Awatama -> Soul Bubbles

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by pepe2, Jul 17, 2009.

Jul 17, 2009

Awatama -> Soul Bubbles by pepe2 at 6:55 AM (2,283 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    Any1 is interested on helping me if possible to swich the files that are neded to have the cutness of the japanesse version with english text? i've seen that obj and tex folders are involving into this cuz i've replaced em and get the Usa version so must be a combination on the files insidethose folders to be switched

2. xshinox

Member xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    theres a difference of graphics between the two?

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah plus there are gameplay differences, some things have been tightened etc.

4. xshinox

Member xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i just looked at a video. the main character was changed. american version had a bald kid and japanese has a kid with hair. hmm, i wonder if it is possible to do what the TC wants.

5. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    i havce succeded in "translating" the game but it also changes the character so i want to swich only the necesary files not the whole folders i have tried to do so but then if i dont swich the whole folder i get graphical errors and text in japanese

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Am I seriously the only one who preferred the character in the original version? The purple looks ridiculous.

7. kosheh

Member kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ugh, I'm really tired and wanna go to sleep but I'm gonna try to take a shot at this. Doesn't look that hard at all, tbh.

There we go.

pepe, you're sort of doing it wrong; for starters in order to translate the dialogue, simply open up the /local/ folder within the game directory (using something like DSbuff or DSlazy), and swap the names of

strings_JP.dat.game.bin
    and
    strings_US.dat.game.bin

then, swap the two files "ui_main.NFTR" and "ui_main_JP.NFTR" as well. They're in the /fonts/ folder.
    The Japanese game uses a bigger font, so some text won't display right. The American one will work fine, and won't make "All rights reserved" blink weird in the legal info at the beginning of the game.

then repack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some things don't translate and yes, graphical errors occur but

THAT'S IT omg i have more trouble getting out of bed in the morning than doing this

Even better: If you're Spanish, French or whatever, those languages are in here too! Just swap the JP file with the file from your region.
    All of the European images are actually stored within the game; the dialogue strings also contain filepaths and pointers to that region's text. This means that you don't even need the Soul Bubbles ROM in order to do this!

this is so disgustingly simple to do that I don't even want to post a patch; most anyone with a brain can do it themselves. However if there's some lazy, lazy people I'll leave it up to TC, but let me warn you

It actually takes less time doing the above method than patching it

yeah!!!

8. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    tnks alot it worked but as it has many errors could be possible to replace jsut the char in the english version so no ppl complain?

9. kosheh

Member kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    should be in the models folder - take /player_JP/ folder from the Japanese game and /prologue_jp/

THat will only swap the models though, if you're OK with that

Everything else is too different for a simple copy-paste job
    There's a few more files you might want to switch, so the little guy at the map screen is the Japanese character and not the US one

Idk, I'd rather have my unreadable pause screen than a US version that's glitchy everywhere :I

10. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States

yea me 2 but is easy C is continue and E is exit XD

gonna try what u've said and ill tell u if it works

EDIT i did this and worked perfectly ive swiched all the filels that had _jp exept for

logo_jp, logo_jp_01, logo_jp_02

disclamier

string

ui_main_jp

select

typo

and well then once putted in ther respective folders delete the _jp and delete the original us and worked in the map in the upper part is the girl not the bald guy and all the rest is like jp version but without all the problems

Edit 2: i fould some little porblem when going to an other lvl the bald guiy appears intead of the japanese 1 i swiched select but then thje graphics then glitch in the select lvl screen and it appears the japanese char but transparent and having like 2 black squares on its contorn

If any1 could help me solving this the game will be perfect

Edit:3 ive tried to swich the logo of Awatama so whren it starts appears Awatama instead of SOul bubles but when i didi the swich and the rename of the files i got glitchy graphics

11. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    any succeded in editing the bald kid in the scenario selecion screen?

12. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    sry i cant delete my post u should add that function

HELP!!!!

13. shabon

Newcomer shabon Member

United States
    The texture video format is stored in a file called MaterialTable, outside of the actual texture files, so this has to be modified if you get corrupted display.

14. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    shpouldnt the japanese version have a simmilar file that is called materialtable? cuz if 1 file of the 2 called material and materials is missin in the usa version it doesnt work but the japanese version has only 1 of those 2 how's that?

15. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    any could?

16. pepe2
    OP

Newcomer pepe2 Member

United States
    triplepost FTW?

Any1 plz answer:

shouldnt the japanese version have a simmilar file that is called materialtable? cuz if 1 file of the 2 called material and materials is missin in the usa version it doesnt work but the japanese version has only 1 of those 2 how's that?

Or tell me any other mehod to fix the bald gaya appearing in the selection lvl screen