Baby girl mistakes a gun with Wii controller and dies

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
TheDarkSeed said:
Hop2089 said:
There should be free and mandatory IQ and common sense tests for expectant parents.
Half the parents taking the test would get their babies taken away.

In Coventry about 90% of expectant parents would have their babies taken away. But given that most of them are about 14 it's hardly surprising.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
What I would like to know is how a 3 year old girl had the power to shoot a gun? The trigger isn't exactly light enough to pull at that age and if she did manage to pull the trigger it's easier to pull the trigger with the gun pointing AWAY from you.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
What I would like to know is how a 3 year old girl had the power to shoot a gun? The trigger isn't exactly light enough to pull at that age and if she did manage to pull the trigger it's easier to pull the trigger with the gun pointing AWAY from you.

Exactly why I find this entire story fishy as hell. Why?

Reason 1: Who the hell leaves a gun on a table that is easily reachable by a toddler?
Reason 2: How in the WORLD did she even know to shoot the thing? It's not like a button. It takes a considerable amount of strength to pull that trigger, I'm assuming, and I really doubt she had that amount of strength.
Reason 3: Building off of reason 2, how'd she do it WITH IT FACING HER?!

Just watch someone try suing Nintendo out of this. I find this story to reek of fish and shits. Hrmm...

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
triassic911 said:

Reason 1: Who the hell leaves a gun on a table that is easily reachable by a toddler?
Reason 2: How in the WORLD did she even know to shoot the thing? It's not like a button. It takes a considerable amount of strength to pull that trigger, I'm assuming, and I really doubt she had that amount of strength.

Just watch someone try suing Nintendo out of this. I find this story to reek of fish and shits. Hrmm...

Yes!! Unless the child was lifting weights and the wound was at the abdomen! So unless the table was a child's table the gun wound wouldn't have been there!
Why was the SAFETY SWITCH OFF!? Negligence is a tort at least!! Charged with nothing my ass!

EDIT:gun wound*

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
triassic911 said:

1. people who are stupid and obviously don't value the lives of their family
2. guns are known to fire if not handled properly the gun could have possibly been too heavy for the kid to hold and she dropped it and it fired which could explain how it ended up facing her.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
shinkukage09 said:
triassic911 said:

2. guns are known to fire if not handled properly the gun could have possibly been too heavy for the kid to hold and she dropped it and it fired which could explain how it ended up facing her.
Now explain how the mother, who was in the room, didn't notice her daughter drag the gun off the table, flip the safety off, then kill herself.

My money is still on the parents having planned it.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU HAVE A GUN SITTING ON A TABLE NEAR A CHILD?

HOW THE HELL DOES A CHILD EVEN GET CLOSE TO A LOADED GUN?

WHO LEAVES A LOADED GUN UNATTENDED. F*** YOU WORLD!!

(ps this really has nothing to do with the wii. its one of those stories that is capitalizing on a horrible tragedy and connecting it to a popular item in the news. its a really sick ploy. it can also be "black pr.")

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SPH73 said:
WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU HAVE A GUN SITTING ON A TABLE NEAR A CHILD?

HOW THE HELL DOES A CHILD EVEN GET CLOSE TO A LOADED GUN?

WHO LEAVES A LOADED GUN UNATTENDED. F*** YOU WORLD!!

Well obviously the step-father is one of those retarded no-lifers who chooses his wii and firearms over the safety of his family. The guy had his wii and handgun on the coffee table... I don't want to stereotype but I can imagine the coffee table also had a lot of empty beer cans, junk food containers and cigarette cartons. Disorganized and careless households are like that...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea this is crazy
frown.gif

Think as if u were the guy who left the gun there or any other dangerous item ( I know you thinking I would not do that ,but) if u did would thing you need to be charge with something? Not saying that no charges is right, just curious.

plz do not blame all of Americans... never been to Europe but it sure to be nice
smile.gif

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
Yea this is crazy
frown.gif

Think as if u were the guy who left the gun there or any other dangerous item ( I know you thinking I would not do that ,but) if u did would thing you need to be charge with something? Not saying that no charges is right, just curious.

plz do not blame all of Americans... never been to Europe but it sure to be nice
smile.gif

Nobody is blaming Americans. Most American gunowners that I know are extremely responsible and have their firearms properly locked up in their homes. The idiot gunowners are the stupid ones that leave their weapons on the coffee table next to their videogame consoles and young children and don't care about properly storing their weapons. It's a horrible accident waiting to happen and there's nobody to blame but themselves when their family members accidentally shoot themselves with it. Did the step-father learn his lesson now? I'm pretty sure he did but at what cost?

The step-father can be charged with manslaughter and unlawful/reckless endangerment of a minor. If that gun is legally registered by him, he can't be charged for having it out in the open in his own home. However, I'm not sure what the firearm laws are in Tennessee.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
really really stupid..a 3 year old would atleast know the diff between a gun and a wii mote
if u click on the source link there is a pict of the real gun and the wiimote gun attachment looking accessory in black. i couldnt tell which 1 was real.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
really really stupid..a 3 year old would atleast know the diff between a gun and a wii mote
Heh, the stupid parents bought a Wiimote add-on that looks exactly like a real gun, then left both on a table.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
anaxs said:
if u click on the source link there is a pict of the real gun and the wiimote gun attachment looking accessory in black. i couldnt tell which 1 was real.
You're right...

The thing is, I'm surprised she was able to carry it, and shoot it at herself, if that's what really happened. Unless she was a big toddler, the gun is obviously considerably heavier. The trigger isn't a big deal, but the weight, the fact that she pointed it at herself, and it being where she can reach it is very shaky. Either the cops are stupid, or this unlikely event happened. That man probably shot his daughter.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
syko5150 said:
shinkukage09 said:
triassic911 said:

Now explain how the mother, who was in the room, didn't notice her daughter drag the gun off the table, flip the safety off, then kill herself.

My money is still on the parents having planned it.
well who said the safety was on to begin with and maybe the mother was talking on the phone it happens all the time where parents don't pay attention to what their kids are doing but regardless of if it was just an accident or planned its still the parents fault for having the gun on the table. If you're going to keep a gun in the home and you have kids then you have to keep it somewhere they cant get it.

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The article says the toddler pulled the gun off the table and it went off when it hit the floor. Step-father claims that he was asleep in another room while the mother was with the toddler. I think that the step-father thought a 3 year old wouldn't be so inquistive so he felt that it was safe to leave the gun out in the open.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo