Hacking AUTORCM with Incognito

ea11rware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A friend of mine told me AutoRCM has a big risk of getting your console brick, so I was wondering that if I use Incognito, will I still have that risk of getting banned or will it be safer?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A friend of mine told me AutoRCM has a big risk of getting your console brick, so I was wondering that if I use Incognito, will I still have that risk of getting banned or will it be safer?
Autorcm kinda does a controlled brick to automaticly trigger rcm on boot, thats it. Besides that, unless you break your usb, you will always be able to inject a payload on an unpatched switch with autorcm.
The only situation it might really brick a switch, is when you have a switch thats patched or a mariko, since you can't inject a payload in these cases, but hekate should prevent you from doing this on patched and mariko switches, and even if you get it applied on these switches, there are ways to recover, but they require another switch or way to access the nand.

ea11rware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Autorcm kinda does a controlled brick to automaticly trigger rcm on boot, thats it. Besides that, unless you break your usb, you will always be able to inject a payload on an unpatched switch with autorcm.
The only situation it might really brick a switch, is when you have a switch thats patched or a mariko, since you can't inject a payload in these cases, but hekate should prevent you from doing this on patched and mariko switches, and even if you get it applied on these switches, there are ways to recover, but they require another switch or way to access the nand.
So basically, I can leave AutoRCM on without any problems?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
AutoRCM literally bricks your console, that's how it works, it bricks it in such a way that it can't boot normally and the failsafe causes it to enter RCM instead. Easy to revert though. There is no way to boot completely stock OFW with AutoRCM installed because some patches are required to bypass the brick and boot sysNAND and because I personally care more about online than piracy I don't want to take any risks no matter how small so I avoid AutoRCM so that I can still boot normally into stock OFW and to keep my sysNAND completely untouched, because there is a possibility Nintendo could detect AutoRCM is installed in a future update. It's not a big risk but I've taken every precaution possible to keep my console unbanned so far. But the risk of permanently bricking the console from AutoRCM is pretty much zero.

ea11rware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
AutoRCM literally bricks your console, that's how it works, it bricks it in such a way that it can't boot normally and the failsafe causes it to enter RCM instead. Easy to revert though. There is no way to boot completely stock OFW with AutoRCM installed because some patches are required to bypass the brick and boot sysNAND and because I personally care more about online than piracy I don't want to take any risks no matter how small so I avoid AutoRCM so that I can still boot normally into stock OFW and to keep my sysNAND completely untouched, because there is a possibility Nintendo could detect AutoRCM is installed in a future update. It's not a big risk but I've taken every precaution possible to keep my console unbanned so far. But the risk of permanently bricking the console from AutoRCM is pretty much zero.
I don´t like AutoRCM that much myself, you don´t know when Nintendo brings up a new way of banning people with it on. Btw, I saw you mentioned that you care more about online, can I use FTP if I use incognito or 90DNS? Or even Exosphere as the other guy told me

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don´t like AutoRCM that much myself, you don´t know when Nintendo brings up a new way of banning people with it on. Btw, I saw you mentioned that you care more about online, can I use FTP if I use incognito or 90DNS? Or even Exosphere as the other guy told me
Exosphere PRODINFO blanking and/or the built in DNS blocking in Atmosphere are just as good as Incognito/90DNS and you can go online in any homebrew safely, you just won't be able to go online in any official software (that includes apps like YouTube because they still try to check in with Nintendo servers but there are patches for some official apps that make them work without Nintendo servers)

ea11rware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Exosphere PRODINFO blanking and/or the built in DNS blocking in Atmosphere are just as good as Incognito/90DNS and you can go online in any homebrew safely, you just won't be able to go online in any official software (that includes apps like YouTube because they still try to check in with Nintendo servers but there are patches for some official apps that make them work without Nintendo servers)
Thank you very much! ;)

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo detecting autorcm is very unlikely, if they really wanted to add a way, they would have already done it. I think atmosphere even hides autorcm from the system, but about that I'm not 100% sure.
Also it's nothing that wouldn't be know shortly after and patched out by atmosphere, before a person even boots cfw on that new potential firmware update.
Exosphere (what's used by hekate stock option) detection currently is also not really possible, since any try would currently result in a full system crash on the stock switch os. So hekates stock boot should also be safe.
Also atmosphere takes enough precautions in itself to make it relatively save to use it online, as long as you don't install nsps or cheat online, since that's the developers goal.

I'm always in cfw with both of my swifches, and I don't even have any emunand setup, still neither of my switches, nor any of my friends switches are banned.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

alberto90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nintendo detecting autorcm is very unlikely, if they really wanted to add a way, they would have already done it. I think atmosphere even hides autorcm from the system, but about that I'm not 100% sure.
Also it's nothing that wouldn't be know shortly after and patched out by atmosphere, before a person even boots cfw on that new potential firmware update.
Exosphere (what's used by hekate stock option) detection currently is also not really possible, since any try would currently result in a full system crash on the stock switch os. So hekates stock boot should also be safe.
Also atmosphere takes enough precautions in itself to make it relatively save to use it online, as long as you don't install nsps or cheat online, since that's the developers goal.

I'm always in cfw with both of my swifches, and I don't even have any emunand setup, still neither of my switches, nor any of my friends switches are banned.
But, if I don’t open my NSP backup when I’m online, may I connect my switch to internet to use YouTube ? Without EmuNAND I mean

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either