Hacking backed up save file not recognized [Gateway]

wiibomb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
recently I tried a rom I dumped for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, I dumped the rom and the save, in fact I have several saves from different times since 100 hrs with the game and up to the 534 hours I have now..

when I try to start the rom with the save I backed up (named with the ID of the game, so gateway can find it) the rom said that the save needs to be reformatted and cannot be used, it reformats itself and then I start with a clean save file.

I tried with with my own dump and also with the scene dump but I find always the same result and I cannot continue my game from Gateway, anyone know a solution for this? or why does this happen?

Commandertemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
recently I tried a rom I dumped for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, I dumped the rom and the save, in fact I have several saves from different times since 100 hrs with the game and up to the 534 hours I have now..

when I try to start the rom with the save I backed up (named with the ID of the game, so gateway can find it) the rom said that the save needs to be reformatted and cannot be used, it reformats itself and then I start with a clean save file.

I tried with with my own dump and also with the scene dump but I find always the same result and I cannot continue my game from Gateway, anyone know a solution for this? or why does this happen?
gateway doesnt have support for any 3ds saves under 4.x; the only card2 game that works iirc is acnl

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China

The bolded sentence is the reason why it's incompatible.
Please read my signature.

Reactions: Maximilious

wiibomb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh thanks for your answer @MelonGx

guess I won't be able to use my save, I just hope that I can restore it to a retail cart if I ever need to

EDIT: just a little question, are we allowed in this forum to ask for a save file?

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Word of advice: Don't dump GW saves from the GW Menu. I use either SaveDataFiler for Card2 games or I copy the .sav files from the root of the large SD and stick 'em on my PC. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong but I think .cia Card1 games (not legit eshop) also have .sav files.

wiibomb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Word of advice: Don't dump GW saves from the GW Menu. I use either SaveDataFiler for Card2 games or I copy the .sav files from the root of the large SD and stick 'em on my PC. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong but I think .cia Card1 games (not legit eshop) also have .sav files.

I don't understand, sorry.. why I shouldn't dump the saves from my retail cart through the gateway menu? does it corrupt the save file in the cartridge?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
oh thanks for your answer @MelonGx

guess I won't be able to use my save, I just hope that I can restore it to a retail cart if I ever need to

EDIT: just a little question, are we allowed in this forum to ask for a save file?
(1)
As my signature explained, if a Post-Oct-2013 retail save is read by GW, it AUTO-CORRUPTS.
If you don't have any backup, then it has gone forever.

To dump a save from Post-Oct-2013 game properly, you shouldn't use GW platform.
Use Pasta / NTR / rxTools + 3DS SysNAND 6.0+ instead.

(2)
http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/game-saves/

wiibomb

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
(1)
As my signature explained, if a Post-Oct-2013 retail save is read by GW, it AUTO-CORRUPTS.
If you don't have any backup, then it has gone forever.

To dump a save from Post-Oct-2013 game properly, you shouldn't use GW platform.
Use Pasta / NTR / rxTools + 3DS SysNAND 6.0+ instead.

(2)
http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/game-saves/

Thanks, I'll do what you said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong