Hacking backing up your hard drive

quicktruck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got into this within the past week so I really don't know much. I am using a 1.5TB HD and Configurable USB loader. I formatted the hd with FAT32. I loaded some of my games on the hd. It works great but I wanted to make 1 additional copy of the hard drive so that if anything ever happens I wont have to install my games again. When I plug the hard drive into my computer it can not read that anything is on it so I am not sure how to do this. Is it possible to back up the hard drive? One more question, a few of the games won't play off the hard drive and Configurable USB loader won't let me delete them. It wont let you highlight the option for delete. Any idea how to get that working? Thanks

Bosk666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi. the slowest way is to copy each game on your pc with a wbfs manager.

in theory a tool to copy a partiton from one disk to another should do the trick.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To the FAT32: Open configurable usb loader, pres 1 two times and say me which partition is used for the games. If it IS FAT32, then the games should be in a folder called "wbfs".

quicktruck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still having trouble. At first everything y'all said worked as planned. Today I plugged in the drive to the computer and opened Wii backup manager. for some reason my computer says there is an error with the drive, it is corrupt and unreadable and wii manager says that it is 100% full but shows nothing. The drive is no where full either. I can still play all the games on it when it is connected to the wii. I have no idea what is going on. The computer also says it can scan and fix the drive but I am not sure if I click fix it it will try to erase anything needed.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
quicktruck said:
I formatted the hd with FAT32.
When I plug the hard drive into my computer it can not read that anything is on it so I am not sure how to do this.

any pc/os should be able to read fat32
that means there is something seriously wrong with the fs
and a corrupt fs will not get better without intervention
quite the contrary

do this windows drive checking thing (or fsck)
the games you loose were probably fubar already

quicktruck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii backup manager says across the bottom drive f WBFS folder (FAT32)- free 0MB -total 182GB - used 100%. No games are showing up though. That particular partition is actually 465GB too. I ran the system fix and it did not accomplish anything. I still can not open the WBFS folder on the computer. I also ran chkdsk on it and came up with no errors. When I click on WBFS folder on the hard drive in windows it says f:/wbfs is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Every one of the games still works except SSX Blur and Super Smash when the hd is plugged into the wii though. I would like to delete them but the wii does not let me. I am not sure what to do to gain access to them on the computer though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig