Hacking Backup Channel Images (Imitation of Disc Channel)

asthepenguinflie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: The entire package (all my .psd files, a couple compiled versions of the channel etc) has been released. Please go to page 6 to find it.

Ok... So I've spent a while today doing my best to make an almost direct graphical copy of the wii disc channel, but for backups. These are just the images though, as I'm running a mac and have no clue what programs I should be using to create a wad. The images should all be the right size, however I can't be positive. If someone could look at them and let me know, that'd be great.

Also, is it possible that someone link me to a generic "by hand" channel creation tutorial? I see the loop music tutorial etc, but not one about basic channel creation. I keep finding info that involves pc applications, or that assumes prior knowledge and nowhere does there seem to be a definitive guide to follow in order to make a custom channel. However, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I assume I'll have to unpack a wad etc, but I'm admittedly in the dark on all of this. Sorry for asking, I see a lot of people asking for this already, but nowhere have I found anything that actually helps me. I'd prefer not to have to use something like WADder, because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I want to loop music etc.

Anyway, here's the images, feel free to use, critique etc. If there's anything you think I ought to change, let me know. I want to eventually make a matching disc dumper channel as well.

Wii_Backup_Channel_Banner_by_asthepenguinflies.png

Wii_Backup_Channel_Icon_by_asthepenguinflies.png

Wii_Backup_Channel_Logo_by_asthepenguinflies.png

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you post a link to the .dol with the 002 fix and has autoboot, I'll toss it into a WAD for ya...

also, if you want a sound, let me know what you want...

fotd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for making the wad. wish it had the 002 fix, but no autoload thing. Best artwork for any of the launchers.

asthepenguinflie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, it took me a bit of time. Luckily I had already made the wii disc and dvd-r images for some disc covers I use, so it was just a matter of taking some pictures of the disc channel (for reference) and throwing around a few shapes and gradients in photoshop.

Once again, a link to info on how I can pack this into a wad myself would be handy. But thanks zidane for putting it into a wad already!

P.S. For it to imitate the disc channel all it'd need is a bit of a tone to play when you enter it. Shouldn't be too hard. But for now, I think silent is a good idea.

P.S.S. Perhaps we need this: http://rapidshare.com/files/175523289/oo2press1.dol It seems to be the .dol we'd want for this (002 fix, autoboot, press 1 etc).

asthepenguinflie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
Here's the Wii logo bootup sound used in japanese TV spot, it's the one Nintendo uses official to present the Wii logo, pretty sleek and minimalist.

I formated it to use with WADder, no changes needed

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=N9UV8JDL

BTW in wich format do you work, PNG, JPG or BMP? Looks great, good work

I actually make everything in photoshop, or illustrator. It's just that when I finish I tend to save a copy as .png. I'll take a look at the .wav you posted and see what is available. Thanks for that.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When 0RANGECHiCKEN releases their tools for animating channels you can add it. Until then, very nice job. I'm thinking of using the images for my SoftChip loader.
smile.gif

Baklava

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ asthepenguinflies
I would really like a Dutch version. Let me know if you're interested! This is by far the best wii look I've seen on the backup channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F