• Replies 276
  • Likes 44

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been uing autoRCM ever since hekate had its sleep mode fixed. I haven't had any issues with charging, battery de-syncing, or anything. I don't usually let my switch go below 30% of juice though.

Reactions: Trunks2304

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You must have installed Linux or Lakka then. It doesn't.
I never installed linux or used anything else, literally all i did was install AutoRCM and restart the switch a few times to test it and the next time i turned it on it wouldn't work.

Last edited by Toni456,

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wrong. it is a known issue with AutoRCM as if you see my last few posts i had this issue from installing and just running Hekate payloads and only like 2 or 3 times.
It's not a real issue if you're alone. You have probably leave your switch for some hours in RCM mode.

Last edited by Thetoto,
Reactions: Trunks2304

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's not a real issue if you're alone. You have probably leave your switch for some hours in RCM mode.
But that would imply it was a battery drain issue, it took quite a while for the battery de-sync to fix itself after that even after uninstalling AutoRCM it still struggled to turn on.

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But that would imply it was a battery drain issue, it took quite a while for the battery de-sync to fix itself after that even after uninstalling AutoRCM it still struggled to turn on.
You said its a known issue. That is false. No one here speaks of getting a battery sync issue using AutoRCM.

Battery desync has only been happening to users who tried Lakka or Linux as others have said. You probably left your switch in RCM too long because you didn't power it off properly using the hetake boot menu.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You said its a known issue. That is false. No one here speaks of getting a battery sync issue using AutoRCM.

Battery desync has only been happening to users who tried Lakka or Linux as others have said. You probably left your switch in RCM too long because you didn't power it off properly using the hetake boot menu.
Well to be fair i'm not the only one who has commented in this thread with this problem.
edit: Also i have triple checked my switch has been turned off properly so i have never left it in RCM mode.

Last edited by Toni456,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well to be fair i'm not the only one who has commented in this thread with this problem.
edit: Also i have triple checked my switch has been turned off properly so i have never left it in RCM mode.
The battery de-sync with AutoRCM HAS happened before. The below is one example.

I've done the following:
  1. Install AutoRCM and boot into Horizon, disconnecting the Switch from the computer.
  2. Let the Switch battery get to 50% in Horizon.
  3. Completely power off the system.
  4. Plug in the Switch to a power source, which causes it to enter RCM.
  5. Let it sit plugged in and in RCM all day.
  6. Unplug the Switch from the power source and quickly load Horizon.
  7. The battery is at 100%.
I can't think of any explanation for this other than the Switch charging in RCM. The OS not lowering the battery percentage doesn't explain it being at 100%.

You're probably right. I performed this test a day or two ago. I powered on my Switch today, and it's dead or nearly dead. It definitely was not left in RCM.
As you can see, if you leave the Switch charging in RCM with a corrupt BCT, the OS will think its accepting charge but the actual charge rate is diminished due to the corrupt BCT. The following is the differences in charges rates with and without AutoRCM during RCM.
So, Switch charges and does not charges in RCM. xD

The results (battery was 89%):

The switch can charge normally the battery, if the BCT is intact!
In RCM AND in hekate menu.
*BCT is the boot configuration table that autoRCM corrupts.

Tests showed that it was charging with the same current, as in Horison OS.
The current it was drawing with 89% battery, was 800mA - 1000mA, using Switch wall adapter. On PC, it was the max the hub could give.

------------------------------------

The switch cannot charge normally with a corrupt BCT (AutoRCM).
In hekate, it shows similar behavior (read below).

Extra emphasis on the "normally".

With autoRCM, basically a corrupt BCT, the switch behaves differently.
There are 2 behaviors that I saw when connecting to the switch wall charger:
  • Common - It was draining 140-250mA.
  • Common (in hekate) - 200mA - 400mA
  • Rare (normally if you connect charger after powering off from HOS) - Drain of alternating 250mA and 1000mA, with surges of 2.5A.

------------------------------------

Summary - facts:
  1. Switch can charge completely normally in RCM or Hekate with a BCT intact
    • The percent % in Horizon OS, after a RCM charge, is not fake.
  2. Switch does not charge normally with AutoRCM, a.k.a corrupt BCT.
    1. Either it charges very slowly or sometimes with a broken slow/fast/slow/fast charge pattern:
    2. Or this behavior is current taken from the USB controller or the BPMP (Nvidia's Boot and Power management processor)
    • In AutoRCM, the Charge IC probably can't update the battery calibration file and could make the percent fake.
I don't know for behavior .3 what really happens and what Switch does. This can be easily examined, by connecting a current multimeter between battery and switch and check the readings.
So to achieve the battery de-sync, you would have to have AutoRCM installed AND have the Switch in RCM AND be actively charging it.

Reactions: Toni456

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And you left the Switch charging in RCM for copious amounts of time or was it simply idling in RCM without accepting a charge?
I wasn't aware of how to turn off the switch fully for a while when I got AutoRCM, and would just put it into sleep or turn off via horizon (not hetake boot menu) and then would plug it in to charge, and it would do so very slowly. Never had any battery desync issue to this day.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of how to turn off the switch fully for a while when I got AutoRCM, and would just put it into sleep or turn off via horizon (not hetake boot menu) and then would plug it in to charge, and it would do so very slowly. Never had any battery desync issue to this day.
It will accept charge with a corrupt BCT, albeit very, very slowly. I'm assuming after you left it charging (which is being done in RCM) that you hooked it up via USB, sent the Hekate payload, and booted into Horizon/CFW? Not hold power for 10+ seconds to manually power down the Switch to exit RCM?

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will accept charge with a corrupt BCT, albeit very, very slowly. I'm assuming after you left it charging (which is being done in RCM) that you hooked it up via USB, sent the Hekate payload, and booted into Horizon/CFW? Not hold power for 10+ seconds to manually power down the Switch to exit RCM?
Yep that's correct that's what I did do. Now I always inject the payload from my phone to hit power off in the hetake menu.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that's correct that's what I did do. Now I always inject the payload from my phone to hit power off in the hetake menu.
This is the last thing I can think of. Say you left your Switch at X battery percentage then you let it charge in RCM up to a Y percentage that you see once you immediately send Hekate. Now you use the Switch for some time and it goes down. Do you charge the Switch at all while it is on or do you do all of your charging in RCM?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this boots normally if no payload is found?
Pressing the power button on your Switch with this will make it automatically go into RCM. In RCM, you cannot do anything outside of manually turning the Switch off or sending a payload. So it will stay in RCM if no payload is no found and not boot normally. It will only boot normally without AutoRCM installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...