back up save on "pc"? need to move a save from old SD to new

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i really had no idea how to title this thread

basically i was using a gateway and backed up the old internal SD but not specifically the saves with checkpoint/jksv

the console is now cfw so this sd wont function in it at all and has been replaced

when i try to move the save into the identical folder i get "save file corrupted" so i am either doing this part wrong, or it isnt that easy. if i move them all, the game doesnt work. if i move only .sav, i get the corrupted message

how do i get this save back? i even tried installing citra to try and make it use the save but i dont think it quite works that way as it cant locate the game to see the backup in the first place

i'm looking around and it might be a decryption thing?

it is in
\00042200\content\cmd\00000001.cmd
\00042200\content\00000000.tmd
\00042200\content\00000002.app
\00042200\content\00000003.app
\00042200\data\00000001.sav

Last edited by ABGX,

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it looks like decrypting the save is the way to go however, the moveable.sed...i am getting an error on threesd. I think it is because i dont have the correct movable.sed

what would i need to get the correct one?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am getting an error on threesd. I think it is because i dont have the correct movable.sed
Most likely. Did you have from before (old sdcard) or only after you upgraded to a new sd card?
what would i need to get the correct one?
Enter GodMode9, and look at sysnand ctrnand, it's in the private folder, copy it to gm9 out.
I'm not sure if the movable.sed changes when you format the system, or not, but if it does sadly there's nothing you can do.
Though I know for sure that it does when you create a new "Nintendo 3ds" folder.

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yep i did that step and it definitely isnt the right one. i didnt format the old card, but i did have to do a system update with it before i changed card and install cfw

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i really had no idea how to title this thread

basically i was using a gateway and backed up the old internal SD but not specifically the saves with checkpoint/jksv

the console is now cfw so this sd wont function in it at all and has been replaced

when i try to move the save into the identical folder i get "save file corrupted" so i am either doing this part wrong, or it isnt that easy. if i move them all, the game doesnt work. if i move only .sav, i get the corrupted message

how do i get this save back? i even tried installing citra to try and make it use the save but i dont think it quite works that way as it cant locate the game to see the backup in the first place

i'm looking around and it might be a decryption thing?

it is in
\00042200\content\cmd\00000001.cmd
\00042200\content\00000000.tmd
\00042200\content\00000002.app
\00042200\content\00000003.app
\00042200\data\00000001.sav
Gateway saves are stored on the root of the SD and can only be accessed from within Gateway Mode. The files in the Nintendo 3DS folder won't do you much good if you were using games in .3ds format.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway saves are stored on the root of the SD and can only be accessed from within Gateway Mode. The files in the Nintendo 3DS folder won't do you much good if you were using games in .3ds format.
I think he decrypted them with jksm. That's what I did as well. Only one save was lost, etrian odyssey 4's, which was also somehow corrupt with gateway as well.

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
apologies. i did have a gateway but the game in question was an installed cia game

however, ive now given up on this save anyway so it doesnt matter anymore

thanks for the help though!

Reactions: godreborn

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would help if for starters you said what the game actually was. https://hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb/ suggests Mario's Picross?

Certain games use Anti Savegame Restore and will report the save data as corrupted in some cases if you try to copy it from an SD card. The solution is to simply back up the save data with Checkpoint (or JKSM) and then restore it again. I've never heard of that happening with Mario's Picross, but then not a lot of people play that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.