Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lecture.gif
Everybody have rumors about what happened and what will happen. Here are the facts:
I was working at backup launcher 0.2. This version was faster, but not fast enough. Backup launcher was not released. I decided it is the wrong approach and switched to 0.3.
Now I am working at backup launcher 0.3. The features are
- Plays games which are decrypted (Most people call this patched).
- Plays games which are unchanged 1:1 backups.
- Drive speed is still 3x. It is so fast that some testers believed it is running at 6x.
- dvdx is not required. You can use dvdx also for playing DVD movies with a different application.
- The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel).
- The number of working decrypted games is smaller and depends on your Wii configuration. EDIT: This assumption may be wrong. I've got a different report from Waninkoko.
- Gamecube backups are not working.
- It installs as IOS249 v6. No uninstall is required if you have v6 or lower.
I've now the problem that I can't reproduce any errors which the testers have. If this continues I will release a version for everybody to test, so I can get a bigger compatibilty matrix.

IF YOU WANT TO USE IT, DON'T MAKE ANY ONLINE UPDATE FROM NINTENDO!

This video is from a tester (I posted this already before):
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16290942FhfBbDSy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=062XG6U7

blakepender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Wiigator for the news

I have a problem which could be fixed (if possible)

I live in the UK, and playing a backup of a different region in EDTV/HDTV flickers really badly

Could that be fixed in the 0.3 version if possible

Thanks Again
biggrin.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the blog update. I've been following this all quite closely lately, so I'd like to take this moment to post here (where you may very well read) what I sent to you in a PM earlier today.
QUOTE said:
Hi there, Wiigator

I'm loesjoel of 0RANGECHiCKEN ( http://www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr / #0RANGECHiCKEN on EFNET ) and I'm interested to know if I could beta test your Backup Launcher for you. I have a pretty extensive collection of backup games (unpatched) that I made when I had a chipped Wii. I also have unlimited access to new releases due to being in a partnership with Ntorrents for my 0RANGECHiCKEN custom injects, so I feel I could really add something valuable to your team of beta testers. Obviously, I know the number one issue with beta testing is the risk of a leak, but as I am the creator of dozens of custom VC games that have been ripped, retagged and stolen from me, I can assure you that I would respect your project like I respect my own and would never consider distributing an unfinished app before it was finished and officially released by you.

As such, I hope my request isn't lost in the flood of PM's you undoubtedly receive around here. I'll look forward to hearing back from you, and hopefully to joining your team.

Thanks.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gaisuto said:
I have a question. When you say older games won't work, do you mean those around the launch period like Twilight Princess, Monkey Ball, Warioware?

I'd guess so since Red Steel ,which was released around the same time, was reported not working by beta testers.
Just a guess though...

Fishbeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To speed up possible testing, I'm going to go ahead and start acquiring ISOs of as many games as possible, and start burning them both patched and unpatched. Have any games specifically that have been causing problems?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fishbeans said:
To speed up possible testing, I'm going to go ahead and start acquiring ISOs of as many games as possible, and start burning them both patched and unpatched. Have any games specifically that have been causing problems?
Someone did mention Red Steel earlier.

dr99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems like dropping the support for the patched games would make everything easier, because then you could concentrate on getting the 1:1 games working fully.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know this has been asked many times, but I want an official answer from you (Wiigator).
Will it boot Gamecube games?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Yes, I know this has been asked many times, but I want an official answer from you (Wiigator).
No it won't.
They are working on the CIOS not the MIOS.
To my knowledge we don't have the much info on the MIOS anyways.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gaisuto said:
I have a question. When you say older games won't work, do you mean those around the launch period like Twilight Princess, Monkey Ball, Warioware?

I mean games that use IOS21 or smaller (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel). To get this working, I need also to patch these IOS versions.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion would be take .3 and release as an as-is public alpha/beta. use the feedback from that and then take .4 back private. Not only will you get a better variety of testing setups, but you get a good idea of who would be good to keep around as a private tester for the next version, while getting everyone who just wants it out of the way freeing up all the various forums to deal with real issues. Regardless of your final decision, thanks for all your hard work and dedication.
Almost forgot any word on if cheating is enabled in .3?

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nin10doFan said:

No. I already tried to enable DVD-R support, but it was not working. The DVD commands are also different. A changed GCOS would be needed.

Fishbeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
I mean games that use IOS21 or smaller (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel). To get this working, I need also to patch these IOS versions.
Both those games have been added to my acquisition queue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.