Hacking AutoRCM question

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we still need AutoRCM to prevent efuses from being blown
Yes, AutoRCM is required to keep your efuses from being burnt. If you don't care about future exploits (i.e. You're good with using the RCM exploit forever), then you don't need to worry about efuses or downgrades.

vbhagaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are my two cents on this, the only reason i keep autorcm is to be able to flash my clean nand say from 5.1 (or whenever you decided to use homebrew on switch). If i dont keep autorcm and kept updating my switch using Choi to latest (with burning fuses) i would never be able to flash my clean nand when required (for e.g. right now with new emunand situation).

If i burn my fuses and flash my old firmware clean NAND the switch will never boot? Let me know if i am wrong here and there is some thing i am missing here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are my two cents on this, the only reason i keep autorcm is to be able to flash my clean nand say from 5.1 (or whenever you decided to use homebrew on switch). If i dont keep autorcm and kept updating my switch using Choi to latest (with burning fuses) i would never be able to flash my clean nand when required (for e.g. right now with new emunand situation).

If i burn my fuses and flash my old firmware clean NAND the switch will never boot? Let me know if i am wrong here and there is some thing i am missing here.

Even if you burn fuses, you can still boot your clean NAND dump. You will just need to boot into RCM and use a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check which all custom bootloaders do by default.

Reactions: vbhagaur

vbhagaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you burn fuses, you can still boot your clean NAND dump. You will just need to boot into RCM and use a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check which all custom bootloaders do by default.

Thanks, i knew i must be missing something. Although i have to say i also like autoRCM as i don’t like using jig to put switch in RCM mode every time i have to reboot.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...