Homebrew Backing up HGSS saves - is it possible?

hakujintanuki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I think I posted this in the wrong section before, but here's my problem.

hakujintanuki said:
Hi.

I have Pokemon HeartGold, and I started playing my ROM on my CycloDS because of the convenience (and how long it takes a retail cart to save). But I decided I wanted to start using the PokeWalker, so I wanted to put my sav file onto my retail cart.

First I wanted to back up a sav from the retail cart so I could get the proper name for the save file (and to make sure it works)... and... it doesn't. I'm using Rudolph's 3-in-1 NDS Backup Tool, and it is able to recognize the ROM (and get the name and size), but it says "SAVE Type: Unknown" so it keeps asking me to confirm the cart, take it out and re-set it, but it always has the same problem.

Does anyone know anything about this issue?

It seems like that because the game is using new hardware with the IR port, the sav file isn't in the same location as other DS games.

Does anyone know if there is any homebrew programs that could backup/restore save files from this game?
Or would it be possible to modify rudolph's old programs? (I've heard he doesn't update much anymore)...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
get an ems nds save adaptor, i had problems with pokemon platinum (with rudolph's tool), it wasn't able to take te whole save, it always left the battle videos out, not matter what save size i forced it to. but it worked fine with the ems thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/