• Views 103,279
  • Replies 276
  • Likes 44

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you mean you're going to wait for AutoRCM to become more stable, that's not going to happen. It works a very specific way that isn't going to change.
I see.. i guess ill just stick to manually triggering RCM then, it's a nice hack and all but it just causes more problems than it's worth.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Or you aren’t competent enough to use it correctly :>
Meaning what? i've not done anything weird after installing it, it just caused these issues completely random for me and i suspect it's caused after the switch gets turned off.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And that makes me not competent enough? but yeah i think you're right about me been the lucky sucker that got the battery problem, i'll just wait it out awhile until atmosphere drops before i try messing around with it again.
Yeah that’s the right thing to do.
Wait for atmosphere, so it will have no sleep mode problem or anything ;)

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Great, first I didn’t insulted him, and I didn’t knew that people here doesn’t know sarcasm.
Let’s not forget you want me to not insult by insulting me. How hypocrite :rofl:
To be fair, by you saying to me that i'm not competent enough sounds like an insult to me so maybe you should choose your words more carefully.

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, by you saying to me that i'm not competent enough sounds like an insult to me so maybe you should choose your words more carefully.

My Switch actually connected to my pc in RCM today, came on with 15% battery left after leaving it plugged into my PC for about 10 mins so I guess it ran the battery dry which kicked it out of that blackscreen mess :P still keeping AutoRCM on for now though, cba with tin foil

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Switch actually connected to my pc in RCM today, came on with 15% battery left after leaving it plugged into my PC for about 10 mins so I guess it ran the battery dry which kicked it out of that blackscreen mess :P still keeping AutoRCM on for now though, cba with tin foil
Be careful, i did remove AutoRCM and my battery did once again run completely dry so it's more than likely to be an incorrect battery level reading.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful, i did remove AutoRCM and my battery did once again run completely dry so it's more than likely to be an incorrect battery level reading.
Well I've put it on charge for now, let's see how it goes when it's at 100%
Battery read issues can be solved by completely charging and discharging the system, sometimes more than once. Eventually, it will return to normal.

D

Deleted User

OP
does it only boot me in to rcm mode if i hold power and + volume or it's just boots you in to rcm when you boot up the switch?

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does it only boot me in to rcm mode if i hold power and + volume or it's just boots you in to rcm when you boot up the switch?

It skips the steps of needing to short the pins on your joycon rail as well as the volume button / power press afterward. Your switch will always boot into RCM with AutoRCM and will need a payload injected every time it's fully powered on (not from sleep)

D

Deleted User

OP
It skips the steps of needing to short the pins on your joycon rail as well as the volume button / power press afterward. Your switch will always boot into RCM with AutoRCM and will need a payload injected every time it's fully powered on (not from sleep)
yea i think im gonna pass on that

D

Deleted User

OP
Wearing out your Switch's pins over and over is less wise imo ;)
ok so last question can i turn off RCM if in boot in it?

Edit1: ok nvm i tried it and it works

Edit2: well it worked on normal RCM

Last edited by ,

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no battery de sync issue with AutoRCM. That is with Linux.
Wrong. it is a known issue with AutoRCM as if you see my last few posts i had this issue from installing and just running Hekate payloads and only like 2 or 3 times.

Last edited by Toni456,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think