Hacking ...back to the hacking scene.

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well a year or two ago, I tried helping my friend modding his Wii. It got bricked during a downgrade. So I gave him my wii since I have a Xbox 360 anyways. Recently the disc tray stopped working and he doesn't use it any more, so I am getting it back. So now I need to know what to do to keep it up to date. I have a 320gb harddrive coming tomorrow( never used a harddrive before and i'm excited
biggrin.gif
). The wii is either 3.2 or 3.3 U I believe. I modded it using the twilight hack. So all I have to do is get Modmii and it will upgrade my wii to 4.1, give me the newest ios,cIOS(rev21d2x i think), and USNEEK ( not completely sure what this is, but I think it uses the harddrive as the nand)? When using ModMii, do I rehack it or should I not? How do I keep my wii safe through all of this; Bootmii (plz explain how this works since i'm not sure)? I know the wii was able to play CoD: Black Ops and Monster Hunter Tri when he had it.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1) Just upgrade to 4.3.1; it's not like it has any downsides, and you won't have to fiddle with the IOS' to get the Shop Channel working.
2) Yep, ModMii will get you the latest cIOS files and stuff.
3) There's SNEEK and UNEEK, along with the DI module. They both emulate the NAND, but how they do this differs. SNEEK uses the SD Card, while UNEEK uses the USB drive. The DI module allows for game loading (albeit in a weird game format) from the USB drive, regardless of whether SNEEK or UNEEK is being used. There are also "addons" for it, including DIOS-MIOS Lite, which is essentially a GC SD Loader.
4) Yes, use Modmii to re-hack it.
5) Once you upgrade to 4.0+, your boot2 version is v4, which is unhackable. Bootmii must then be installed as an IOS, which is then loaded by the homebrew channel or certain apps. Bootmii just makes a backup of the Wii's internal NAND. It's WAY more useful when it's installed as boot2, and to tell you the truth, I think it's a waste of time. Priiloader is the better option, being selectively loaded through the RESET button at startup and being able to load homebrew apps and the HBC, therefore being able to reverse the bad change you just made.
6) Use Configurable USB Loader, sometimes call CFG-Loader or just CFG.

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, a few more questions.

1. Why re-hack?

2. Will re-cause me to lose any installed WAD's or anyother files?

3. Latest version of ModMii?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gary kiila said:
Thank you, a few more questions.

1. Why re-hack?

It'll get you up to date with All hacks and Nintendo stuff. It's easy with modmii, takes about 10 minutes all together.
There's no harm in rehacking.

2. Will re-cause me to lose any installed WAD's or anyother files?
No

3. Latest version of ModMii?
Look at the Modmii sticky.

http://code.google.com/p/modmii/downloads/...mp;can=2&q=

Gary kiila

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got all the files ready yesterday and am going to re-hack it after school today. Thank you both very much. I really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: