once I was done with that, I went on to install WiiGator's Loader by following his instructions
smile.gif

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiigator
wii don t hear about you anymore for a long time now,are you still ok?
Just give us some news mate,and thank s again the 0.3 is very good,i m surprise most of the games work when their are decripted, i hope you find a way out to minor compability problems!
Is it a cios pb?
Did you have more test with disc channel?
Shuss!!
Cedwii!!

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
theman060606 said:
I have read each of the posts and replies sent by apu2009 with great interest but still have some questions or need for clarifications. It seems I am in the same boat apu2009 was in (I have HBC running, IOS 247 and various IOS fixes, shop channel updates, etc) and have an NTSC wii updated to 3.3U. I haven't been able to get the original wiigator backup loader working (keep getting DVD Region error; I know that this is most likely a burn issue but have tried several burns at 2.4 and 1 speeds on TDK DVD-R disks using IMGBurn 2.4 but get the same error) and hope that the latest v3 loader will work properly and with better performance and game compatibility. I read that the latest wiigator v3 loader needs a newer IOS and that IOS can't be installed without first uninstalling the old IOS using AnyTitleDeleter, but then I read that uninstalling an older IOS on a 3.3U updated wii will prevent new IOS installations. So apu2009's fix was to follow RadioShow's instructions above, but those instructions seem to be geared for wii's with no older IOS's installed. My question: should I attempt to follow RadioShow's instructions and copy the new IOS over the old one, or somehow erase everything, start from scratch and follow Radioshow's instructions to get a proper IOS installed, then follow the instructions to get the v3 loader running? If starting from scratch is the best option, how do I delete the right stuff from the wii?
Thanks for all for the hard work in making this stuff available and the information I have found here.
Edit: sorry for the novel; just want to be clear...

Hi,

I tried using TDK DVD's and to be blunt they are a waste of money. I went back to Verbatim DVD-R's and my backups are working again. I found MR DVD discs worked 50% of the time but honestly Verbatim discs are the way to go and it really is worth buying them.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I signed up to this forum just to say to Wiigator that .3 is awesome. Considering this is a beta, I can't wait to see what the final release can do. Most of my backups are running as fast as the original, amazing!

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cedwii said:
wiigator
wii don t hear about you anymore for a long time now,are you still ok?
Just give us some news mate,and thank s again the 0.3 is very good,i m surprise most of the games work when their are decripted, i hope you find a way out to minor compability problems!
Is it a cios pb?
Did you have more test with disc channel?
Shuss!!
Cedwii!!

The next version will be called Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma:
- It will use the newer G****OS
- It includes support for the rebooter, so 1:1 backups are working with the disc channel (Including newer titles).
- Dual layer may not work.

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" seems to work on NTSC.
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" doesn't work on PAL.

I need more time to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU