Hacking Avalon Code

Glyth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this compatble with r4? cuz when i remove the code "ill" the sword transforms then the screen hangs there am i suppose to do somthing after that?

Glyth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 v1.18 kernel

wered u get 1.19?

got a link?

aslo i need a link to updated ysmenu .. cuz i was useing ysmenu on the thing but thats wat hangs it at that dumb strrength weapon tutoral

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
I'm using firmware 1.19 and it's working fine, I don't know if using ysmenu.QUOTE(Glyth @ Mar 12 2009, 12:04 PM) wered u get 1.19?

got a link?

aslo i need a link to updated ysmenu .. cuz i was useing ysmenu on the thing but thats wat hangs it at that dumb strrength weapon tutoral
1.19 is fake

get a2h's YSMenu generator: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359
and YSMenu: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ (scroll down to DS(T_T)DS and click the "2009/02/07 16:30" link)

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I know 1.19 isn't official update, but so far I don't have any problem at all, I can play new games, I can use cheats. But in order to use 1.19 the cart need to be hacked first. It's up to you if you want to use ysmenu, but I'm satisfied with 1.19. You can get 1.19 in "Downloads" section.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1.18, real r4, 2gb sd.

Works fine, without ysmenu

Sounds like your sd card needs a good format. don't just quick format, fill it with zeros to isolate bad sectors.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game keeps freezing, mostly when I try to save. Does anyone know how to avoid this?

R4, v1.18, no ys menu, fat (not 32) format.

Shoul I format the SD Card, maybe FAT32? Install Ys menu? Help please?
tongue.gif

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All SD cards suffer from bad sectors.

Keeping your cards ship shape requires formatting them properly. *Any* decent disk format program will allow you to write zeros to the card (fill it) to flag bad sectors so as to avoid using them in the future.

This takes a fair chunk of time, the bigger your SD the longer it'll take.

Ysmenu is ... I'm going to get flamed for this I'm sure since so many R4 users who feel cast adrift by the R4 team have latched onto it for some reason... Ysmenu is overrated.

Its never fixed a game I haven't gotten to run one way or another on vanilla 1.18 R4. The ONLY reason I bother to keep ysmenu current on my card is to cheat. Editing the cheat.dat file down to size is a frustration I don't need.

I can only guess the majority of its users are either desperate for regular, no matter how pointless, updates to firmware. Or more likely got conned into buying clone/fake r4's that came with shonky firmware to begin with and are delighted at what Ysmenu can offer them (a working flashcart).

This is opinion mind you, so take it with a lick of my arse salt.

As for your particular saving problem, how far into the game are you? I haven't gone much past the first town so maybe much later saving is an issue.

To the fat 32 vs 16 query? Hell if I know why anyone uses 16 anymore. It hasn't seemed any more stable with any games that I've noticed and I got so sick of the MUCH slower write to disk time that I can't use it anymore.

Eternity`

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShinRyouma said:
I know 1.19 isn't official update, but so far I don't have any problem at all, I can play new games, I can use cheats. But in order to use 1.19 the cart need to be hacked first. It's up to you if you want to use ysmenu, but I'm satisfied with 1.19. You can get 1.19 in "Downloads" section.

What do you mean with hacked?

-Eternity

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hate2.gif

Sadly, it didn't work.

I've formatted the SD Card, re-download the kernel 1.18, got the game from a different source, deleted the save file, started a new one choosing the girl... zero, nada.

The freezing occurs everytime I try to save for the second time, yep, the second time. Like this: I'm playing and then I save, then I want to save again, that's when it freezes.

"Why save TWO times", you ask. And I tell you, the game also freezes after half an hour or so, totally unpredictable.

I'd like so help, really. Especially because no one is facing this kind of problem, and every other piece of rom works flawlessly on my R4 card.

Thoughts? Please share!
unsure.gif

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Eternity` said:

-Eternity

I didn't hack it myself, I ask my friend to install 1.19 and he hack my cart in order to install 1.19. He said there's a switch inside the cart and he hack it without unscrewing the cart. My friend owns a game shop so he didn't tell me the detail (to keep the hacking secret).

Eternity`

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShinRyouma said:
Eternity` said:

-Eternity

I didn't hack it myself, I ask my friend to install 1.19 and he hack my cart in order to install 1.19. He said there's a switch inside the cart and he hack it without unscrewing the cart. My friend owns a game shop so he didn't tell me the detail (to keep the hacking secret).

Can someone confirm this?

-Eternity

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having some trouble saving twice... The first time saving works fine but the second time it hangs. I'm using M3 Simply last clean firmware (cant' remember the version number now).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks