I was working at backup launcher 0.2. This version was faster, but not fast enough. Backup launcher was not released. I decided it is the wrong approach and switched to 0.3.
Now I am working at backup launcher 0.3. The features are
- Plays games which are decrypted (Most people call this patched).
- Plays games which are unchanged 1:1 backups.
- Drive speed is still 3x. It is so fast that some testers believed it is running at 6x.
- dvdx is not required. You can use dvdx also for playing DVD movies with a different application.
- The number of working 1:1 backups seem to be very high. Old games will not work, because of old IOS (e.g. Twilight Princess and Red Steel).
- The number of working decrypted games is smaller and depends on your Wii configuration. EDIT: This assumption may be wrong. I've got a different report from Waninkoko.
- Gamecube backups are not working.
- It installs as IOS249 v6. No uninstall is required if you have v6 or lower.
I've now the problem that I can't reproduce any errors which the testers have. If this continues I will release a version for everybody to test, so I can get a bigger compatibilty matrix.
IF YOU WANT TO USE IT, DON'T MAKE ANY ONLINE UPDATE FROM NINTENDO!
This video is from a tester (I posted this already before):