QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a place to talk about Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Specifically, season threes newest episodes and the series finale, but every second of the show is worth discussing if we've got the time.

NO SPOILERS!!!

I don't care if you own the little companion book that gives loads of crap away or you read it on the most reliable source online.

DO NOT GIVE AWAY SPOILERS

I dont care if you already know what happens and/or feel that after all the time thats passed and all the spoiler-filled DVDS, News, articles and books that have been published and circulated that everyone should know by now what happens. Everyone doesn't and I feel that it would be down right unfair at this point to ruin anyone whose shown so much dedication to the series by not finding out the ending.

Enough already of what isn't allowed in this thread, here's what is allowed:

We can speculate, conversate and reminisce about the episodes that HAVE BEEN SHOWN ON TV ALREADY, but I think that its only fair we respect the wishes of any A:tla fans who would like to be surprised.

Also, feel free to share any Fan-Work you've done and I'll add a nice link to this first post so that it can be found.

We may also talk about the upcoming Live Action Movie that is in the works, if any one should like too, that is
smile.gif

*sits back to await her fellow avatards arrival*

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually love the show, and I dont know where they are in the US, but I've been keeping up with the UK releases. What episodes has been shown so far?

gizmo_gal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, we're all pretty much on the same page after tomorrow. The latest episode that was leaked was 14 and 15--The Boiling Rock. It comes on TV tomorrow--then Wednesday-Friday are all new episodes, leading up to the coupe de grace--THE SERIES FINALE!!!!

Whoo-whoo--whoo!!!! *pumps her arms in the air like a maniac*

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
The Boiling Rocks have been out for an extremely long period of time. I've been waiting for new eps for quite a while. However, there was a change I think and new eps would only be released as they came out with the DVD's. I do love this show very much.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My brother and I are waiting for the episodes as well.

Probably going to wait for them all to be released (they are daily so it should not matter) and watch them back to back.

gizmo_gal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my dad and I and all my younger brothers like this show. I converted my sister only recently to the wonderful world of Avatar but she's not an "Avatard"

My dad just watches it whenever he sees that its on, so he's not seen all the episodes and he doesn't watch them all in order, but he talks about it quite a bit and has been watching the Avatar marathon on TV and he's going to watch all the new episodes after the Series Finale has shown.

He didn't tell me until the last moment that he wanted me to record the Avatar Marathon for him, so it was too late and because I dont have any tapes. I'm going to buy the DVD sets when time permits though.

I really cant wait. Tomorrow goings to be the first "unseen" episode in ages and I'm going to do everything possible to watch every second of it on TV.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
THE SERIES FINALE!!!!
really?
this is only book 3 though
and for me, i thought it would be 4
like the 4 elements
book 1:water
book 2:earth
book 3:fire
book 4:air?
iono, i just assumed there would be 4 books based on the elements

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure the series creators have confirmed that this season marks the end of Zuko's/Aang's story. There might (more like probably will) be more stories told in the Avatar universe like movies and what not, but this is, for all intents of purposes, the end of the series.

A side note: Why the heck do people refer to themselves endearingly as blank-tards? It's quite frankly retarded
tongue.gif
. I mean why would you want to associate yourself with the term "retarded"? It's not exactly a compliment. I always thought that using Narutard or Avatard was exclusively used as an insult but after lurking on some Avatar forums I found people calling each other Avatards affectionately and it was just weird.

As for the series end; I cannot wait. I did not expect to enjoy this show at all but after reading FAST6191's and Psyira's recommendations in the cartoon thread I decided to check it out. Needless to say I was hooked. I watched all of the available episodes in the span of a week. I haven't watched a show that intensely since I'd discovered Battlestar Galactica. My sister, who tends to enjoy children's shows with me, wasn't as impressed by the show as I was, meaning I'm probably gonna be watching these ones alone.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Avatar is a children's program that is also really popular amongst teenagers and adults. It's a martial arts/adventure story with lots of humour in between. What impressed me the most is that the creators seem like they spent a lot of time making the world seem fairly believable and whole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

Here's Wikipedia's article.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh its this anime on nickelodeon
its about erm..
im not very good at explaining
but theres four elements in their world: earth, water, fire, and air
and aang (the avatar) is the last airbender
the different nations are at war (each element is a nation. cept for air, since aang is the only one) because the fire nation invaded the water, and earth. and kinda like took control. so aang and his friends have to stop the fire nation.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ther are 3 books because each one is the element Aang learns in that chapter. Aang already knew air-bending, therefore no Book 4.

The Boiling Rock has been out for a good, long time as there was a DVD released with it and some other (previously) new episodes on it in May. Tomorrow starts world debuting episodes.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
This show sweats quality in every drawing.
Animation series such as this are the ones worth it. Unlike a certain talking sponge, who, is, by all means really fun, but that is not quality entertainment, is just entertainment.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VVoltz™ said:
This show sweats quality in every drawing.
Animation series such as this are the ones worth it. Unlike a certain talking sponge, who, is, by all means really fun, but that is not quality entertainment, is just entertainment.
i do agree. avatar is funny, combines martial arts with a twist of elemental power, and has an interesting story line with cliffhangers.

btw, spongebob FTW :]

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's the Code Geass of Cartoons, lol. Just kidding, although I was partically serious....

Anyway, I do enjoy this show. It's pretty entertaining to watch. Glad to see that they're finally having an end to this book or possibly the series. It's been a long wait.

Hurray.... I'll just wait until it's on youtube or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: